Thread: Who do you like better with what team?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Who do you like better with what team?

So, with all of the rumours and pundit speculation, who do you like better on different teams?

Laine with leafs? With Winnipeg? With Columbus?

Matthews with leafs? With Winnipeg?

Puljujarvi with Winnipeg? With the Columbus or whoever they trade down with?

What is the best landing spot of these teams for these players?

And discuss.......!

10 Team, Points Only, Full Keeper, Salary Cap league (AAV)
    30 player max(main roster only)
    12 F, 6D, 2G(Weekly Line-up) count toward points (G=1/A=1/W=2/SO=+1/SOL=1)

F: -P. Kane, Benn, Schiefele, Laine, Eichel, S. Reinhart, Ehlers, Schmaltz, Bailey, Panik, Eaves, Zetterberg, Steen, Beauvillier, C. Fischer

D: - Byfuglien, Matheson, Hanifin, Ekholm, Djoos, Butcher, Sanheim

G: - Dubnyk, Lundqvist, Shesterkin

Picks :
    2018 : 1st, 4th, 4th
    2019 : 2nd
    2020 : 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re: Who do you like better with what team?

The Leafs ARE going to be good eventually.
    They have a stock of good young kids, they have a good coach, they'll spend cap funds...
    Actual money flow is not a problem even with CDN dollar disparity.

Winnipeg, Columbus, these teams will have internal budgets to deal with.
    They just won't be locks to surround their players with huge talent and I don't currently see an elite playmaker on either team.

So... Matthews on Toronto... for me, is an 80+pt long-term guy.
    I like Laine & Puljujarvi... but I think we'll see them more as 70pt type guys... maybe sort of like Landeskog in COL.

Three years from now, TOR is going to have 5 guys on their PP1 that form a very dynamic bunch.
    30-40pt PPP to go around.
    That's what I really want to get out of a fantasy player... is to have him with dynamic teammates to elevate him in 80+pt range.

Though, sometimes you just need that ONE other good player, such as when DAL was able to bring in Seguin to go with Benn.

Dobber Sports Expert

Well Matthews is going to the Leafs so we can end that there.

Laine I like better than Pul with Winnipeg simply because Winnipeg lacks high end scorers which Laine nudges Pul. Pul is more complete but I think Winnipeg has a big enough prospect pool with solid contributors for the bottom 9 that they need to add better scoring talent up front.

Pul is great for Columbus. I don't see them trading down. Teams in the top 10 are going to be hesitant to move based on the prospect depth of this draft and the additional assets required to give up for moving up. Columbus may ultimately desire Brown or Jost as rumored to be coveting a C, but I still think they keep the pick. Overall, I'd love to see Pul in Calgary and getting to play alongside Monahan or Bennett, but thats a very low possibility. They'll likely be able to land Dubois or Tkachuk if they want to go with a winger and be very happy with that.

Overall short term, I think Laine has the best impact points wise but Matthews will be the top player both overall and points wise 3+ years down the road.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Goldendelicious View Post
    Well Matthews is going to the Leafs so we can end that there.

Laine I like better than Pul with Winnipeg simply because Winnipeg lacks high end scorers which Laine nudges Pul. Pul is more complete but I think Winnipeg has a big enough prospect pool with solid contributors for the bottom 9 that they need to add better scoring talent up front.

Pul is great for Columbus. I don't see them trading down. Teams in the top 10 are going to be hesitant to move based on the prospect depth of this draft and the additional assets required to give up for moving up. Columbus may ultimately desire Brown or Jost as rumored to be coveting a C, but I still think they keep the pick. Overall, I'd love to see Pul in Calgary and getting to play alongside Monahan or Bennett, but thats a very low possibility. They'll likely be able to land Dubois or Tkachuk if they want to go with a winger and be very happy with that.

Overall short term, I think Laine has the best impact points wise but Matthews will be the top player both overall and points wise 3+ years down the road.
    Golden, you stole all the points I wanted to make!
    I really like Laine with someone that can create space and make a play like Scheifele.

Pulj adds to a nice cast of wingers in CLB, making it more attractive for a C to want to join, and makes others like Atkinson/Saad a little more expendable to be able to trade for that C.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Deity

I like who ever is not being coached by Torts more.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I like who ever is not being coached by Torts more.
    Hopefully by the end of the season it's none of them.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Hopefully by the end of the season it's none of them.
    So true!

10 Team, Points Only, Full Keeper, Salary Cap league (AAV)
    30 player max(main roster only)
    12 F, 6D, 2G(Weekly Line-up) count toward points (G=1/A=1/W=2/SO=+1/SOL=1)

F: -P. Kane, Benn, Schiefele, Laine, Eichel, S. Reinhart, Ehlers, Schmaltz, Bailey, Panik, Eaves, Zetterberg, Steen, Beauvillier, C. Fischer

D: - Byfuglien, Matheson, Hanifin, Ekholm, Djoos, Butcher, Sanheim

G: - Dubnyk, Lundqvist, Shesterkin

Picks :
    2018 : 1st, 4th, 4th
    2019 : 2nd
    2020 : 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th