Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Deangelo in arizona

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Deangelo in arizona

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    If I understand it correctly, Arizona will pay Datsyuk nothing, but get "charged" a $7.5 million cap hit. Assuming they are close to a floor team, this deal could save them $7 million in cash. I think they might be pretty happy with that.
    Exactly, the Datsyuk contract means absolutely nothing to Arizona. They paid that 2nd rounder to move up 4 spots in the draft.... After getting Chychrun it seems like a pretty decent move. Plus now maybe Holland owes him a favor for helping out with the Datsyuk contract.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Yeah they are happy and it cost them dropping down 4 spots! That's nuts! The Arizona GM is a moron! What did Carolina get from Chicago for taking Bikells anchor of a contract? Yeah a top prospect. What did it cost Detroit? Sucker born every day! Arizona pays the contract not Detroit. Where did you get that info they don't?

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by ds760 View Post
    Yeah they are happy and it cost them dropping down 4 spots! That's nuts! The Arizona GM is a moron! What did Carolina get from Chicago for taking Bikells anchor of a contract? Yeah a top prospect. What did it cost Detroit? Sucker born every day! Arizona pays the contract not Detroit. Where did you get that info they don't?
    With Datsyuk retiring, the contract doesn't get paid, but it still counts against the cap until it expires.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I'm wondering if character issues is coming into play, beyond the obvious that Deangelo can't play defence to save his life...
    Do you think he is comparable to a Justin schultz type player
    12 team with 15 keepers weekly H2H categories (G,A,P.P.P,S.O.G,F.W,Hits,Blks,Pims, G.A.A,SV%,Wins and S.O)
    C/W Schenn Lindholm Keller Namestnikov PLD schmaltz
    C Giroux Stamkos Schiefele Kadri Brassard
    W Gaudreau Okposo Mantha Gallagher Rantanen beauviller
    D Byfuglien Josi Keith Jones Gudas Ellis
    G Schnieder ​Hellebuyck
    I.R Shaw
    Prospects (25 games or less)
    Gilles

The Great One

They also shed approx 1.5 million in salary so actually 6 million closer to the floor with 7.5 million not actually getting paid - as I detailed in another thread when you consider that Chych was a top 7-8 pick in Arizona's eyes (and addressed a need) that is what they acquired - I think this is a really shrewd deal that he isn't getting the credit for

The Great One

I think a lot of people are bashing this deal because they expected Datsyuk's contract to fetch another big asset. But Detroit knew Datskyuk's contrat was a benefit to Arizona. Everyone is acting like Arizona had Detroit by the balls, when I think the opposite is true. Arizona desperately wanted to move up, and was also probably very keen on eating Datsyuk's contract.

It wouldn't surprise me if there are a lot more of these type deals going on...

Dobber Sports Veteran

I don't mind Zona's longterm offensive outlook so maybe a lateral move fantasy-wise but as previously stated, the fact he was traded at all for a 2nd round pick is what lowers his value to me at the moment.
    12 tm pts only dynasty
    F (count 12): Bedard, Boldy, Beniers, Cooley, Michkov, Norris, Landeskog, Rossi, Reichel, Pelletier, Tomasino, Foerster, Bordeleau, Lysell, Wahlstrom, Bourque, Stankoven, Nazar, Othmann, Ostlund, O.Moore
    D (count 6): McAvoy, Kylington, Byram, Boqvist, Perunovich, Lundkvist, L.Hughes, Zellweger, Morrow
    G (count 2): Askarov, Wallstedt, Wolf, Kochetkov, Levi
    3 round draft and 1 waiver per team per year

Administrator

The deal probably helps him get to the NHL but I don't see him getting past PP2 anytime soon.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    The deal probably helps him get to the NHL but I don't see him getting past PP2 anytime soon.
    Honestly he was unlikely to see PP1 in Tampa Bay either. This is likely lateral, but getting to the show earlier is great for him. Not a lot left to prove in the AHL, other than putting together his defensive game, so it's better he gets a chance to see what he can do with the big club. Shelter his minutes and work on his game while they see how he does offensively. Plus Tippet has been great at developing young talent.
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    I don't like it. Something fishy. TBL gave up on him quickly, there was no obvious reason for it, and they gave up a lower pick than when they drafted him even though it was FAR too soon to give up on him. They gave up on him as if he was a 23-year-old fading prospect (such as Grimaldi), when he's in fact a 20-year-old. There is something underlying here and I don't like it. I would have drafted him first round in my draft. Now I wouldn't take him in the second round. I'd settle for third. Potential TJ Brennan? I don't like it, doesn't feel right at all.
    Yeah. It's troubling when a first rounder who has had a couple years to develop is valued less than the 37th overall player in the current draft - and perhaps who knows how much lower TB would have gone. Is there something off-ice going on? Saw someone make a veiled reference to that but couldn't pin down what it was about.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I think a lot of people are bashing this deal because they expected Datsyuk's contract to fetch another big asset. But Detroit knew Datskyuk's contrat was a benefit to Arizona. Everyone is acting like Arizona had Detroit by the balls, when I think the opposite is true. Arizona desperately wanted to move up, and was also probably very keen on eating Datsyuk's contract.

It wouldn't surprise me if there are a lot more of these type deals going on...
    Yeah, this is different than the Chicago deal. Arizona is a team trying to hit the cap floor - Datsyuk's contract was a + for them. Arizona gets the player they wanted, likely knowing that he wouldn't be available at 20, and picks up cap (not actual cash) to hit the floor and save their owner penalties. Detroit gets rid Datsyuk's contract, and a 2nd rounder for going down 4 spots. It seems ideal for both parties.
    1 year 10 man H2H weekly line-ups
    G (2) A (1.5) PP/SHP (1) GWG (1) SoG (.1) Hit (.05) PIM (.05) BLK (.15)
    W (3) SO (2) GA (-.5) SV (.1)

Start 2C 2LW 2RW 2F 4D 2G
    C: Crosby, Getzlaf
    LW: Benn, Rantanen
    RW: Pastrnak, M. Stone
    F: D. Sedin, Johansen
    D: Ristolainen, Krug, Hamilton, OEL
    G: Bobrovsky, Dubnyk
    Bench: J. Carter, Schenn, Leddy, Faulk, Pacioretty

Dobber Sports Expert

As is don't understand that trade even a bit, i tried to find out what could be wrong with DeAngelo. Here's what i found:

http://www.theobserver.ca/2014/02/14...n-for-deangelo
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sarnia-...232527684.html

I also found an Yzerman quote from 2014, just after the draft.

"We think he's a great offensive talent, he's a great skater, a chance to be a real good top-4 defenseman in the NHL...We did our homework. With the people he's played for, played with, his family .. we think this is a young man with great potential. We've talked about the suspensions ... he's gonna have to change if he's gonna make it as a professional. These kids are 18-19 .. they're gonna change. We expect him to change for the better."
    So he obviously didn't change.

The Great One

Not sure if I can agree with the 'he obviously didn't change' comment as both of these pre date Yzerman's comments and his drafting? Though Yzerman's alludes that he has to change his current quotes on him doesn't suggest that he didn't change

Thats ts the confusing thing as with a players bad attitude/questionable behaviour these things always get out (see KANE, Evander) but there is nothing to be found since the draft (though I have been lazy and just googled his name lol)

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Not sure if I can agree with the 'he obviously didn't change' comment as both of these pre date Yzerman's comments and his drafting? Though Yzerman's alludes that he has to change his current quotes on him doesn't suggest that he didn't change

Thats ts the confusing thing as with a players bad attitude/questionable behaviour these things always get out (see KANE, Evander) but there is nothing to be found since the draft (though I have been lazy and just googled his name lol)
    The fact that he gave him away for just a 2nd round pick tells me that he didn't change. He was so high on him and suddenly he trades him for that return. Something is wrong here, i know that DeAngelo can't play defense, but that's still something you can work on. So for me, it has to be character issues.

The Great One

Yzerman on DeAngelo: "We think Anthony is an outstanding young prospect. (Trade) more about Libor Hajek than Anthony DeAngelo." #tblightning

Though I wouldn't expect Stevie Y to say anything else there is also a quote from DeAngelo's father explaining that he's happier that there now seems to be a path to the NHL for his son.

Total conjecture, but that's all we have, but after the fall out from the Drouin trade request and how messy that got maybe DeAngelo also asked for one (especially after seeing Koekk jump over him) and there was a gentlemen's agreement not to disclose this at the promise at a trade (heck based on the return the Jackets got for Rychel, who apparently also asked to be traded it seems, I don't blame them if they did - still don't like that trade for the Jackets as it makes no real sense).