Thread: Tarasenko for Klingberg

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Tarasenko for Klingberg

As the meat of a trade, would you move Vlady for Klingberg?

In a vacuum, I think Klingberg needs a real plus to make this happen and I'm currently negotiating that. However, with my forward core as is, I can afford to move out my #4/5 forward in Tarasenko to bring in a young, elite producing defender on a high octane team. Conversely, my trade partner has Kling and OEL on the backend and not much else, so he's resistant to moving him and would like it be a no-brainer.

Right now the plus is Pasternak, while I'm trying to make it Drouin.

Let's say that it stays at Pasta, do you make that deal?

We start eight forwards and four defenders each week, so filling up that last D slot with a keeper is far more appealing than hoping to get a decent veteran drop or waiting on a youngster like Provorov or Werenski to start filling the scoresheet which would be acquired through the draft.

Thoughts?

Rep. Rep.
    Staff Writer for DobberHockey
    Associate Editor/Senior Writer and Scout for DobberProspects - Vancouver Canucks

Keep on, keepin' on.

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Tarasenko for Klingberg

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Joe Davola View Post
    As the meat of a trade, would you move Vlady for Klingberg?

In a vacuum, I think Klingberg needs a real plus to make this happen and I'm currently negotiating that. However, with my forward core as is, I can afford to move out my #4/5 forward in Tarasenko to bring in a young, elite producing defender on a high octane team. Conversely, my trade partner has Kling and OEL on the backend and not much else, so he's resistant to moving him and would like it be a no-brainer.

Right now the plus is Pasternak, while I'm trying to make it Drouin.

Let's say that it stays at Pasta, do you make that deal?

We start eight forwards and four defenders each week, so filling up that last D slot with a keeper is far more appealing than hoping to get a decent veteran drop or waiting on a youngster like Provorov or Werenski to start filling the scoresheet which would be acquired through the draft.

Thoughts?

Rep. Rep.
    I think if this was late September, and you could get the Drouin extra, I do it.
    It being late June (or even call it early July if you wish), you don't have a rush to make this deal. Tank should net you a big package, the rest of your forwards aside. Klingberg is a great piece to target, but I value him less than Tank. What I'm trying to say is tank your time, leave no stone unturned, and ensure that when you make a deal, make it one you are happy with.

I do also agree that you are best off getting a D keeper to fill out the last roster spot for one of your forwards, than having to reach in the draft or wait on a youngster.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I think if this was late September, and you could get the Drouin extra, I do it.
    It being late June (or even call it early July if you wish), you don't have a rush to make this deal. Tank should net you a big package, the rest of your forwards aside. Klingberg is a great piece to target, but I value him less than Tank. What I'm trying to say is tank your time, leave no stone unturned, and ensure that when you make a deal, make it one you are happy with.

I do also agree that you are best off getting a D keeper to fill out the last roster spot for one of your forwards, than having to reach in the draft or wait on a youngster.
    Yeah you're probably right that there is no need for me to rush into anything. I do love to fill any holes I have immediately as there is no offseason as far as I'm concerned.

My gut tells me that Klingberg needs that juicer coming with him as well, so I won't be rushing to send him away in what amounts to basically a 1for1.

I'm also exploring moving a guy like Kopitar or Kessel out for a slightly less quality guy ala Barrie/Shattenkirk/Carlson

Or even going really cheap and grabbing a guy like Dumba for a mid-round pick.

I've been eyeing Klingberg for a long while now so it's tempting to move on the best available player though..
    Associate Editor/Senior Writer and Scout for DobberProspects - Vancouver Canucks

Keep on, keepin' on.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Personally in what looks like almost exclusively a pts league I'd rather Drouin in TB than Pasta in BOS, especially with Stamkos staying. If you're giving up a legit 40 goal man for Klingberg, Drouin is the least he could add. You could try a pivot if he's not into that and try Kessel for Klingberg straight up. But in any league, especially a pts-centric league, I'd be going all out to acquire Tarasenko.
    12 Team H2H Multi-Cat Keeper League - (G, A, PIM, PPP, FW, HIT, BLK, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SO) - 15 keepers, 25 man rosters
    C: Kopitar, Bergeron, Stepan
    W: Benn, Kucherov, Voracek, JVR, Eberle, Steen, Hornqvist, Hoffman
    C/W:
    Def:
    Letang, Klingberg
    Goal: Lundqvist, Crawford
    2011-12 Champion and rubbish since

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by SelkeSmooth View Post
    Personally in what looks like almost exclusively a pts league I'd rather Drouin in TB than Pasta in BOS, especially with Stamkos staying. If you're giving up a legit 40 goal man for Klingberg, Drouin is the least he could add. You could try a pivot if he's not into that and try Kessel for Klingberg straight up. But in any league, especially a pts-centric league, I'd be going all out to acquire Tarasenko.
    Oh yeah.. I definitely prefer Drouin over Pasta and feel like that would be a nice exchange for the both of us. His lack of D is what is holding him back as he'd love to do a straight one for one deal with Klingberg but knows that's not going to happen.

I figured Klingberg is the best defenseman to target as EK and PK are completely off the market and Burns is getting a little long in the tooth for the cost that it would take to acquire him. I'm not too fussed about paying up for Klinger, but it can't be toooooo much even if I can absorb the loss of Tarasenko.

Keep on, keepin' on.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by SelkeSmooth View Post
    I was thinking the same, looking into dealing Kessel/Kopi instead for Kling. I almost think I would rather Tank and Carlson over Kessel/Kopi and Kling (I swear I don't have anything against the letter K - then again, I guess that is the KKK combo). Anyways, lots of options to consider.

How off the market is Subban really?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Stud

I was thinking the same, looking into dealing Kessel/Kopi instead for Kling. I almost think I would rather Tank and Carlson over Kessel/Kopi and Kling (I swear I don't have anything against the letter K - then again, I guess that is the KKK combo). Anyways, lots of options to consider.

How off the market is Subban really?
    I dangled Kessel or Kopitar for Klingberg first and he wasn't too interested. He's built a very similarly-aged core and those fellas fall a little too far on the age barometer. Gave a good sell job but its Tarasenko he wants - almost exclusively.

As for PK, I just traded Karlsson to that guy for McDavid and he was half mast at the idea of a PK/EK combo. I was little half cut at staff party yesterday and threw him a straight up offer of Tank for PK and he rejected quickly. I'm not even made that he did..

I'd be fine with moving Kessel or Kopitar for one of those second tier guys - Carlson/Shatt/Barrie but the GM's are a little more cautious and it seems guys even approaching 30 years old have a stank on them that scares others away. I've been taking advantage of that for years and reaping productive seasons from 28-32 year olds but now I've got a few of them and can't really get good value in trades with them involved.

Sami Vatanen is another option to acquire, but I don't really have a comparably-valued player to swap..

Keep on, keepin' on.

Dobber Sports Stud

eskimo u gonna change your picture again to Subban when he puts that pred jersey on?
    10 Team Keeper (5)
    Head-to-Head
    G, A, SOG, PPP, FW, HIT, BLK
    3 C, 2 LW, 2 RW, 4 D, 1 UTIL, 2 GOALIE

C: Barzal, Mcdavid, J. Staal, Mackinnon, Matthews,

LW: Guentzal, Lee, J.T Miller, Rakell

RW: Point, Nylander, Perron, Marner, Laine

D: Carlson, Hedman, Petry, Byfuglien, McAvoy

G: M. Jones, Price

Dobber Sports Titan

I dangled Kessel or Kopitar for Klingberg first and he wasn't too interested. He's built a very similarly-aged core and those fellas fall a little too far on the age barometer. Gave a good sell job but its Tarasenko he wants - almost exclusively.

As for PK, I just traded Karlsson to that guy for McDavid and he was half mast at the idea of a PK/EK combo. I was little half cut at staff party yesterday and threw him a straight up offer of Tank for PK and he rejected quickly. I'm not even made that he did..

I'd be fine with moving Kessel or Kopitar for one of those second tier guys - Carlson/Shatt/Barrie but the GM's are a little more cautious and it seems guys even approaching 30 years old have a stank on them that scares others away. I've been taking advantage of that for years and reaping productive seasons from 28-32 year olds but now I've got a few of them and can't really get good value in trades with them involved.

Sami Vatanen is another option to acquire, but I don't really have a comparably-valued player to swap..
    Sounds like you have your work cut out for you if you want to get a real upgrade then. Worst case scenario, you enter the season with the team you have now. And that is not a bad thing whatsoever!
    Again with my bias, but would Josi be available? He's in that same Shatty/Carlson core, if not even a tiny step ahead.

Dobber Sports Stud

Sounds like you have your work cut out for you if you want to get a real upgrade then. Worst case scenario, you enter the season with the team you have now. And that is not a bad thing whatsoever!
    Again with my bias, but would Josi be available? He's in that same Shatty/Carlson core, if not even a tiny step ahead.
    I would love Josi! His owner is the current league champ and my biggest competitor. I haven't even inquired about him because I know how much he values him and how little he wants to help me.

It would cost me Tarasenko I assume with Josi and maybe a secondary piece returning. Worth it.. I'm not so sure.

Keep on, keepin' on.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Triplea14 View Post
    eskimo u gonna change your picture again to Subban when he puts that pred jersey on?
    Nah, I'm sticking with Josi for now. Maybe in another few months… we'll see

- - - Updated - - -

I would love Josi! His owner is the current league champ and my biggest competitor. I haven't even inquired about him because I know how much he values him and how little he wants to help me.

It would cost me Tarasenko I assume with Josi and maybe a secondary piece returning. Worth it.. I'm not so sure.
    Understandable. Just trying to think a little outside the box in terms of some other names.

Dobber Sports Stud

Nah, I'm sticking with Josi for now. Maybe in another few months… we'll see

- - - Updated - - -

Understandable. Just trying to think a little outside the box in terms of some other names.
    No no, I like it. I just tossed him a Kopitar + pick for Josi and he's intrigued.. I like it.

Keep on, keepin' on.