Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Trea Turner

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Trea Turner

With Espinosa playing out of his mind the last month, Turner hasn't had room to come up to the majors. However, it seems like the Nationals want to get Turner's bat into the show sooner rather than later. So Turner has played the last couple of games in the minors, in CF. it would not surprise me to see Turner up in the majors within a week, playing in the outfield, instead of middle infield. For those of you looking for some WW help in those positions, where Turner is not owned, then stash him. Or even if he is owned, send out some feelers!
    There is a good reason he is one of the top prospects in baseball.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Trea Turner

Turner called up today ...but not in the lineup!

Dobber Sports Immortal

Leading off today but here is what Dusty Baker said on the topic ....cuz of course he would.

Nationals manager Dusty Baker indicated Friday that Clint Robinson will receive most of the playing time at first base while Ryan Zimmerman (rib cage) is out.

Advice: Which means Daniel Murphy will remain at second base and Trea Turner will come off the bench. It's not what fantasy owners want to hear but isn't altogether surprising. "This is not a tryout camp," the veteran-loving skipper said.

Dobber Sports Titan

He has some options. I still like him to take over in the OF though when they realize how good his bat is.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Immortal

Bregman or Turner? I've had Trea on my NA spot for a longggggggggg time but now he's up I don't want to drop anyone to bring him off NA, so thinking of swapping him with Bregman to save me some time.

Positions aside because even if Trea moves to CF, my lineup is below and I just want the best player.

2B: Diaz (SS)
    3B: K.Seager
    SS: Xander
    LF: Duvall/Zobrist (2B)
    CF: Betts (RF)
    RF: Springer (CF)
    Util: Ozuna (CF,RF)
    Bn: Morales (1B,RF)

Dobber Sports Titan

I like Bregman's bat a little more, but you need more help at 2B.
    Do you have Bregman on your roster, or are you dropping Turner to bring up Bregman in the NA spot?

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I like Bregman's bat a little more, but you need more help at 2B.
    Do you have Bregman on your roster, or are you dropping Turner to bring up Bregman in the NA spot?
    I would be dropping Turner from my NA spot to put Bregman in my NA spot. Right now Turner is in my NA spot but since he's no longer in the minors....I can't make any add drop moves that don't pertain to him.

Dobber Sports Titan

Makes sense. If you're leaving him in the NA spot, then I would make the swap for Bregman. If you want the 2B help, I would drop Morales.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Makes sense. If you're leaving him in the NA spot, then I would make the swap for Bregman. If you want the 2B help, I would drop Morales.
    I was thinking that but realistically between Diaz and Zobrist I think I can play the matchups......and then between Zobrist and Duvall Im good for LF.

Morales is the 7th ranked player in the past month...but ya that streak is probably done.

Dobber Sports Titan

Morales is hit or miss, and I value consistancy a lot. Great guy to stream when he's hot though.

Makes sense regarding 2B. Definitely grab Bregman then. Surprised he isn't already owned!

Dobber Sports Immortal

Turner has started the last 3 games at CF and is now 2 starts away from gaining eligibility in that position (in Yahoo at least). Maybe I can finally drop one of Upton or Puig....

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Turner has started the last 3 games at CF and is now 2 starts away from gaining eligibility in that position (in Yahoo at least). Maybe I can finally drop one of Upton or Puig....
    Better late than never!

Dobber Sports Immortal

I got my wish.

One more game for OF eligibility. Turner could be a difference maker down the stretch. Batting .318 with 4 triples and 8 for 8 in stolen base attempts.

Dobber Sports Titan

I got my wish.

One more game for OF eligibility. Turner could be a difference maker down the stretch. Batting .318 with 4 triples and 8 for 8 in stolen base attempts.
    I'm waiting for the OF eligibility too. The stolen bases have been a huge addition!

Dobber Sports Titan

Also another point, I guess you still have Turner, but wondering if you kept Bregman. Not much of the bat showing through yet with his 0.030 AVG, but watching the game tonight, his defence looks poised and solid. Definitely looks like he belongs and that he is here to stay. The bat will come around. Especially for someone of his talent.