Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Notes

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Notes

First off, big news today was that Giolito has been called up to start tomorrow against the Mets. The flamethrower for the Nationals has had a solid year so far in the minors, posting an ERA just over 3. He has a dominant curve to pair with his 100mph fastball. Pick him up now if he is available, no matter the league.
    Hopefully this recommendation works out a little better than my call to add Urias for his first start where he was roughed up.

For those of you looking for some SB to stash on your bench, Danny Santana has recently come off the DL, and already had 10SB before he went down earlier in the season. He doesn't offer much else, but on deeper rosters he can be a nice filler with his SS/OF eligibility on yahoo.

Reddick may not be available in your league, but could be a decent buy low trade target for shallower teams looking for a little speed. He is on a few of my fantasy squads, and I have been impatiently awaiting his return to round out my OF. Lots of offence to like there, but he can be like a bit of a BAB.

Two trade targets if you are looking for saves, A. Miller and McGee. Odds are that one of Chapman or Miller get traded to the Cubs in the next couple of weeks, and if that comes to pass, then Miller is instantly the main closer for his team.
    McGee is coming back from the DL, and may not get the closer role back right away (meaning his owner would sell) but with how inconsistant his replacement Estevez has been, it won't be long until the role is his once again.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Notes

Solid post.

I really love fantasy baseball. It just has so many facets that other sports fantasy leagues don't.

Im trying to acquire Miller right now but not sure how that's going to go.

Pumped to see Giolito tomorrow. Even Rodon and Taillon had rough starts too though so I don't expect much.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Solid post.

I really love fantasy baseball. It just has so many facets that other sports fantasy leagues don't.

Im trying to acquire Miller right now but not sure how that's going to go.

Pumped to see Giolito tomorrow. Even Rodon and Taillon had rough starts too though so I don't expect much.
    Thanks! I was going through my rosters and ended up just trying to gather all my thoughts on some of my DL guys, say Giolito was being called up, and figured I would share the lot of it.

Miller has been a tough get in a couple of my leagues, but I'm patiently pushing the envelope on it. The Mets are the first team Taillon say too, and he did well in his first two starts against them, so I have high hopes.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Immortal

Giolito vs Harvey is underway! Bit of a rain delay but now we're going.

Dobber Sports Titan

Giolito vs Harvey is underway! Bit of a rain delay but now we're going.
    Giolito just grounded out with men on first and third. Good thing he's not in the majors to hit.

Dobber Sports Titan

4IP, 0ER, 1K, 0.75WHIP and pulled due to the weather delay.
    Less strikeouts than I would have anticipated, but I'm very content with the performance. He looked like he belonged.

Dobber Sports Immortal

rain delay causes new pitchers to come in......dammit

Dobber Sports Titan

rain delay causes new pitchers to come in......dammit
    Better than bringing back in a dead arm and something going wrong. But I agree, the rain is unfortunate, and I would have enjoyed seeing him go a full 7 innings or so.

Dobber Sports Titan

Second start today, also against the Mets… Hoping he does well, but at the moment just more thrown off by how skewed the starts are for stud rookie starters playing vs the Mets in their first two games vs. every other team.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Second start today, also against the Mets… Hoping he does well, but at the moment just more thrown off by how skewed the starts are for stud rookie starters playing vs the Mets in their first two games vs. every other team.
    Because they have Ces and that’s it. The Mets lineup isn’t good at all.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Because they have Ces and that’s it. The Mets lineup isn’t good at all.
    I agree that the Mets aren't great, but it seems to work out coincidentally well timing-wise with when these teams actually need to bring up a pitcher.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I agree that the Mets aren't great, but it seems to work out coincidentally well timing-wise with when these teams actually need to bring up a pitcher.
    Im seriously riding Reed and Familia. Thought it would be a great move given their rotation and so far so good.

Killing me lately with DL pitchers though.....Ross, Harvey and Walker all this week.

Dobber Sports Titan

Im seriously riding Reed and Familia. Thought it would be a great move given their rotation and so far so good.

Killing me lately with DL pitchers though.....Ross, Harvey and Walker all this week.
    Ouch, that's a little rough. Is the WW pitcher friendly enough that you can make up for it?
    Familla has been solid though. I don't think he has blown a save yet if I recall correctly.

Dobber Sports Immortal

I grabbed Guerra and Ryu in case he does well tonight. Only 10 team league

Dobber Sports Titan

I grabbed Guerra and Ryu in case he does well tonight. Only 10 team league
    Hopefully that works. I have one league where I have Greinke and McCullers as my starters, and have been streaming for my other 4-5 starts a week. There have been more misses than hits!