Thread: Any Phone Experts?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Any Phone Experts?

After falling in my pool with my highly sophisticated iPhone 4s I am in need of a new phone.

Clearly I am not a phone guru. I don't use it a ton, will not get data, but I will use it to search the internet some and email. I have 4 options that I am looking at. I have done a little research but I prefer to hear from those who know them.

Opinions are greatly appreciate.

Options are:

LG G3 - get $150 credit ($15 a month)
    LG G$ - get a $50 credit ($15 a month)
    iPhone 5 - but I am thinking I would like to try an android
    Moto X - $100 credit ($10 a month)

So really, it comes down a little bit of extra dough, not a huge difference. So which one wins out?

Thanks

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Any Phone Experts?

What's wrong with the current phone? My phone is 5 years old and has zero impact on my fantasy standings. Are you sure you need a new one?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    What's wrong with the current phone? My phone is 5 years old and has zero impact on my fantasy standings. Are you sure you need a new one?
    Sounds like his old one is toast since he fell in a pool with it.

Honestly, if you're not even going to get a data plan then I doubt you're the type of phone user that will notice or care about the differences between them all. Just get whatever one is cheaper. Preference may be the iPhone 5 since you would already be familiar with how the operate.

Dobber Sports Titan

LG makes great phones now. But since you’re not using Data, you won’t utilize the phone to its full capacity.

iPhone’s are great for people who want simplicity, Android’s are great for the customization. If you want simple, get the iPhone, if you want and can handle the learning curve Android is awesome.

I have a S6, and I’m never getting a Samsung phone again. It’s a POS in my eyes.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    LG makes great phones now. But since you’re not using Data, you won’t utilize the phone to its full capacity.

iPhone’s are great for people who want simplicity, Android’s are great for the customization. If you want simple, get the iPhone, if you want and can handle the learning curve Android is awesome.

I have a S6, and I’m never getting a Samsung phone again. It’s a POS in my eyes.
    Wow really? I picked up an S7 a couple weeks ago and it's felt pretty good so far. What do you not like about Samsung phones? Anything in particular that I should be made aware of to look out for?

I had a couple of friends who were super excited about the Moto X when it first came out but I don't think it was quite what they were expecting. And one friend in particular has had a nightmare dealing with their customer service.

Dobber Sports Deity

If you are looking at Android, take a look at the HTC models. Normally less expensive than some of the others but the quality is wicked. I've had a couple HTC's now and still currently using the HTC M8. I have nothing but good things to say about them.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    Wow really? I picked up an S7 a couple weeks ago and it's felt pretty good so far. What do you not like about Samsung phones? Anything in particular that I should be made aware of to look out for?

I had a couple of friends who were super excited about the Moto X when it first came out but I don't think it was quite what they were expecting. And one friend in particular has had a nightmare dealing with their customer service.
    Constantly crashes, battery is terrible, sometimes it doesn’t send texts, sometimes it doesn’t receive them. All the major features on it eats battery. The biggest thing I get bugged at is there isn’t a quick way to turn data on and off. I think it was I got really used to the LG G2 and that was a great phone.

The text thing is Fido having a issue with Samsung S6’s. I don’t get why, but they say their signals are having issues with the S6 firmware. They traded off a crappy battery so you can charge it super fast, I will admit that’s awesome, but I’m sure it burns the battery even more. I can go from 10%-100% in like 70minutes.

I went through the honeymoon phase and I should have known it was a bad phone when I was asked how do I like it, and I said it’s good. If you aren’t impressed during the “honeymoon phase” it’ll wear off soon.

The Great One

Theres a data toggle in the shortcuts menu, no?

But if you're just using the phone for calling, texting and wifi than just get whatever fits your budget the best. All the phones can handle that for sure and the more expensive you get the more you just won't use what you're paying for.

LG G4 is great for a simple phone but it's a little bit bigger. Is size an issue?

Dobber Sports Titan

The LG G2 you could turn it on and off on the pull down menu, like wifi. On the S6 I have to click settings, data, then turn it off.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Ritchierich View Post
    After falling in my pool with my highly sophisticated iPhone 4s I am in need of a new phone.

Clearly I am not a phone guru. I don't use it a ton, will not get data, but I will use it to search the internet some and email. I have 4 options that I am looking at. I have done a little research but I prefer to hear from those who know them.

Opinions are greatly appreciate.

Options are:

LG G3 - get $150 credit ($15 a month)
    LG G$ - get a $50 credit ($15 a month)
    iPhone 5 - but I am thinking I would like to try an android
    Moto X - $100 credit ($10 a month)

So really, it comes down a little bit of extra dough, not a huge difference. So which one wins out?

Thanks
    I was an Apple junkie for years and years and I really liked them. They are full proof and will give you little to know headache. But I recently switched to and android because of the massive cost difference when the 6S came out. So my current phone is a Nexus 6p and I love it. I use a fair amount of google products, so the switch was quite seamless. I also switched my iPad to a Galaxy S2 and love it too. So in my opinion I would suggest that you pick and android and give it a whirl. Out of those phones, I would take the G4 or G3. I know a few people with both and they are probably the phone I would take after my Nexus. I like the hardware and the 'bloatware" is less on the LG than on any Samsung. Plus the LG phones have the best cameras on the android market.

14 Team, Keep14 Farm5, 82GP Cap/Position
    Skaters: Points only, Goalies 2ptWin/3ptSO
    Start: 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,2G
    C- Crosby, Zibanejad, Couturier, Zacha, Frost
    LW- Marchand, Huberdeau, McTavish, Rackell, Kuzmenko
    RW- Konecny, Necas, Caufield, Jarvis, Lafreniere
    D- Hughes, Carlson, Werenski, Chychrun, Andersson, Dobson, Weegar
    G- Andersen, Merzlikins, Daccord, Jones
    Farm- Johnston, Foerster, Tarasov, Hutson, Reinbacher
    Picks-1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,11

The Great One

I have the LG G4 and I picked it for two reasons.

Best camera
    Best battery life

It's a little bigger than what I would have prefered but at the end of the day it's a phone. They all do the same shit nowadays.

Dobber Sports Giant

I've had a bunch of Samsung's and htc's over the years. There's pros and cons to both. I just ordered the Samsung edge today. The last Samsung I had was the s4 and I really liked it.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO