Thread: Carter Hart

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Carter Hart

Anyone else intrigued by this guy? I didn't think this was the draft for goalies, but his numbers are impressive. Combine that with the fact that Philly has such a poor goalie pipeline and weak starters, do we not vault Hart up in the goalie prospect rankings?

The Great One

Default Re: Carter Hart

Not sure I agree with the Philly not having a good pipe line with Stolarz, Lyon and Neuvirth and Mason not exactly being old!

Will be interesting to see how Hart develops but he is a long way off

Dobber Sports Initiate

I think Hart has the upside to develop into a top goalie prospect, but like Sulla mention, Philly has lots of time to let him develop. Lyon or Stolarz should get a shot at the starting gig well before Hart does.
    24 Team H2H Pts Cap Dyn
    4C 4LW 4RW 6D 1G 4B 27M

G (1) A (1) +/- (.25) PIM (.05) SOG (.05) PPP (.5) HIT (.05) BLK (.05) FOW (.01)
    W (1.75) GA (-1) SV (.1) SO (3)

C: Seguin, Kuznetsov, Trocheck, Johansen, Kostin
    LW: Benn, Lindblom, Dickinson, Kubalik
    RW: Tuch, Fabbri, Bjorkstrand, Terry
    D: Klingberg, Chabot, Girard, Spurgeon, C Miller, Theodore, Marino
    G: Hellebuyck, Berdin

C: Elvenes, Vorobyev, Spacek, Jones, Eyssimont, Daviddson, Shvyrev
    LW: Dorofyev, Koivula, Shalagin, Dugan, Cates, Ranta
    RW: Volkov, Fortier, Evans, Blichfeld, Legare, Tieksola
    D: Laaksonen, Gilbert, Pilut
    G: Samsonov, Sorokin, Knight, Zagidulin

Dobber Sports Sage

Was on an awesome jr team, not sure how good he really is. Could be very good. Philadelphia seems like they are trying to re-create the Republican Party primary with their goalie system, kind of a ridiculous amount of guys in there now. I wonder if this will mean Hart has a long ETA to the NHL.

Hextall is clearly amassing a large stockpile of goalies, contrary to most GMs strategy given the depth of the position league-wide and the buyer's market that ensues.

http://broadstreetbuzz.com/2016/06/2...heory-goalies/

Dobber Sports Pro

Interesting. I never thought Stolarz or Lyon (or any other prospect they have) had real starter upside. I also think Steve Mason is terrible and is not the answer if Philly wants a Cup. Reliable goaltending has been an issue for a while now and I don't know if their current roster can address it.

I just don't want to miss out on the next Matt Murray!

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    Was on an awesome jr team, not sure how good he really is. Could be very good. Philadelphia seems like they are trying to re-create the Republican Party primary with their goalie system, kind of a ridiculous amount of guys in there now. I wonder if this will mean Hart has a long ETA to the NHL.

Hextall is clearly amassing a large stockpile of goalies, contrary to most GMs strategy given the depth of the position league-wide and the buyer's market that ensues.

http://broadstreetbuzz.com/2016/06/2...heory-goalies/
    Given Philly's History of goalie troubles... especially in playoffs... we need this many goalies in the pipeline. Hopefully there is a diamond in the rough somewhere in there.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by rtstr View Post
    Interesting. I never thought Stolarz or Lyon (or any other prospect they have) had real starter upside. I also think Steve Mason is terrible and is not the answer if Philly wants a Cup. Reliable goaltending has been an issue for a while now and I don't know if their current roster can address it.

I just don't want to miss out on the next Matt Murray!
    Why not Stolarz?

Big goalie, early draft pick, has progressed and developed nicely year-over-year at each level. I'd say he's developing about as well as you could hope for a potential starting goalie.

Dobber Sports Stud

Projecting goalie progression is like dating your sister - never a good idea. Too many variables exist, and at the tender age of 18, projecting goalies is a crap shoot.

When Murray was in the OHL with Sault St Marie, nobody could have projected he would do what he did. It wasn't until the last couple of years in the AHL that Murray really hit his stride and carried it over to the NHL - long after he was drafted.
    WHL - 24tm multicast salary partial keeper
    19 Active / 6 Reserve / 15 Minors
    3C/3LW/3RW/3F/6D/1G
    Skaters: G/ A/ +/- /PIM/SOG/PPP/Hit/Blk/FOW-C
    Goalies: GS/W/OL/GAA/SV%/SV/SHO/ShL/A

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Pit Bulls View Post
    Projecting goalie progression is like dating your sister - never a good idea. Too many variables exist, and at the tender age of 18, projecting goalies is a crap shoot.

When Murray was in the OHL with Sault St Marie, nobody could have projected he would do what he did. It wasn't until the last couple of years in the AHL that Murray really hit his stride and carried it over to the NHL - long after he was drafted.
    I may not go that far, because on the rare occasion you can nail goalie projections…

I do agree that there is a lot of volatility, however we do have Hart above the rest for a reason at the moment.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)