Thread: Please rank these backups

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Please rank these backups

See signature for league. With the latest free agent signings and fallout, rank these goalies and who I should have as a backup to Holtby in my league. Also, one or two of them? Thanks!

Kinkaid
    Hutton
    Zatkoff
    McElhinney
    Khudobin
    Montoya
    Dell
    Column writer at @GoaliePost

https://goaliepost.com/

An avid Chicago sports fan. Craft beer connoisseur. Fantasy sports addict.

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: Please rank these backups

Hutton
    Montoya
    Kinkaid
    Khudobin
    Zatkoff
    McElhinney
    Dell

Hutton would be my main target as I see him getting the most playing time out of the bunch (not a timeshare though). Would probably just stick with the one. Though I would drop Kempny for Montoya if there are no better player options available.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Goldendelicious View Post
    Hutton
    Montoya
    Kinkaid
    Khudobin
    Zatkoff
    McElhinney
    Dell

Hutton would be my main target as I see him getting the most playing time out of the bunch (not a timeshare though). Would probably just stick with the one. Though I would drop Kempny for Montoya if there are no better player options available.
    I would flip Montoya and Hutton. I think Montoya is the better goalie, and both of the starters in front of them have injury questions marks.
    Otherwise I like your list GoldenD.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Goldendelicious View Post
    Hutton
    Montoya
    Kinkaid
    Khudobin
    Zatkoff
    McElhinney
    Dell

That's kind of what I was thinking as well for the rankings. I really like Hutton in that spot for St. Louis, since Allen has never proven he can handle a large NHL workload over a full season. I would only take one goalie over this group, that being Hutton.
    Follow me on Twitter @Ian_Gooding

Dobber Sports Ace

Hutton
    McElhinney
    Montoya
    Kinkaid
    Zatkoff
    Khudobin
    Dell

I think it mostly has to do with opportunity when it comes to backups. Hutton and McElhinney stand the best chance of actually seeing time as injury replacements. McElhinney has to fight off the minor leaguers more though (both of them, really at this point). If I were you I'd actually be looking at grabbing Marek Mazenek to go along with Juusse Saros, especially if its a full keeper (or he's already taken). Almost like a double handcuff for when Rinne gets hurt.
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Thanks for all the advice! I own Montoya already(per signature), was just wondering if I needed to grab another goalie or drop Montoya, etc. I am thinking of keeping Montoya only. Also thinking about grabbing Hutton and having all three active(Holtby/Montoya/Hutton), even though it is a one goalie start per day league. I also like the Mazanec angle. Ultimately, i think I am just going to have Holtby and and a backup. Now, to decide which one.
    Column writer at @GoaliePost

https://goaliepost.com/

An avid Chicago sports fan. Craft beer connoisseur. Fantasy sports addict.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by scdakotart2000 View Post
    See signature for league. With the latest free agent signings and fallout, rank these goalies and who I should have as a backup to Holtby in my league. Also, one or two of them? Thanks!

Kinkaid
    Hutton
    Zatkoff
    McElhinney
    Khudobin
    Montoya
    Dell
    Pretty sure Korpisalo supplanted him and nearly supplanted Bobrovsky if not for that huge 7.5 million dollar contract.
    #1 Yahoo Keep 5, 14 teams
    C, C, RW, LW, F, F, D, D, D, Uti, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FOW~W, L, GAA, Sv%, saves, SO

McDavid C
    , Kadri C, Zibanejad C, Mackinnon C, Boldy LW/RW, Backlund C, Duchene C/RW, Fantilli C, Batherson LW/RW, Forsberg LW, Zegras C IR, Mintyukov D, Dunn D, Seider D, Hellebucyk G, Kochetkov, Bobrovsky G

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by J0e Th0rnton View Post
    Pretty sure Korpisalo supplanted him and nearly supplanted Bobrovsky if not for that huge 7.5 million dollar contract.
    And then Forsberg usurped Korisalo for the Calder cup win. So I have very little faith in McElhinney holding any value.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    And then Forsberg usurped Korisalo for the Calder cup win. So I have very little faith in McElhinney holding any value.
    Yep. The jackets were such a mess last year, but Korpisalo played 31 games due to Bob's injury and went 16-11-2 and had a save% of 0.92 and GAA of 2.61 in that mess.

McElhinney was 2-7-2 with a GAA of 3.31 and sv% of 0.89
    Forsberg was 1-3 and somewhere in between. While he was a savior in the calder cup on a hot streak, Korpisalo had a longer run in the NHL and did well.

I'd lean Korpisalo's way in terms of trust.
    #1 Yahoo Keep 5, 14 teams
    C, C, RW, LW, F, F, D, D, D, Uti, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FOW~W, L, GAA, Sv%, saves, SO

McDavid C
    , Kadri C, Zibanejad C, Mackinnon C, Boldy LW/RW, Backlund C, Duchene C/RW, Fantilli C, Batherson LW/RW, Forsberg LW, Zegras C IR, Mintyukov D, Dunn D, Seider D, Hellebucyk G, Kochetkov, Bobrovsky G