Thread: Quick trade advice needed (Greiss+Nyquist for Okposo) REP for quick answers

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Quick trade advice needed (Greiss+Nyquist for Okposo) REP for quick answers

Hey all, I've been looking at making a move before submitting my roster (needed to cut 2 players from team in sig.)

Right now I have a deal in place that would allow me to avoid trimming my roster, hence losing 2 players for nothing (FWIW my 2 cuts were probably E. Staal and EJ).

The trade on the table is:

My Greiss, Nyquist and E.Staal
    vs
    his Okposo and a 3rd round minor leaguer pick (35th overall approx.)

I think I can swing just Staal for the 3rd so it breaks down the trade if needed.

I know the return is slightly smaller than what I am giving up but I feel I am getting the best player in the deal in Okposo and I am freeing up space for my prospects to come in and play (Hellebuyck, Pickard, Schmaltz, Pulock...).

Am I giving up too much and should just stick to what I have? Is Greiss a potential starter for the Isles in which case his value goes up significantly? Is Nyquist bound to bounce back or is this what there is to expect (50-55pts)? Okposo is not getting younger, is his prime past and can him moving out of Brooklyn hurt his value??

Any quick feedback is much appreciated as I need to follow up rapidly with the other manager.
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Quick trade advice needed (Greiss+Nyquist for Okposo) REP for quick answers

I think it's a fair price knowing that you have to trim the roster anyways. It's not blowing anybody out of the water, but Okposo will be solid, and if he signs somewhere good, maybe you can ride the hype train to another, better deal.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Re: Quick trade advice needed (Greiss+Nyquist for Okposo) REP for quick answers

If you have to cut 2 guys anyways might as well Okposo is a huge upgrade on both Nyquist and Staal, you would probably be cutting thos kind of guys anyways so the deal would essentially be Greiss for OKposo....Greiss I am up in the air about to many unknowns in the situation he is in right now you should be ok with Price, Varly and Heller moving forward though.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

The price isn't bad, but the problem is that you are borrowing from your LW depth, which is arguably your worst position, and adding to RW, which is your deepest position. As long as you can find an LW to replace Nyquist I think it makes sense if you'd otherwise be losing assets for nothing.
    16 team league, keep 12 plus *4 1st/2nd year players (16 total)
    Points Only (w/ NHL salaries), start 8F/4D/1G
    Note: Defencemen receive 1 point per 45 mins of ice time (1-2 points per week, ~30-35 pts per season).

Forwards:
    L. Couture, F. Forsberg, T. Teravainen, O. Palat, C. Kreider, K. Hayes, *J. Guentzel, R. Rakell, *K. Labanc, B. Point, *C. Fischer
    Defense:
    *S. Theodore, S. Gostisbehere, *M. Matheson, J. Trouba
    Goalie:
    M. Murray

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by Spleentastic View Post
    The price isn't bad, but the problem is that you are borrowing from your LW depth, which is arguably your worst position, and adding to RW, which is your deepest position. As long as you can find an LW to replace Nyquist I think it makes sense if you'd otherwise be losing assets for nothing.
    I believe in most leagues that require LW/RW eligibilty that Voracek is eligible for both if I am not mistaken, I think the same can be said for Forsberg as well?

Dobber Sports Giant

Ya in terms of LW/RW eligibiltiy, we bring it back every year or 2 (when we all vote that Yahoo gets its $#!% together we make it a position, but when they are all over the place during a given year, we vote it out). This year the position will be called W (LW/RW eligible players) so that won't be an issue going forward with this trade.
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post

I think I can swing just Staal for the 3rd so it breaks down the trade if needed.

I don't think I'd be giving up Nyquist and Greiss for Okposo. I think Nyquist's ceiling is the same as Okposo's whos now getting on the wrong side of the hump as far as production goes. Staal for anything IMO is a good deal, he'd definitely on the wrong side of the hump, and his minutes are going to drop significantly this season.
    DobberProspects Writer: Ex-Tampa Bay Lightning Prospects, Current New York Rangers Prospects @olaf1393

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by olafson1393 View Post
    I don't think I'd be giving up Nyquist and Greiss for Okposo. I think Nyquist's ceiling is the same as Okposo's whos now getting on the wrong side of the hump as far as production goes. Staal for anything IMO is a good deal, he'd definitely on the wrong side of the hump, and his minutes are going to drop significantly this season.
    Oh darn, here is the ''branch in the wheels'' that I had in back of my mind... I know Nyquist had a great World tourney and I was afraid that some still felt that he can up his game a notch come next season and beyond. I'm not 100% sold on Okposo going downhill though, but if Nyquist = Okposo, I clearly don,t want to send Greiss as a toss-in (he is looking for a goalie so the deal won't work unless he's part of it).

Thanks alot olafson (in a pouty yet thankful way )

Minors:

Dobber Sports Sage

I would need to know where Okposo will be playing before I could decide.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    I would need to know where Okposo will be playing before I could decide.
    With what happened today, I would not be surprised if we found out before July 1st

Minors:

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I agree that roughly Nyquist = Okposo. I would ask him "How about Greiss & Staal for Okposo & the pick?"
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.