Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Draft Prospects

Dobber Sports Monster

Default 2017 Draft Prospects

Most know who Nolan Patrick is, but after him and a few others (Liljegren) I'd say I know very little about this draft. Anyone wanna take a stab at the top 5 or 10 guys?

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: 2017 Draft Prospects

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    Most know who Nolan Patrick is, but after him and a few others (Liljegren) I'd say I know very little about this draft. Anyone wanna take a stab at the top 5 or 10 guys?
    Those are the only two names I really know, and that's probably how it will stay until at least October.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Expert

Outside of the really big names, I don't have too much knoweldge on players ouside the OHL but here are four from Ontario to keep an eye on:

Gabriel Vilardi (C, Windsor) is one to really keep an eye on. He is right now the top 2017 draft eligible player in the OHL. Plays for Windsor and really grew as the season progressed. I'd say right now he would be a top 5 and could be 3rd overall if he continues. He will get a lot of exposure this year playing winth Windsor and they certainly are hoping he takes another step. Will be the #2C for Windsor next season behind Brown which should help him.

Owen Tippett (RW, Mississauga), may go top 10 but maybe a bit of a stretch as he needs a little more development to his all-around game, still tough to gauge after just one season in the O. But another player that will get a lot of exposure on a strong Steelheads roster that could be heading to the Mem Cup this year. He's a pure goal scorer and had very Julien Gauthier/Cy Young season.

Matthew Strome (LW, Hamilton), the younger brother of Ryan and Dylan. Some think he is the most talented of the bunch. Had a very good rookie year on one of the worst teams in the OHL putting up 38 points. Will likely be the #1 LW and go to guy for Hamilton next season. Has a lot of similarities to Dylan at the same age...physically strong, two-way player, smart playmaker, pass first mentality but does possess a good shot.

Ryan McLeod (C/LW, Mississauga) deserves an honorable mention but he may need to flip to wing (or have Bastian flip to wing) to have more impact. He could still play a sheltered role on that strong Steelheads team this year but is another strong 2-way player. (like his brother).

Right now I don't have a big defenceman to look out for. Usually they are more hidden on their rosters until their draft year. Few 2017 draft eligibles played top-4 minutes last year from my knowledge and recollection.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Goldendelicious View Post
    Outside of the really big names, I don't have too much knoweldge on players ouside the OHL but here are four from Ontario to keep an eye on:

Gabriel Vilardi (C, Windsor) is one to really keep an eye on. He is right now the top 2017 draft eligible player in the OHL. Plays for Windsor and really grew as the season progressed. I'd say right now he would be a top 5 and could be 3rd overall if he continues. He will get a lot of exposure this year playing winth Windsor and they certainly are hoping he takes another step. Will be the #2C for Windsor next season behind Brown which should help him.

Owen Tippett (RW, Mississauga), may go top 10 but maybe a bit of a stretch as he needs a little more development to his all-around game, still tough to gauge after just one season in the O. But another player that will get a lot of exposure on a strong Steelheads roster that could be heading to the Mem Cup this year. He's a pure goal scorer and had very Julien Gauthier/Cy Young season.

Matthew Strome (LW, Hamilton), the younger brother of Ryan and Dylan. Some think he is the most talented of the bunch. Had a very good rookie year on one of the worst teams in the OHL putting up 38 points. Will likely be the #1 LW and go to guy for Hamilton next season. Has a lot of similarities to Dylan at the same age...physically strong, two-way player, smart playmaker, pass first mentality but does possess a good shot.

Ryan McLeod (C/LW, Mississauga) deserves an honorable mention but he may need to flip to wing (or have Bastian flip to wing) to have more impact. He could still play a sheltered role on that strong Steelheads team this year but is another strong 2-way player. (like his brother).

Right now I don't have a big defenceman to look out for. Usually they are more hidden on their rosters until their draft year. Few 2017 draft eligibles played top-4 minutes last year from my knowledge and recollection.
    Nice list!
    Will be interesting to see if Tippett and McLeod end up helping each other's draft stock playing together.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Monster

Ryan McLeod is 2018 eligible I think. Good prospect, probably a very high 1st rounder like his bro.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO

LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Initiate

Here's an article with some names from Button, but it's from November: http://www.tsn.ca/get-to-know-them-p...-2017-1.389307

I thought I saw a more recent one, but am struggling to find it. Will post if I do.
    24 Team H2H Pts Cap Dyn
    4C 4LW 4RW 6D 1G 4B 27M

G (1) A (1) +/- (.25) PIM (.05) SOG (.05) PPP (.5) HIT (.05) BLK (.05) FOW (.01)
    W (1.75) GA (-1) SV (.1) SO (3)

C: Seguin, Kuznetsov, Trocheck, Johansen, Kostin
    LW: Benn, Lindblom, Dickinson, Kubalik
    RW: Tuch, Fabbri, Bjorkstrand, Terry
    D: Klingberg, Chabot, Girard, Spurgeon, C Miller, Theodore, Marino
    G: Hellebuyck, Berdin

C: Elvenes, Vorobyev, Spacek, Jones, Eyssimont, Daviddson, Shvyrev
    LW: Dorofyev, Koivula, Shalagin, Dugan, Cates, Ranta
    RW: Volkov, Fortier, Evans, Blichfeld, Legare, Tieksola
    D: Laaksonen, Gilbert, Pilut
    G: Samsonov, Sorokin, Knight, Zagidulin

Dobber Sports Master

Maxine Comtois of the Victoriaville Tigers (Tigres en Francais) is a big boy at over six feet tall, and he was one of the Q's top rookies in scoring with 60 points in 62 games.

Five foot nine offensive dynamo in Spokane, Kailer Yamamoto, has already drawn some comparisons to Johnny Gaudreau.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Initiate

I think Nicolas Hague (D, Mississauga) is a top-10 talent. 6'6, smooth skating defender impressed me in the handful of viewings I had of him last season.

Callan Foote (D, Kelowna) is likely another D that could make his way into the top-10.

One player I will be keeping an eye on is Kyle MacLean (LW, Oshawa). Battled injuries last season, but I like his skill set (shifty, good hands, skates well).
    24 Team H2H Pts Cap Dyn
    4C 4LW 4RW 6D 1G 4B 27M

G (1) A (1) +/- (.25) PIM (.05) SOG (.05) PPP (.5) HIT (.05) BLK (.05) FOW (.01)
    W (1.75) GA (-1) SV (.1) SO (3)

C: Seguin, Kuznetsov, Trocheck, Johansen, Kostin
    LW: Benn, Lindblom, Dickinson, Kubalik
    RW: Tuch, Fabbri, Bjorkstrand, Terry
    D: Klingberg, Chabot, Girard, Spurgeon, C Miller, Theodore, Marino
    G: Hellebuyck, Berdin

C: Elvenes, Vorobyev, Spacek, Jones, Eyssimont, Daviddson, Shvyrev
    LW: Dorofyev, Koivula, Shalagin, Dugan, Cates, Ranta
    RW: Volkov, Fortier, Evans, Blichfeld, Legare, Tieksola
    D: Laaksonen, Gilbert, Pilut
    G: Samsonov, Sorokin, Knight, Zagidulin

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

pretty hard to judge at this point. chychrun went from 2nd overall to falling out of the first half. i wonder who will be drafting that low...vancouver/toronto/edmonton all seem like locks, plus Vegas I suppose.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Damn, I thought I was hardcore.

A few hours after the 2016 draft and you guys are already talking 2017!

WHL (24-Team Daily H2H)
    Weighted Scoring: G(1),A(1),PPP(0.5),+/-(0.25), SOG/PIM/HIT/BLK(all 0.05), FOW-C(0.01)

Braham Pietasters
    C(3): Barkov, Seguin, N.Schmaltz
    LW(3): Gaudreau, Pacioretty, Hinostroza
    RW(3): Radulov, Mantha, Dadonov
    F(3): Bailey, Thornton, Vanek
    D(6): Josi, Jones, Krug, Leddy, Ellis, Miller
    G(1): Bishop (Sparks)
    Bench: T. Wilson (RW), Boyle (C), Pirri (C), Boyd (C)
    Farm: Myers (D), Husso (G), Soderstrom (G), Petersen (G), Anderson-Dolan (C), Pilut (D), Capobianco (D), Aho (D)

Dobber Sports Expert

Ryan McLeod is 2018 eligible I think. Good prospect, probably a very high 1st rounder like his bro.
    Yes you're right. Sept 21, so he'll miss the cut off. I remembered following him at the OHL Cup and of course through the draft along with the others. Didn't realize he had a later birthday however.

Dobber Sports Ace

Casey Mittelstadt
    12 team points only keeper (G = 1, A = 1, W = 2, SO = 2)
    Dress 6 forwards, 4 defensemen, 2 goalies, weekly starts
    Roster limit - 20 plus 4 prospects

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by glorybe23 View Post
    Damn, I thought I was hardcore.

A few hours after the 2016 draft and you guys are already talking 2017!

This is nothing, they're already talking about 2021 on HFBoards

LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Titan

This is nothing, they're already talking about 2021 on HFBoards
    Probably because that's when this little guy is first eligible. There are a few more videos of him floating around too.
    (I know it's two years old, but what can you do?)

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/m...ockey-prodigy/

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Probably because that's when this little guy is first eligible. There are a few more videos of him floating around too.
    (I know it's two years old, but what can you do?)

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/m...ockey-prodigy/
    I think the fact that we know about these prospects so early in their development is a testament to how much the fantasy sports world has grown. I used to think I knew a lot about hockey back in the day of reading the latest newspaper article and sifting through THN's yearbook (I knew how great Marion Hossa was going to be before you did, LOL). Now with the Internet, poolies can investigate preteens and their CORSI scores against other, lesser Peewee aged players. Pretty amazing. The true Golden Age of the Armchair Quarterback.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy