Thread: What Goalie to trade

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default What Goalie to trade

Hello there,

i do currently own 4 starting goalies, and i am contemplating moving one of them. My question is not who of my goalies is the best, i am looking to upgrade other positions or maybe draftpicks.

i have Gibson, Andersen, Smith and Lehner. Which one should i move, and what kind of return should i be looking at.

This is for the league in my signature - goalies are valued a lot

the best offer i have received so far was 2 nd round picks 16 th - 20 th overall for Lehner

i will not take that deal

basically what i am asking is - what goalie would you trade, and what kind of return would you be looking at.

thx
    12 team full keeper dynasty league (H2H Points-Based)

scoring cats:

G, A, P, PPP, SHP, +/-, PIM, SOG, FOW, FOL, Hit, TK, BLK, GWG, GA, SV, SHO, W

C: Barkov, MacKinnon, Zegras, Hughes, Matthews
    LW: Pavelski,Teravainen, Nichushkin,
    RW: Rantanen, Laine, Terry
    F: Kakko, Rakell, Granlund
    D: Jones, Hamilton, Karlsson, Dahlin, Burns, Thrun,
    G: Gibson, F. Andersen, Saros, Hart
    Farm: L. Carlsson, Moore, Miroshnichenko, Mintyukov, Zellweger, Askarov, Fedotov, Clang

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: What Goalie to trade

Goalies are valuable for a reason. Keep Gibson/Andersen and reap the rewards.
    Find someone that values Lehner, and see what you can get there. He's having a tough tine getting any footing with all the injuries.
    If you can find someone willing to pay for Smith as a starter, I would jump on that too.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Goalies are valuable for a reason. Keep Gibson/Andersen and reap the rewards.
    Find someone that values Lehner, and see what you can get there. He's having a tough tine getting any footing with all the injuries.
    If you can find someone willing to pay for Smith as a starter, I would jump on that too.
    Agree with EB here. Hold on to Andersen and Gibson.

I'd shop both Smith and Lehner and take the best return.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by brakli View Post
    Agree with EB here. Hold on to Andersen and Gibson.

I'd shop both Smith and Lehner and take the best return.
    Yes..take the best of the offers. I would be willing to bet you could move Lehner easier just based on potential.
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Foerster, Michkov, Kakko, Toffoli
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Minyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR- Quinn(RW)
    Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Star

Lehner has missed 81 GP due to injury since 2014.
    Gibson has missed 30 GP due to injury since 2014.
    Smith has missed 51 GP due to injury since 2014.

One might argue that the proportion of missed games is about the same. Might. You'd probably be stretching it.

Mike Smith has proven he shouldn't be left for dead.

Shop them all, and make a call on what will make your team better.

Dobber Sports Titan

It's not just how many games they miss, it's that partnered with the performance they have shown over that same span.
    I like Gibson's numbers much better than the other two.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Star

All I'm trying to point out is that the gap in what you'll get in return for Gibson/Andersen is going to be bigger than the actual production gap between them and Smith/Lehner.

Wait, I just checked the OP's signature. We don't have enough information to evaluate this... the league is h2h fantasy points scoring W, SV, SO, and GA... but we don't know the weights of each of those! That'll greatly affect the result. Selanne13, give us the info and we can make a reasonable comparison.

I'd peg the forecast something like this:

Player GP GAA SV% W GA SV SO
    Andersen 60 2.3 0.918 30 150 1679 4
    Gibson 55 2.1 0.925 33 116 1431 6
    Smith 55 2.6 0.915 25 143 1539 2
    Lehner 45 2.5 0.920 23 113 1300 2

That's assuming TOR, BUF, and ARI are 0.500 teams, and that Gibson is winning 60% of his starts. The rest fall naturally from the GAA and SV%.

Now, depending on the specific scoring setup, this could be rather enlightening.

The Great One

the other point you highlight Is that Lehner would be worth more than smith but you are only getting two seconds? personally I shop all four and see who returns the best value... though I would lean towards moving Smith he probably doesn't get you much back.

Dobber Sports Expert

I wouldn't trade Lehner now, his value has never been lower. Wait for him to play a few games, just hope he doesn't hurt himself again and then try to move him.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Shop Smith & Lehner now, keeping the better goalies in reserve. If someone inquires on one of them, you can start talks in that direction.

If you could get an actual player you liked somewhat, and a second for Lehner, I would do that.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I love Andersen, but if you have a Leaf fan or better yet, two Leaf fans (god bless their pathetic little souls), you should look at dealing their newest goalie BEFORE reality catches up with the hype/hope.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket