Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 14

Thread: [Trade] P.K. Subban for Shea Weber

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: [Trade] P.K. Subban for Shea Weber

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    . Bergy needs to go though, agreed, but who is francophone that can replace him?
    Julien Brisebois.

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    The problem with Bergevin is that he spent his first four years in Montreal doing nothing. He didn't have any great drafts, didn't make big moves to improve the team in the long-term, didn't sign any big free agents, etc. His first four years were making trades such as Briere for Parenteau.

After last season, the Habs core players were Subban, Plekanec, Markov, Gallagher, Pacioretty, Galchenyuk, Price, Desharnais and Eller. Bergevin brought in just one of those guys, and that was Galchenyuk. He had four years and didn't put his stamp on the team at all.

Last year, I think he realized that he needed to make some big moves. If he spent another year doing nothing and the team still sucked, he would be out of a job. That's why he traded for Weber, signed Radulov, traded for Shaw, etc. He couldn't go through another year of not doing anything.

With Subban specifically, Bergevin backed his coach over the player. And he had to trade Subban before July 1 when Subban's no-trade clause kicked in. That's why Subban was dealt when he was.

Instead of slowly rebuilding this team the way he wanted to, Bergevin tried to do it all at once. And it backfired.

As for a rebuild, if the Habs' brass believe the squad needs a rebuild in a year or two, they need to hold on Sergachev. You can't trade him for someone like Duchene (who can walk in a couple of years) and then do a rebuild.
    This is spot on. Bergevin took a team that already had a franchise goaltender, a #1D(franchise if you ask me), a top5 LW in the NHL, at the time one of the best two-way center(Plekanec) , and a 3rd overall pick. If you look at the Habs roster right now, I'd say they are on-par with what Bergevin has started with. Still no #1C thanks to Therrien messing with Galchenyuk. No #1D(Sorry, Weber isn't what he used to be).

As for the rebuild, if Bergevin can't sign Radulov or replace him(and unless he signs Oshie, I don't see how he's gonna replace Radulov), it's rebuild time in Montreal. And this means, trade everyone over 25. Yes, this means Price. Yes, this means Weber. Yes, this means Paccioretty.

Trading Weber and Price should actually be a priority if they can't improve their weakness upfront before training camp. Price will be UFA next summer. He's going to be 31 when he hits UFA. I'd be shocked if he's signing for anything under 8.5M. 8.5M for a goaltender is a loooooooot of money, especially one going on his 30's with his injury histoiry(groin and knee several times). Let's be honest, Price would give in return the Habs a lot of valuable assets to rebuild properly. You can't tank with a healthy Price, he's gonna get you in the playoffs by himself.
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: [Trade] P.K. Subban for Shea Weber

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post

He threw it all in... Poor Roman Turek....
    And because of this Handball is no longer played in Canadian high schools.