Shane Doan
    Nick Schmaltz

Jack Johnson
    Justin Schultz
    retain 1mil in Johnson's salary next two years

Which side in league in signature?
    Column writer at @GoaliePost

https://goaliepost.com/

An avid Chicago sports fan. Craft beer connoisseur. Fantasy sports addict.

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Debating Trade

I wouldn't. Doesn't really add anything to your team, and you'd be taking on a bunch of salary plus getting older players.
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Ingolo View Post
    I wouldn't. Doesn't really add anything to your team, and you'd be taking on a bunch of salary plus getting older players.
    The talent doesn't move the needle, so the salaries will. You lose out on the salaries, so it's a no for me as well.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Decline, and move on.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

The Great One

Exactly what EB said..

Dobber Sports Ace

Decline, not worth it at all
    14 team h/h dynasty
    Stats, G A PTS PIM +/- PPP SHP GWG shts TOI hts/blks W sv% gaa SO
    $89 mill salary cap, cap hits
    minors- players under 60 gms, goalies under 30 gms
    3c 3lw 3rw 4d 2util 1goal
    max 23 plyr rstr, 15 minors

CENTERS Kuznetsov, Necas, Petterson, Hughes, D.Strome, Seguin, Hayes, Scheifele
    LEFTWING Gaudreau, Mantha, Forsberg, Keller
    RIGHTWING Kakko , Debrincat, Thomas, Konecny
    D-MEN Girard, Provorov, McCavoy, Dobson, Makar
    GOALIES Gibson, Shesterkin, Sorokin
    IR
    MINORS Brannstrom, Kostin, Dennisenko, Kaprizov, Tippett, Cozens, Tolvanen, Zegras, Byfield , Vessalainen, K.Miller, Kyrou, Janik, Bokk, Lundell, Heinola, Hoglander, Lundkvist

Dobber Sports Giant

If you can take on the cap temporarily, I would make this deal. With Shaw's departure, Schmaltz will have a shot at some good playing time in Chicago come next year an he could very well have success off the bat with them (not Panarin-like numbers but 40 points is not farfetched).

Campbell may still be able to give you more offensive output than Schultz and JJ and Doan could give you another 40-something points playing along side the young talent in Arizona in what could be his last year.

I like this deal as long as you aren't missing out on other grabs with that cap space (i.e. Free agents)
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I appreciate the opinions. I guess I should have included more cap info. Campbell was a FA in our league(never drafted). So, the owner bid on him for [email protected] per year. So that would be my salary cap hit no matter what he signs for. My theory in the trade is I get rid of Johnson's salary for the next two years. Schultz either signs for the cheap in Pittsburgh for about 2-2.5m a year as a 6th Dman, or tests FA market and gets 4m a year. So, a bit of a wild card there. I don't think he has much value in Pittsburgh based on his protected usage in the playoffs. I don't think he is a top 4 dman anywhere else if paid so. Doan will be a one year contract at around 4-5m i think. Thus, short term, I would have rental players at reasonable contracts. My concern is that this year I have the new Okposo and Schwartz contracts to absorb on my cap. Next year, Pastrnak/Johansen/Zibanajed are RFA and I have to deal with their contracts. With this trade, I unload Johnson's contract, and get a cheap Campbell and a one year Doan that I can just drop next year or lose if he retires with no cap penalty. Thus, I get some value this coming year, and then am clear of some money to resign players/FA. Plus i get a prospect in Schmaltz. Good or Bad way to look at it?
    Column writer at @GoaliePost

https://goaliepost.com/

An avid Chicago sports fan. Craft beer connoisseur. Fantasy sports addict.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by scdakotart2000 View Post
    I appreciate the opinions. I guess I should have included more cap info. Campbell was a FA in our league(never drafted). So, the owner bid on him for [email protected] per year. So that would be my salary cap hit no matter what he signs for. My theory in the trade is I get rid of Johnson's salary for the next two years. Schultz either signs for the cheap in Pittsburgh for about 2-2.5m a year as a 6th Dman, or tests FA market and gets 4m a year. So, a bit of a wild card there. I don't think he has much value in Pittsburgh based on his protected usage in the playoffs. I don't think he is a top 4 dman anywhere else if paid so. Doan will be a one year contract at around 4-5m i think. Thus, short term, I would have rental players at reasonable contracts. My concern is that this year I have the new Okposo and Schwartz contracts to absorb on my cap. Next year, Pastrnak/Johansen/Zibanajed are RFA and I have to deal with their contracts. With this trade, I unload Johnson's contract, and get a cheap Campbell and a one year Doan that I can just drop next year or lose if he retires with no cap penalty. Thus, I get some value this coming year, and then am clear of some money to resign players/FA. Plus i get a prospect in Schmaltz. Good or Bad way to look at it?
    That makes the deal look a lot more friendly. If you can make it and then ship off Schultz high after the playoff run (and before he signs for 2.5mil somewhere - I don't think he gets 4) then you should be well enough off.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)