Thread: The worst start ever

Dobber Sports Titan

Default The worst start ever

Many of us were watching the NHL draft last night - me included. Jim Benning did Benning things, and the Oilers did Oilers things. However, there may have been a record of futility set that was even worse than those two. Edinson Volquez of the Kansas City Royals, gave up 12 runs, and recorded three outs on the night against the Houston Astros (the Blue Jays fan inside me is smiling).

Here is an article that sums up just how historically bad this start was:
    http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/ed...he-modern-era/
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

I...am your father.

Default Re: The worst start ever

Bro - my night last night was BRUTAL

I have been inching up the charts and felt that I could finally take over first place Friday. Why? Well, for the first time all season I had four SPs going. In my points league, a night of 9 points from an SP is average, 11 is pretty good, 13 is excellent, 7 is disappointing, 5 is terrible. (rather than break down the points).

My night:

Keuchel 5.58
    Matz 0.33
    Moore 8.67
    Volquez -5.25

Total of about 9 points. COMBINED. TOTAL. Was hoping for 50 points, would settle for 40. Got...9.

BRUTAL
    #%^#$^%#^#$^#^#$%^#^$#^$%^!!!!!!!!!!!
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Deity

"The Oilers did Oilers things???" The Oilers would have been chastised if they didnt take Puljujarvi at number four.

What else did they do wrong last night?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Bro - my night last night was BRUTAL

I have been inching up the charts and felt that I could finally take over first place Friday. Why? Well, for the first time all season I had four SPs going. In my points league, a night of 9 points from an SP is average, 11 is pretty good, 13 is excellent, 7 is disappointing, 5 is terrible. (rather than break down the points).

My night:

Keuchel 5.58
    Matz 0.33
    Moore 8.67
    Volquez -5.25

Total of about 9 points. COMBINED. TOTAL. Was hoping for 50 points, would settle for 40. Got...9.

BRUTAL
    #%^#$^%#^#$^#^#$%^#^$#^$%^!!!!!!!!!!!
    Earlier on in the season it was McHugh and others doing you in. Nice to see you rebounded close to the lead at least!
    That is pretty rough on the night though! Keuchel, Matz and Moore you just have to keep running out, but Volquez. I'm not sure I could recover from that one. How often do players end up being minus for a start?

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    "The Oilers did Oilers things???" The Oilers would have been chastised if they didnt take Puljujarvi at number four.

What else did they do wrong last night?
    No I agree. I do have faith that a deal will be made soon to get a D (probably one of the Minnesota guys). That being said I think the stagnation at the draft wasn't taken very well with the need for a D trade while they continue to stock the forwards shelves.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    How often do players end up being minus for a start?
    Second time this year for me. McHugh was a -1.0 or so in his first start. This was the worst I've ever seen by FAR
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Second time this year for me. McHugh was a -1.0 or so in his first start. This was the worst I've ever seen by FAR
    That doesn't surprise me too much with how historically bad the start was. It's surprising that he wasn't taken out during the first inning after giving up the first 9.