Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Goalie Prospects

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Goalie Prospects

So I traded my 1st and 2nd round picks this year in an attempt to win and sadly finished 2nd place in my keeper league for a 3rd year in a row. Because of this I don't get to pick till the 3rd round with three picks. With one of those picks I am wanting to draft a goalie prospect and was wondering if dobber nation can give me a heads up on who should I get. In no particular order these are the guys I have:

Thatcher Demko - Long shot he is still there by the third round as we have alot of canuck homers in our league. However with Miller and Markstrom being UFA after this season I think he could make some waves.
    Malcolm Subban - I have Tukka Rask as my main starter so would be kind of nice to have him in my back pocket. Of course the way Boston has been managed I am hopeful subban gets moved but worried if he doesn't.
    Juuse Saros - My other starter is Pekka Rinne and unlike Subban Saros seems to have impressed at every stage he has competed. Though his short stature at 5 - 11" is a concerning point.
    Ilya Sorokin - I understand this one is a long wait and I kind of compare him to Vasey. Not sure if he is coming across the pond, but he looks like a sure fire NHL starter when he does. Hopefully the KHL doesn't keep him.
    Linus Sonderstrom - I haven't seen too much of him but have read via reports if Sorokin doesn't come over than the Islanders will be focusing on the swede.

So there is my tidbits. How would you rank them? Or who would you pick? And if I am forgetting anyone I am open to new suggestions. Currently the only goalie prospect is Vasey on my time. My team in the signature is a bit outdated.

Thanks!
    [I]12 Team Salary Cap Keeper:
    Fowards: Points Only
    Defenseman: Points & .1 points for hits and BS
    Goalies: 2 pts for win & 3 pts for shutout.

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: Goalie Prospects

Subban should take over as Rask's backup in 2016-17. You may be looking at a Quick & Jones or Bishop & Vasilevsky kind of situation, but at least he will play some this year.

Demko, will be in Vancouver as soon as next year, and projects to be a very good starter. If you can afford to wait until next year (or earlier if there are injuries to either Miller or Markstrom) then I would probably choose him first.

After those two, my next choice would be Saros, but again Rinne will be hard to move from the #1 spot.

Sorokin will be a long wait.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Ace

My thought would be either Demko or Saros. They're both likely a year out from seeing any real starts, but they're coming into good situations (Demko since both established G are free agents, Saros because Rinne's health and performance are on the downslope). Sorokin would be 3rd for me, because once Halak goes UFA, there should be an opportunity as well.
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso

Say for a second that the first four are similar in quality, then I'd still go:
    Demko - likely earliest opportunity, this year when (not if) Miller gets hurt
    Saros - backup first, opportunities as Rinne (33) ages more
    Subban - Rask is only 29, still several good years in him
    Sorokin
    Sonderstrom - only 19, so quite a ways off, and who knows how his affliction affects his future

20-team NHL cap keeper; auction salaries w/contracts; 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 3B, 18 farm
    H2H Cat Wins: G, A, Pts, 2G+A, DPts, PIM, SOG, Hits, Blks, FO%, STG, GWG, G Wins, GAA, Save %, ShO
    C: Stamkos, Toews, DRyan, Compher, Fisher, Haula
    LW: Lucic, Tkachuk, Eriksson Ek, Connor
    RW: Radulov, Tarasenko, JWilliams, Point, Callahan
    D: Braun, Del Zotto, McNabb, CMiller, Petry, Subban, Butcher
    G: Andersen, Rinne
    Farm: Anderson-Dolan, Beaudin, O?Regan, Suzuki, Kayumov, Bastian, Pu, Meloche, Pionk, Poolman, Montembault, Hill

Dobber Sports Stud

demko is at the top of this list. he's the top goalie prospect right now.
    Sorokin is worth a roster spot, since if he comes over in a couple of years, he's got a pretty clear path to the starter's job in NY, and he's been lights out in the KHL.
    saros is gonna take over for rinne one day, and rinne is declining quickly. i'd expect him to be a backup at no later than next year.
    I don't expect subban to get too many starts this year, but he will be a backup, and is a good candidate to get taken in the expansion draft next year.
    wouldn't waste a spot on soderstrom. the isles have too many goalie prospects, and the only one that stands above the rest is Sorokin.

The Great One

Demko
    Saros
    Sorokin
    Subban
    Soderstrom

would be my preference as I also see that order as quickest to be a fantasy asset.

is Husso available? He would be an interesting one and would depend who the Blues bring in as back up next season and on what sort of deal (though the expansion draft may change all that anyway)

Husso is available yes. Though i did forget to put him on the list. But doubtful he could knock off allen right?

The Great One

He won't straight away but Allen has been prone to injuries. Not convinced on Copley or Binnington so if Husso hits the ground running I can see him getting some starts this season

Dobber Sports Deity

Personally I prefer Demko first and then Saros second.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Stud

Demko

Saros

Sorokin
    Subban
    Husso

Soderstrom
    20tm UFA/RFA dynasty

Cats: G, A, SOG, STpts, +/-, hits/bs, GAA, Sv%, W+SO

Thanks guys looks like the consciences is:

1.) Demko
    2.)Saros
    3.) Between Sorokin, Husso and Subban

Dobber Sports Titan

Personally I like Saros for the longer term, but Demko will be good much sooner, and is the only one worth rostering for next year alone.
    5+ years from now, I would rank it as Saros, Sorokin, Demko, Subban, Husso.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Personally I like Saros for the longer term, but Demko will be good much sooner, and is the only one worth rostering for next year alone.
    5+ years from now, I would rank it as Saros, Sorokin, Demko, Subban, Husso.
    Thats what I am thinking as I have Rask and Rinne as my starter with Vasey on my bench. So in the immediate timeline I'm good. Only reason I am wanting to draft a goalie prospect is because at the 3rd round most of the good F/D prospects are usually taken by then and given how are league heavily favorites goalies thought it would be the best useage to invest in a goalie that could be a elite starter.

Dobber Sports Icon

I would go with

1) Demko
    2) Husso
    3) Saros

Full Disclosure: I may be a little biased as I own both Demko and Husso in my 30 team league but I really think they are the two best goalies in your list.

Dobber Sports Ace

Demko
    Saros
    Sorokin
    Husso
    14 team h/h dynasty
    Stats, G A PTS PIM +/- PPP SHP GWG shts TOI hts/blks W sv% gaa SO
    $89 mill salary cap, cap hits
    minors- players under 60 gms, goalies under 30 gms
    3c 3lw 3rw 4d 2util 1goal
    max 23 plyr rstr, 15 minors

CENTERS Kuznetsov, Necas, Petterson, Hughes, D.Strome, Seguin, Hayes, Scheifele
    LEFTWING Gaudreau, Mantha, Forsberg, Keller
    RIGHTWING Kakko , Debrincat, Thomas, Konecny
    D-MEN Girard, Provorov, McCavoy, Dobson, Makar
    GOALIES Gibson, Shesterkin, Sorokin
    IR
    MINORS Brannstrom, Kostin, Dennisenko, Kaprizov, Tippett, Cozens, Tolvanen, Zegras, Byfield , Vessalainen, K.Miller, Kyrou, Janik, Bokk, Lundell, Heinola, Hoglander, Lundkvist