Thread: Who is my keeper goalie? MAF, Murray, Elliot, Talbot

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Who is my keeper goalie? MAF, Murray, Elliot, Talbot

12 team keeper,

Teams can only keep 1 goalie. I ended the year with MAF, Murray, Elliot, Luongo, and Talbot. (Lou was on IR and Murray was a last week pickup)

Stats are W, L, GAA, SV%, SO

Trading someone is unlikely. Who should I keep?
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Who is my keeper goalie? MAF, Murray, Elliot, Talbot

I'll narrow it down to Pittsburgh and Talbot. Wait as long as you can on the decision, and I'm also wondering how close you are to contending this season?
    Fleury should be the obvious choice, Murray is the long term choice, and will likely be Pittsburgh's starter for 17-18 and beyond. Talbot is the wildcard that could jump in a lot of people's rankings this year.

I think I go with Fleury if you're contending, Murray if you likely won't win it this coming year.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Great One

would love to say Fleury here but I think there is an argument that it should be Elliott or Talbot due to volume of starts (though I'm not sure I am convinced Elliott can stay healthy enough to play more than Fleury)

As EB says leaving this decision to the very last minute makes the most sense as there is still some potential movement to come in the goalie market.

Dobber Sports Stud

Definitely wait. The Fleury/Murray situation blurs the line. Good goalie on the best team is often what you want, but with an uncertain situation like this, it gets agonizing.

If anything happens to solidify the Pens situation before the draft, you have a clear choice.

Until then.....I am advocating Talbot. Top 6 should be healthy this year, which means not losing half a year of McDavid, half a year of RNH and half a year of Klefbom and all season of Ference. Klefbom's injury forced the oilers to use Fayne, Davison, Nurse and a slew of AHL bottom pair guys far more than they should have.
    Sekera + Larsson + a healthy Klefbom and a Nurse with another year experience and Ference allows them to play Nurse bottom pairing or stay AHL and keep the bottom pairing guys where they belong.

Furthermore, while Lucic is not Hall, improving D was worth it, as they still have a healthy McDavid, RNH, Eberle, Draisaitl(c or RW) and Maroon did well after coming over.

Talbot had a 2.55GAA, 0.917sv% and 3 SO and started 53 games. With this improved healthy squad, he could shoot into the top 10-15 goalies
    #1 Yahoo Keep 5, 14 teams
    C, C, RW, LW, F, F, D, D, D, Uti, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FOW~W, L, GAA, Sv%, saves, SO

McDavid C
    , Kadri C, Zibanejad C, Mackinnon C, Boldy LW/RW, Backlund C, Duchene C/RW, Fantilli C, Batherson LW/RW, Forsberg LW, Zegras C IR, Mintyukov D, Dunn D, Seider D, Hellebucyk G, Kochetkov, Bobrovsky G