Thread: Raptors Draft

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Raptors Draft

Can't say I have followed the draft class too much for this. Any ideas who the Raps may be targeting with 9 and 27?
    The Canadian Jamal Murray would be a good story, but I don't think he drops that far.

Lots of others are saying we can trade one or both picks for some help now (specifically PF). No idea who we would be targeting with that however...

Either way, it's a nice appetizer for the NHL draft tomorrow night.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Raptors Draft

Well that was some really thrilling discussion here during the draft last night!
    I guess I overestimated the pull of a draft and how much everyone here was fully just looking at the hockey draft.

To recap, some slightly unconventional picks by the Raptors, but two good, big, athletic players. Jakob Poeltl was taken ninth, and apparently he is more NBA ready than a lot of the other first round picks. I like the fit, and I think it's good that he can help them right away.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Can't say I have followed the draft class too much for this. Any ideas who the Raps may be targeting with 9 and 27?
    The Canadian Jamal Murray would be a good story, but I don't think he drops that far.

Lots of others are saying we can trade one or both picks for some help now (specifically PF). No idea who we would be targeting with that however...

Either way, it's a nice appetizer for the NHL draft tomorrow night.
    Was really hoping the "local" (well local to me) boy would slip to the Raptors.

Dobber Sports Titan

I like him too, and he's going to be a great player, but the other thing is that the Raps are at least 5 deep on guards. We needed forwards, and that's what we got. I'm kind of glad he went earlier so they weren't tempted.

Dobber Sports Titan

First pick was super safe, but he won’t be an NBA PF. He’s a centre. Nothing to boast about but will be an NBA’r likely for a while. But on multiple teams.

2nd pick I like. He’s much more raw than Poetltle, but he can be better. He’s like 6’10”, but a wingspan of like 7’2”. He’ll be like Biyombo.

HOWEVER. You don’t leave a guy like Davis up on the board that late, especially for someone you could have taken mid 2nd round!
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll