Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Samsonov/saros/gillies

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Samsonov/saros/gillies

I waited until the 27th pick in my entry draft to grab Saros. Samsonov was already gone, but if that gives you some frame of reference as to when to draft, it's my two cents anyhow. Samsonov has definitely shown the most skill, but like Axe said, goalie prospects are a crapshoot. It's hard to know who will play, when, and if they'll adjust to NHL shooters well or not. Markstrom is a good example. He was touted as being the next best goalie prospect, but so far he's been pretty average, or even slightly below average. Lack as well. At the end of the day, there really aren't a ton of sure-things when it comes to goalie prospects, so any of these three is relatively equivalent. I try to aim for guys with a good opportunity, which is why I went with Saros.
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Re: Samsonov/saros/gillies

Thanks for the input guys. Appreciate it and interesting getting the different opinions. Ended up with an extra pick so took saros and gillies. Actually have one too many prospects now lol but can sort that out in a trade.

Wanted to build up my goalie depth so demko, saros and gillies will give me some stuff to work with. Joining Bennett, White, Aho, Bellows, Buchnevich, Ehlers, Kempe, Meier, Sprong, Bowey, Honka, Matheson, Miller for skaters. Domi, Duclair and Wennberg graduated last year.

Thanks again!