Thread: Hall at 6m for Stamkos at 8.5

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Hall at 6m for Stamkos at 8.5

Someone in my league offered me this blockbuster.

It's a capped league and I'm wondering if Stamkos is the obvious choice even if he's 2.5m more than Hall.

I see them both as a 70 pts player going forward. I'd pick Stammer easily if they were both at 6m but hey. Here I am again, need some advices

Dobber Sports All-Star

Default Re: Hall at 6m for Stamkos at 8.5

I prefer stammer because of NJ factor
    14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty -daily starts
    H2H, Salary Cap 95mil, Player actual salaries (all)
    +/-,G,A,GWG,PTS,STP,PIM,SOG,HT,BS,GAA,SO,SV,W
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Defense: Butcher, K.Russell, Pelech, Girard, Klingberg, Larsson
    Goalie: Rask, Hellebuyck
    Reserves: D.Strome, Jo.Benn, Polak, C.Crawford , M.Jones, A.Dell, Koskinen
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry
    Fantrax TAHL 2013 & 2018 Champion

Dobber Sports Initiate

I would go with Stammer. You know what you're gonna get out of him in Tampa, where as Hall going to a new team leaves a few question marks to say the least.
    24 Team H2H Pts Cap Dyn
    4C 4LW 4RW 6D 1G 4B 27M

G (1) A (1) +/- (.25) PIM (.05) SOG (.05) PPP (.5) HIT (.05) BLK (.05) FOW (.01)
    W (1.75) GA (-1) SV (.1) SO (3)

C: Seguin, Kuznetsov, Trocheck, Johansen, Kostin
    LW: Benn, Lindblom, Dickinson, Kubalik
    RW: Tuch, Fabbri, Bjorkstrand, Terry
    D: Klingberg, Chabot, Girard, Spurgeon, C Miller, Theodore, Marino
    G: Hellebuyck, Berdin

C: Elvenes, Vorobyev, Spacek, Jones, Eyssimont, Daviddson, Shvyrev
    LW: Dorofyev, Koivula, Shalagin, Dugan, Cates, Ranta
    RW: Volkov, Fortier, Evans, Blichfeld, Legare, Tieksola
    D: Laaksonen, Gilbert, Pilut
    G: Samsonov, Sorokin, Knight, Zagidulin

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I vote Stamkos on that. Depending on how the rest of your cap works out anyway, the potential is there for Stamkos to clear 90 in TB where I don't think that exists for Hall in NJ. Stamkos leaving at least a few mil on the table can allow TB to retain Drouin and hopefully all their RFAs in the next few years which would give him a far stronger supporting cast.

The only concern I'd have re: Stamkos is his health and the blood clots. I don't know the latest on this, but if there's a danger that he could have to retire in the next couple years due to it, looking to see what you can get as a return could be a good idea.

Maybe that return is Hall but maybe there's a Seguin opportunity out there too.
    12 Team H2H Multi-Cat Keeper League - (G, A, PIM, PPP, FW, HIT, BLK, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SO) - 15 keepers, 25 man rosters
    C: Kopitar, Bergeron, Stepan
    W: Benn, Kucherov, Voracek, JVR, Eberle, Steen, Hornqvist, Hoffman
    C/W:
    Def:
    Letang, Klingberg
    Goal: Lundqvist, Crawford
    2011-12 Champion and rubbish since

Dobber Sports Titan

They both have health concerns, then both should be 70-75 point players, and one saves you 2.5mil.
    I would take Hall even if they were closer in salary, say Hall got paid 7.5mil.

I know the NJ factor is going to scare a few people off, and I think that's what the other owner is banking on right now.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    They both have health concerns, then both should be 70-75 point players, and one saves you 2.5mil.

I know the NJ factor is going to scare a few people off, and I think that's what the other owner is banking on right now.
    Thats pretty much what I was thinking. That being said, Im confident that Hall will be a dominant player on NJ, he's the kind of player that doesnt need top end linesmate to put up points.

I'm also wondering if theres a slim chance Stamkos bounce back to a 90pts player with Marty St-Louis 2.0 in J. Drouin

Tough one

Dobber Sports Expert

Stamkos broke his tibia in an accident that could have happened to anyone and then he had the blood cloth, wich should not come back after they removed one rip. Besides that Stamkos has always been very durable and i don't see any reason why he shouldn't return being a 82 game player.

Hall on the other side had several injuries already, including knee and shoulder problems and a concussion.

So health wise i see a big difference between both.

They will be very close when it comes to points per game, but i would still take Stamkos, just because i think he will play more games.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis4022 View Post
    Stamkos broke his tibia in an accident that could have happened to anyone and then he had the blood cloth, wich should not come back after they removed one rip. Besides that Stamkos has always been very durable and i don't see any reason why he shouldn't return being a 82 game player.

Hall on the other side had several injuries already, including knee and shoulder problems and a concussion.

So health wise i see a big difference between both.

They will be very close when it comes to points per game, but i would still take Stamkos, just because i think he will play more games.
    Completely fair, but we do disagree here. I don't think Stammer was the same after he broke his tibia, and as for the blood clots, I am still a little wary of those. Have seen some family friends go through it too (including one Ironman racer - so it's not like they aren't athletes too).

If we're ever in a league together, I'll trade you my Stamkos for your Hall. Deal?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Expert

Completely fair, but we do disagree here. I don't think Stammer was the same after he broke his tibia, and as for the blood clots, I am still a little wary of those. Have seen some family friends go through it too (including one Ironman racer - so it's not like they aren't athletes too).

If we're ever in a league together, I'll trade you my Stamkos for your Hall. Deal?
    Ok no problem with, we wouldn't have this place if we all you agreed on everything.

I just want to add, that there are a lot of different kind of blood clots and the one Stamkos had is definitely one of the less dangerous once. Not compareable to what ended Dupuis career for example

Dobber Sports Ace

If you have the cap space, Stammer, if saving the 2.5 gives you a chance to make another upgrade, Hall. It really depends on your team and situation. Their floors are the same, but I agree that the ceiling is higher for Stamkos. New Jersey will have more talent coming up soon, but Tampa has it there now. So, like I said, if the cap difference isn't an issue, go for the upside, if having the extra cap helps elsewhere, play it safe.
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso