Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: The Crystal Ball on Lucic

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: The Crystal Ball on Lucic

I dont think you will find too many Oilers fans, or Oilers haters for that matter, that actually think the contract he signed was a good contract to take on, mainly due to the term.

That being said, the Oilers (and Oilers fans for that matter) would much rather have him playing for them than against him. Let's not forget, he was one of, if not the most desireable free agents from last summers FA group. He was getting a bad contract no matter where he went. He openly admitted the reason he came here was because of McDavid, and Oilers fans have no issue with that. At the end of the day, all that matters is putting up W's, and it's finally nice to see the Oilers doing that. Even if it means a crappy contract or two. It's not like the Oilers are the only team out there with a couple of them.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    To quote one of my daughters favorite singer/songwriters:

Cause the players gonna play, play, play, play, play
    And the haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate
    Baby, I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake, shake
    I shake it off, I shake it off

Heartbreakers gonna break, break, break, break, break
    And the fakers gonna fake, fake, fake, fake, fake
    Baby, I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake, shake
    I shake it off, I shake it off

Hopefully this song just got stuck in your head now.
    Nah... I've had this stuck in my head since the weekend (thinking it might deserve its own thread
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-jN3vH26NQ
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    I couldn't imagine looking at Lucic's play and contract and thinking it might disaster 3-4 years from now. It's a disaster now.
    He is overpaid yes, but it is far from a disaster, Lucic has been and will be more than a numbers guy, he brings more to that room and ice than can be measured in stats. He makes everyone on the team play bigger. He has had his slumps, as all players do, and his was a little longer than most liked this year, but he didnt quit and kept working. His attitude has rubbed off and been a major factor in getting this team to a playoff spot. When you have a team that hasn't made the playoffs in a record 10 years straight and the biggest bad ass UFA takes less/same money to come here, you pay him and worry about it later. Chia did what had to be done.
    16 GMs with 15 Keepers, Pts only, Top 9F,4D,1G count
    2020 & 2013 UFHL Champion

McDavid/Draisatl/Scheifele/Malkin/Marchand/
    Hall/Voracek/Nugent-Hopkins/Bergeron/Giroux

Hedman/Hamilton/Doughty/Ellis/Nurse

Grubauer

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    He is overpaid yes, but it is far from a disaster, Lucic has been and will be more than a numbers guy, he brings more to that room and ice than can be measured in stats. He makes everyone on the team play bigger. He has had his slumps, as all players do, and his was a little longer than most liked this year, but he didnt quit and kept working. His attitude has rubbed off and been a major factor in getting this team to a playoff spot. When you have a team that hasn't made the playoffs in a record 10 years straight and the biggest bad ass UFA takes less/same money to come here, you pay him and worry about it later. Chia did what had to be done.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Well atleast HE isn't Clarkson and nor is the contract as rediculous all things considered.

Dobber Sports Pro

I'm sure he's adding to the culture of that locker room being like "When I was in Boston, I rode the coattails of Bergeron and we WON, then I went to LA and clutched on to Kopitar and we WON, now look, I'm doing it with McDavid and we are WINNING. That's how you win boys, wait for the best of the best to drag you along." Life lessons, such a leader.
    1 of the worst arguments ever made here, Boston was the farthest thing from a 1 man team. In fact Lucic and Bergeron's career playoff #'s are nearly identical. same goes for LA. There's plenty of good points you can make to pick apart the Lucic contract, saying he had nothing to do with Boston's success is a terrible option to take.

said it in summer and ill say it again, I'd rather Lucic at 6mill, then Brouwer at 4.5
    At least Edm is getting something for there money.

I'd love to get into this more but my keyboard is falling apart...oh well, I know the next thread involving the Oilers will have there #1 fan rataylor in there so we can pick it up then.
    10 Team Roto Keeper League; 20 Keepers;
    Stats: G,A,Pts,ppg,ppa,pims,+/- ; W,sv%,svs
    C: Seguin, Panarin, Carter
    LW: Benn, Hall, Buchnevich, Coyle, Zucker
    RW: Kane, Simmonds, Stone, Nino, Gallagher
    D: Subban, Doughty, Byfuglien, Jones, Mcdonagh, Fowler
    G: Price, Holtby, Halak, Reimer

Quote Originally Posted by donions View Post
    1 of the worst arguments ever made here, Boston was the farthest thing from a 1 man team. In fact Lucic and Bergeron's career playoff #'s are nearly identical. same goes for LA. There's plenty of good points you can make to pick apart the Lucic contract, saying he had nothing to do with Boston's success is a terrible option to take.

said it in summer and ill say it again, I'd rather Lucic at 6mill, then Brouwer at 4.5
    At least Edm is getting something for there money.

I'd love to get into this more but my keyboard is falling apart...oh well, I know the next thread involving the Oilers will have there #1 fan rataylor in there so we can pick it up then.
    I'd argue they're contributing about the same. Lucic's leadership = Brouwers. Contract offset by 2 mil and 2 years. And most importantly, Calgary didn't trade their second bet player just to sign Brouwer.

Dobber Sports Deity

Meh, it isnt worth it.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Meh, it isnt worth it.
    Larsson + Lucic for Hall? Finally for once, we fully agree.

Dobber Sports Deity

Larsson + Lucic for Hall? Finally for once, we fully agree.
    Not what my post meant at all, so I am sorry to burst your bubble. I had a big ole post made up but deleted it because you weren't worth the effort. Now that's something I am sure many agree with.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

slap across the bow!

I still miss Hallsy... poor guy exiled to spend his remaining contract days in the bowls of the NHL.

Ryan Rishaug‏Verified account @TSNRyanRishaug 12h

Correction** Tough night for Talbot, but 2nd line was as big a culprit. 27 93 14 struggled to elevate in the moment, got exploited for GWG.
    #BigGamePlayer

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post

slap across the bow!

I still miss Hallsy... poor guy exiled to spend his remaining contract days in the bowls of the NHL.
    I feel bad for him as well. In many of his post-trade interviews you can tell how badly he just wanted to win in Edmonton. Unfortunate that he was the only piece valuable enough to bring in a defenseman like Larsson, who has been a rock on the blue line this year. And Lucic, even in a down year, has 1 less goal than Hall does this season. Tough to believe.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    I feel bad for him as well. In many of his post-trade interviews you can tell how badly he just wanted to win in Edmonton. Unfortunate that he was the only piece valuable enough to bring in a defenseman like Larsson, who has been a rock on the blue line this year. And Lucic, even in a down year, has 1 less goal than Hall does this season. Tough to believe.
    Sooo... buy low on Hall?
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Loch View Post
    Sooo... buy low on Hall?
    Maybe a bit, though he is on the same pace in terms of overall points (and even better than he was 2 years ago), as he was last year. Just more assists and less goals. Maybe a good discussion for another thread though