Thread: Bishop and Fleury

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Bishop and Fleury

Those two guys can't stay with their respective teams!!! They're my two starters next year! Please allow only one to play as a #1 elsewhere! Where could that be???? Phi, NYI, Dal??????

Please....

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Bishop and Fleury

Dallas is a definite possibility. I don't think the Islanders are likely, and as a Flyers fan, I don't want Fleury, but would take Bishop.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

The Great One

Bishop and Fleury will both be starters still... Maybe only 50 games as opposed to 60 as they transition the younger guys even if they aren't moved

Dobber Sports Titan

Carolina and Buffalo also look a little weak in net, and Lehner is one of the biggest BAB. There are options around the league, but there is also patience.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

If I was Dallas, I would go hard after Bishop or Fleury.. I actually feel the same about Buffalo, go grab a goalie and see what can happen!!

Dallas doesn't seem willing to buy a goalie out though and I feel like Buffalo wants to give Lehner a shot this season to turn things around..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

The Great One

agree with you on Dallas and Buffalo - gotta think it is due to cost of acquiring these guys rather than them not wanting them though

Dobber Sports Master

I can't see Bishop staying in TB with Vasilevsky's extension,,and think he will go to the team that had him before, the Ottawa Senators. (Let's see where that conversation starter takes us). Bishop does have a NMC, but is UFA at season's end. Either way the Vas contract is the writing on the wall for Bishop; very much like Freddie Andersen when Gibson signed in Anaheim.

MAF is harder to move because he has a modified NTC on a longer contract where he has some control over where he gets traded. Can't see him wanting to go to Philly, the Penguins hated rivals, but that too would make for one hell of a storyline.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

The Great One

Now that's left field... guess you mean with Anderson going the other way?

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by The Bottlenecker View Post
    I can't see Bishop staying in TB with Vasilevsky's extension,,and think he will go to the team that had him before, the Ottawa Senators. (Let's see where that conversation starter takes us). Bishop does have a NMC, but is UFA at season's end. Either way the Vas contract is the writing on the wall for Bishop; very much like Freddie Andersen when Gibson signed in Anaheim.

MAF is harder to move because he has a modified NTC on a longer contract where he has some control over where he gets traded. Can't see him wanting to go to Philly, the Penguins hated rivals, but that too would make for one hell of a storyline.
    I can't see this bit happening, but only because Ottawa never likes spending money. They have both their goalies locked up for two more seasons, and with Bishop likely looking for a bit more cash after this season, it just doesn't fit their MO. I think Dallas and Buffalo are the likeliest scenarios. At this point though, with Pittsburgh and Tampa both still very much in contention to make deep playoff runs again, I'm not convinced either one moves this summer. Maybe at the deadline if the young guns have proven they can handle the workload, but right now Bishop and Fleury are the only goalies on their teams who have proven they can handle 55+ starts.
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso

Dobber Sports Prodigy

As the guy who owns Murray and Vas as my #2 and #3 goalies in my 12-man 10 keepers each league (see signature), I obviously have great interest in the Tampa and Pittsburgh goalie situations.

I personally don’t understand Tampa or Pittsburgh if they don’t trade Bishop and Fleury before the start of training camp because their two youngsters have proven that they are ready to step up and you can always use Bishop/Fleury to go grab another Forward/D-man asset. If you’re unsure about Murray and Vas’ season long stamina, go grab a solid #2 goalie instead of having an overloaded crease like they do now.

Bottom line, FREE MURRAY & VAS!
    12-team Yahoo H2H Keeper League (10 keepers)
    Cats: G, A, P, +/-, PPP, SOG, HITS, SHOTS BLOCKED, W, GAA, Saves, Save%

Original draft was 2015
    Year #1 = Tanked hard (finished last)
    Year #2 = Playoff League Champion
    Year #3 = Lost in Playoffs but traded Murray for 2nd best odds at #1. (Will draft Dahlin).

10 Keepers
    Keepers: C.McDavid (C), J.Eichel (C), A.Matthews (C), P.Laine (LW-RW), J.Gaudreau (LW), N.Ehlers (LW-RW), C.Keller (LW), T.Rask (G), A.Vasilevskiy (G) + ??? (Keeper #10)
    Potential Keepers : J.Saros, T.Demko, M.Sergachev, M.Duchene, J.Puljujarvi.
    Other Players: Not worth mentioning...

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by spacecowboy View Post

I personally don’t understand Tampa or Pittsburgh if they don’t trade Bishop and Fleury before the start of training camp
    They will not be moved unless they bring a very good return. With them on the team it's more likely to win the cup and that is what counts at the moment. If you can win now, care about next year later.

The Great One

that and allowing Vas and Murray to play 30 games you kind of get the best of both worlds.. as I mentioned to begin the Summer I'm not sure I see either of them moving before the season starts (cue 23 minutes of trade madness!)
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Pro

Murray has proven more than Vas simply cuz he won a Stanley Cup. But neither has proven that they can be the #1 for a full season. Believe me, as a Bishop and Vasi owner I would love to see them each have their own net to tend. But I seriously doubt TB lets go of Bishop this year UNLESS they are way down in standings by trade deadline (unlikely) or Bishop is hurt by trade deadline (possible). In any other situation Bishop is more valuable to Tampa Bay's cup run than ANY other asset they could get for him. At this point I see him ending 2016-17 on the TB roster and then in a different uniform in 2017-18.