Thread: Bob in 2016-17 and beyond

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Bob in 2016-17 and beyond

what should I be expecting out of Bobrovsky for this coming season (and the future). until last season, we knew more or less what he was - a good goalie who was very injury prone and was awesome at the end of the season. then last season happened, and he was just awful all year. he's got the golden boy goalie contract, so he's at worst going to always be in the mix for the starting job, but no one wants to wind up owning a jimmy howard-type goalie.
    does he rebound this year and go back to what he was last year - was last year the outlier? or is just not a good goalie and it's not gonna get any better?
    part of my worry is that it looks like the blue jackets are gonna be pretty bad this year, which is pretty pathetic with all the great talent they have. but they've got a horrible coach, a GM who seems to be making some pretty bad choices lately (dubois, hiring torts), and did I mention, a horrible coach.

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: Bob in 2016-17 and beyond

Assuming an injury-free season, 30-35 wins and 4 shutouts.

The real question is, how often does he get injured and for how long on each occasion? That is a question for the magic 8 ball.
    13 team Keeper, top 8F, 4D and 2G count. 1pt G/A, 2pt W/SO.
    Protect up to 500 points in a full season
    (K) denotes keeper

Keepers:

F: Draisaitl, Thompson, Thomas, Zuccarello, Konecny, Marchessault Ehlers, O'Reilly, Tarasenko, Perron, Coronato, Seguin, Atkinson, Rossi, Michkov
    D: Q Fox, Sergachev, Dobson, York, Hutson
    G: Vasilevsky, Jarry, Levi

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Seeds of Grapes View Post
    Assuming an injury-free season, 30-35 wins and 4 shutouts.

The real question is, how often does he get injured and for how long on each occasion? That is a question for the magic 8 ball.
    I would agree with this. Bob can and should bounce back to what he has been. This season was a write off, and shouldn't be viewed as a trend going forward performance wise. The wonky groin on the other hand, we can see causing him to miss 20-40 games, basically thirding, or halving his season numbers.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Great One

posted some nice numbers at the WC so injury free I am happy to say 30+.... it's a big if though

Dobber Sports Genius

Are we talking wet-paper-towel-groin Bob or healthy Bob. LOL
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Recruit

If you recall, Columbus and Bobrovsky had an atrocious start to their season. Remove the first 3 weeks from the equation.

From as early as October 27th until the end of the season, Bobrovsky put up the following numbers:

30 GP, 2.36 GAA, .920 SV%, 14 WINS, 1 SHO

Bobrobsky's SV% in years prior are .918, .923, and ,932.

With a future star defenseman in Seth Jones added to the mix, I am expecting a SV% at or above .920 and a GAA at or below 2.40. I believe Bobrovsky's numbers return to form this year. Obviously health has become a concern and should be taken into consideration when negotiating a trade for his services.

I think Bobrovsky is one of the best, if not the best buy-low goalie of the offseason. I recommend holding if you have him, buying if you don't.