Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Surplus of goalies in keep 6.

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Surplus of goalies in keep 6.

For the league in my sig.

I've got Quick, Jones, Gibson, Vasilevskiy and Lehner. Don't expect Lehner to be a moveable asset in this league, but the rest I believe I can deal for picks or a RW (assuming Bishop is moved this summer and Vas becomes the #1).

So my options are:
    Trade the excess guys, keep Quick and Jones
    Trade the excess guys, keep Quick OR Jones (my plan here would be to get a top RW for Quick or Jones. some might say I already have one in Simmonds)
    Keep Quick and Jones, release the goalies into the draft so that they'll be taken early and I improve my odds of getting the RW I want late in the 1st round (9th overall)
    Keep a different combination of goalies?

I'm not entirely sure which way to go and maybe I'm not giving enough info, but I thought I'd just throw this out there and see if anyone has thoughts or draft strategies. The reason I might not keep 2 goalies despite having talented ones is because I find goalies are always dropped or FA ones emerge in this league. Even if you don't get good goalies you can always find one in-season or find spot starts by the bucketful. One last note: the owner of Malkin has a fairly shaky goalie situation - I wonder if Quick or Jones might interest him.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Surplus of goalies in keep 6.

Quick is the guy I am trying to deal. I then keep Jones and Gibson. Biggest return from Quick, and Gibson will be just as good as him next season and going forward.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Quick is the guy I am trying to deal. I then keep Jones and Gibson. Biggest return from Quick, and Gibson will be just as good as him next season and going forward.
    Interesting theory, trading your most valuable, or at least the most dependable goalie, on your roster, but in this case with Jones and Gibson on the fast track to elite status, I can't disagree with you, Eskimo Brother.

Add me to the list of guys supporting this maneuver. A bit risky, but it should net you the greatest return.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by The Bottlenecker View Post
    Interesting theory, trading your most valuable, or at least the most dependable goalie, on your roster, but in this case with Jones and Gibson on the fast track to elite status, I can't disagree with you, Eskimo Brother.

Add me to the list of guys supporting this maneuver. A bit risky, but it should net you the greatest return.
    I'm with EB also. Move Quick. He holds a lot of trade value. Jones-Gibson is a good tandem to have, and underrated aspect, you are not tied with 3 goaltender in the same division.
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by The Bottlenecker View Post

That and the fact he isn't getting younger, while not being in the top tier of Holtby, Price, Bishop.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I think you need to consider Simmonds as a keeper. With shots/hits/blks/pims he's an elite forward who just lacks name value. I wonder if Hall + Quick could get you a goalie upgrade. Maybe Price?

A two for one is ideal if you can swing it. I'm not as high on Hall in general, especially in NJ, and feel Simmonds would be more valuable for the next couple seasons at least.

The Great One

I think you shop Quick AND Jones and keep the one with the lesser return. Quick is a proven commodity - ok peripherals but great win volume. Jones has a short Summer and first full season to get over and I'm not sold on the Sharks being as good next year - he's also massively in vogue right now

if you're selling high maybe adding Vas to that list also as I'm also not convinced Bishop isn't in Tampa next season.

people will buy the name on all three amd some will pay more than others. Realistically dropping one for help elswhere amd keeping Simmonds won't really be a downgrade as you have the depth

Dobber Sports Monster

If I could get MacKinnon for Jones straight up, is that worth looking at?

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO

LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

The Great One

I'm not convinced he's better than what Simmonds would be in your format - remember you're looking to upgrade a keeper as well
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Jedi

This is bold. I like it! A lot of risk hoping Gibson can step up and truly be the man in Anh. next year. He's going to have some rough patches that you'll need to live and deal with. I'd be comfortable keeping Jones though. He really emerged during the playoffs. And to think I almost drafted Reimer in a playoff pool 3 months ago because I thought he would falter by game 3 of the 1st round.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Monster

I'm getting more interest on Jones than Quick actually.

Guy interested in Jones has brought up Malkin and Subban. I think I have to target Malkin here but both seem like good options.

LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    I'm not convinced he's better than what Simmonds would be in your format - remember you're looking to upgrade a keeper as well
    I second this. With your categories Simmonds > MacK

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post

Guy interested in Jones has brought up Malkin and Subban. I think I have to target Malkin here but both seem like good options.
    I'm still pushing Quick hard instead of Jones, but if Malkin/Subban is the return, then I would be happy keeping Gibson/Quick.
    Personally I'm targeting Subban. Malkin just hasn't been able to piece it all together enough to be worth the price tag on the name. Slight Nashville bias there too? Maybe, but Subban is going to a more up tempo team whose scorers I like a little better than MTLs, plus you already have 4 excellent F keepers, but no D, so there is the diversity there that would be welcome.

Dobber Sports Jedi

That's pretty solid interest in a goalie on a team that I wouldn't expect to finish much higher in the regular season than they did this year. Malkin missed 8-12 games a year it seems with 'general body soreness' Plus more with weird injuries. EE's got a good point adding some diversity. PK is a really solid addition for you on the back-end. Wonder if you continue to shop what other options will emerge?
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Monster

Personally I'm targeting Subban. Malkin just hasn't been able to piece it all together enough to be worth the price tag on the name. Slight Nashville bias there too? Maybe, but Subban is going to a more up tempo team whose scorers I like a little better than MTLs, plus you already have 4 excellent F keepers, but no D, so there is the diversity there that would be welcome.
    Yeah I'm starting to think twice about that too. Malkin has missed the last 2 years of fantasy playoffs. He's also 30. And like you say I dont have any dmen. I'm also somewhat worried Malkin will lose his RW eligibility on Yahoo one of these years.

LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Titan

Yeah I'm starting to think twice about that too. Malkin has missed the last 2 years of fantasy playoffs. He's also 30. And like you say I dont have any dmen. I'm also somewhat worried Malkin will lose his RW eligibility on Yahoo one of these years.
    Malkin has a huge ceiling, but he's so risky to go along with such a solid core that you have, that I don't know if it makes sense.