Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: The Crystal Ball on Lucic

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: The Crystal Ball on Lucic

Quote Originally Posted by Boogeypop View Post
    I don't want to pick a fight or anything but that is obtuse. To go that far to think that a good player can't become great in the right circumstances. It's a 10 point jump from last year to hit 65. Bouncing around the lines from Carter/Toffoli to Kopitar (roughly 64 pt pace with him and in a defensive system) didn't give him a full year with the best C on the team.

If you want a more recent example, you can look at Stamkos and St-Louis. Stamkos is a good (closer to great) player but was made great with the help of a linemate. He went from a 90+ to a 70 pt player after he left.

I obviously realize Lucic is no Stamkos but in the right conditions 11 pts to hit the over to 65 isn't crazy either. Lucic's grit might be the perfect compliment to a player like McDavid. He's hit over 60 twice in his career and raked in the PIMs and has been "calming" over the years so he's on the ice more often. The one thing that may make it so that he doesn't hit it is because he's not going to play against EDM (5 pts in 5 games).

Of course this all depends on whether he even plays and gels with McDavid. I'm not saying he will hit the over but I wouldn't stake everything I owned on it.
    I am really not being "obtuse"... Yes Lucic played on a "defensive" team, and yes the Oilers are an "offensive" team, but the Oilers did score 30 goals less than the Kings did last year. That means he is moving to a less productive team. 55 points to 65 points is a 16 percent increase. And you are going to use Stamkos/St. Louis as your example? Stamkos is one of the best pure goal scorers in the league, with one of the best one-timers. St. Louis is an amazing set up man; the best set up man that Tampa has ever had. It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to realize that that has the potential to be a deadly combination. Lucic and McDavid aren't the same type of combination.

Axe, believe me when I say that I am not trying to bash the Oilers. I am from Edmonton and I am a huge fan. I am just trying to be realistic here. Lucic improves the team, but I don't see him having this type of increase.

I guess we can argue about this all until we are blue in the face. The fact is, that we won't truly know until we see this in action. Despite the fact that a lot of people are suggesting that my argument is wrong, I have yet to see one person here step up and say that they would put money on the "over"... I promise you, the Vegas over/under on Lucic this year will be less than 65.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    I am really not being "obtuse"... Yes Lucic played on a "defensive" team, and yes the Oilers are an "offensive" team, but the Oilers did score 30 goals less than the Kings did last year. That means he is moving to a less productive team. 55 points to 65 points is a 16 percent increase. And you are going to use Stamkos/St. Louis as your example? Stamkos is one of the best pure goal scorers in the league, with one of the best one-timers. St. Louis is an amazing set up man; the best set up man that Tampa has ever had. It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to realize that that has the potential to be a deadly combination. Lucic and McDavid aren't the same type of combination.

Axe, believe me when I say that I am not trying to bash the Oilers. I am from Edmonton and I am a huge fan. I am just trying to be realistic here. Lucic improves the team, but I don't see him having this type of increase.

I guess we can argue about this all until we are blue in the face. The fact is, that we won't truly know until we see this in action. Despite the fact that a lot of people are suggesting that my argument is wrong, I have yet to see one person here step up and say that they would put money on the "over"... I promise you, the Vegas over/under on Lucic this year will be less than 65.

Rylant

Exactly.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

24 goals less....

im calling it at 65... $50 to a charity of the others choosing?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

iuonno lucic wont take the puck out of his zone, so no secondary assist, he wont keep up with mcdav8d speed, so not many 2v1 opportunity, he wont setup mcdavid either so i dont expect 40+a
    he wont touch the puck on the powerplay but will get some goals on rebound and crash the net type of play, if he plays with mcdavid he will have to play vs the best D unit 24/7 vs splitting time with 2 lines team ( la and boston)
    all in all i think lucic in edm is a real life upgrade but not a game breaker in fantasy reality
    i would bet under 65pts but not by much ( 60 would be my over under)
    he eill still b a beast in multicat but look for +- to suck ass compared the usual +30
    league info G(2) A(1) -+(1)PIM (.25) PP/SH bonus G (2) A (1.5)
    Goalie S (0.15) GA(-1) W (2) SO (3)
    15 starter ( 11f 3D 1G) // 5 bench 4F 1D
    Keep 5
    and Keep rookies that are on bench and under 100Gp
    F: Giroux , Stamkos,Benn,Seguin,Gaudreau,Voracek,Kopitar,Ranta nen,Kuznetsov,Zucker,Landeskog
    D: Gostisbehere,Krug,Letang,Montour
    Bench: Patrick,Kaprisov,Mittelstad,Tuch

Dobber Sports Deity

Good read from Lowtide on Lucic signing.

http://oilersnation.com/2016/7/3/mil...edmonton-oiler
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I don't see Lucic putting up a Cheechoo like season, but it's not a long shot to say he has a chance to beat his season high total in points this season.. 65 or more would be a super season for Lucic and all the stars would probably have to align for it to come to fruition.. But anything could happen I guess..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Star

What kind of a last 10 games does Lucic have in him???

Rylant

Dobber Sports Sage

24 points in 11 games. I'm taking the under and will bet everything Rylant did in July...
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Wish I would have seen this thread in the summer lol.

Administrator

Why must we revive old threads?

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Glory

Dobber Sports Veteran

There was some sort of agreement to review the opinions so it's legit in this case.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    You don't think we should look at old threads in which predictions are made? That's part of the fun, no?

Rylant

Dobber Sports Jedi

42 points with 10 games to go... what charity are you choosing Sulla?
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

The Great One

Happy to go with the concensus ��

I gotta get a couple wrong each year lol
    Experience is the teacher of all things.