Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bobrovsky vs. Luongo - Rep where I can!

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Bobrovsky vs. Luongo - Rep where I can!

My team is in win now mode and is a favorite for the next few years, my current keepers are:

1. Crosby
    2. Ovy
    3. Stamkos
    4. Kopitar
    5. Tarasenko
    6. Duchene
    7. Byfuglien
    8. Backstrom
    9. Schneider
    10. ??

Goalies are a premium in this league, currently count W, SV%, GAA, SO (May be removing SO for SV), and is the sole reason I didn't 3-peat this year! Skaters we count G, A, P, PPP, SOG, HIT, FOW.

My plan was to keep one of Bob & Luongo seeing as the best goalies that will go back in the draft are whichever goalie I don't keep, Lehner and Miller (Very sad group!). We require 3 starts per week.

I could keep another forward, it would have to be either Zibanejad or Jenner and gamble on a goalie coming back to me in the draft, however I don't draft until 12th and its very unlikely either one makes it back to me.

So, would you prefer Bob or Luongo - Next 3 years I'm in win now mode. Rep to whomever I can! Thanks in advance!

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Bobrovsky vs. Luongo - Rep where I can!

With goalies being so valuable, I keep a G over Jenner. I'm leaning towards Bob for a few reasons. Lu is already not healthy to start the season due to offseason surgery. Lu also has Reimer to content with for starts, and Reimer will have planted himself based on the first month or so of the season. You want the most starts, and that will go to Bob. If you are adding saves as well, then that bit gets compounded, and it leans even more to Bob. Due to Lu's age etc, he will also slip more in drafts if you want to grab him again. All things aside, if they are both healthy, Bob I think has the most talent. He can also much more realistically go on a tear, that you can sell him high from for a more reliable goalie.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Great One

Bob... Lou is starting injured which is always rough but also Reimer will canabilise his starts. When Bob is healthy he plays (A big if I know)
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Sage

I would be peddling both of those guys and whatever else I had to package from my non-keepers to get an upgrade. Luongo will begin being phased down in Florida this year. They didnt sign Reimer to play 20 games a year. Time share coming.

Bob is so injury-riddled he is beginning to remind me of Samuel L. Jackson from the movie Unbreakable. Plays for a weak team that is coached by an unstable personality. But based on age and amount of starts, Bob is probably your keeper here if its a straight choice between him and Lu.

I would be tempted to keep Jenner, a young multi-cat stud that should do well in your format, over both of them. But it would be in your best interest to get on the phones and see if there is something out there that upgrades your #2 G/10th keeper spot.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    I would be peddling both of those guys and whatever else I had to package from my non-keepers to get an upgrade. Luongo will begin being phased down in Florida this year. They didnt sign Reimer to play 20 games a year. Time share coming.

Bob is so injury-riddled he is beginning to remind me of Samuel L. Jackson from the movie Unbreakable. Plays for a weak team that is coached by an unstable personality. But based on age and amount of starts, Bob is probably your keeper here if its a straight choice between him and Lu.

I would be tempted to keep Jenner, a young multi-cat stud that should do well in your format, over both of them. But it would be in your best interest to get on the phones and see if there is something out there that upgrades your #2 G/10th keeper spot.
    Good points for sure. If you can find a Blue Jackets believer then you may be able to package Jenner/Bob for a decent enough goalie.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Initiate

I recommend keeping Bob, despite Luongo's strong performance last 2 seasons. Bobby Lou is hurt to start the season, 37 years old, and now has Reimer nipping at his heels with that newly signed 5 year contract.
    Bob on the otherhand, despite coming off a bad year, is a very talented goalie, and once considered by many as Top Tier.
    Its important to remember that he weas plagued with injuries last year and the team overall didnt perform well. I expect a bounceback season from Bob, returning to at the worst, average stats (2.3 GAA, 0.915 sv%, ~30 wins).
    Keeper Team: $300 Auction draft, 10 F, 5 D, 3 G, 5 Bench
    Keep For Following Year: 3 F, 2 D, 1 G

11 Team, Rotisserie G A PTS +/- PIMS PPG PPA SHP GWG W GAA SV% SO

F: Marner, Eichel, Hughes, Crosby, Kopitar, Rust, O'Reilly, Giroux, Horvat, Palat, Podkolzin, Jenner, Copp*, Colton*
    D:
    Toews, Byram, Letang, Theodore, Hamilton
    G:
    Campbell, Fleury, Knight, Quick
    IR: *Cirelli, *DeBrusk

Dobber Sports Genius

I would keep Bob...age and actual backups being two major factors....
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Jedi

I'm anti-Bob, been burned twice by him. I don't see Reimer stealing too many starts from Luongo next year. He's still elite. He has a really strong team in front of him as well. I'd take Luongo. I just don't like much about Columbus these days - outside of Jenner.

That said - I may get roasted for this, but I'd consider keeping Jenner over Duchene - multi-cat 22yr old stud.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I'm anti-Bob, been burned twice by him. I don't see Reimer stealing too many starts from Luongo next year. He's still elite. He has a really strong team in front of him as well. I'd take Luongo. I just don't like much about Columbus these days - outside of Jenner.

That said - I may get roasted for this, but I'd consider keeping Jenner over Duchene - multi-cat 22yr old stud.
    I'm actually not the biggest Duchene guy either, so if you shop him with the goalie instead, then I would like that option for you too.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Thanks everyone for the input!

Unfortunately, I won't be able to shop any of them, our trading season closes until after the draft. I was leaning towards Bob, so I think that's how I'll go. I'm going to try to upgrade him after the draft.

Dobber Sports Genius

IS THIS AN OPTION:

Do you have IR spots in this league? Loungo is starting the year on the real IR and he will be there until November (December, January?). Can you keep both Bob and Lou then IR Lou and pick up another player when FA/trading opens up? This strategy may not help up in October but should ensure you have 3 damn good goalies come the second half of the year.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    IS THIS AN OPTION:

Do you have IR spots in this league? Loungo is starting the year on the real IR and he will be there until November (December, January?). Can you keep both Bob and Lou then IR Lou and pick up another player when FA/trading opens up? This strategy may not help up in October but should ensure you have 3 damn good goalies come the second half of the year.
    You're suggesting keeping the extra goalie over Duchene? If there are enough IR slots, I'm not against that idea, as it seems forwards are much more easily redrafted than goalies. Definitely worth considering, and then you have options in terms of trading for G upgrades or not.

Dobber Sports Ace

It pains me to agree with keeping Bob. He's got to be pushing for BAB executive status at this point. But with Lu starting hurt, it seems like Bob will at least start the year getting more starts. Ugh... It sucks for you that there really aren't other options in the draft, because this almost seems like a no-win scenario.
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Ingolo View Post
    It pains me to agree with keeping Bob. He's got to be pushing for BAB executive status at this point. But with Lu starting hurt, it seems like Bob will at least start the year getting more starts. Ugh... It sucks for you that there really aren't other options in the draft, because this almost seems like a no-win scenario.
    In a close to no win scenario, you take a flier on the one who has the highest upside if everything goes right, and that would be Vezina winner Bob.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    In a close to no win scenario, you take a flier on the one who has the highest upside if everything goes right, and that would be Vezina winner Bob.
    True. My bias is probably showing though, since Bob burned me the last two seasons. Decided to cut bait with him in a pretty monster trade this summer. I suppose though, since it is the summer (especially if the OP can't make trades), you've just got to go with upside right now. If he stays healthy, and if Columbus isn't a basement dweller this year, Bob is the way to go.
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso