Thread: Osuna for Maeda -- REP

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Osuna for Maeda -- REP

Simple. My Maeda, his Osuna, full dynasty, W, SV, H, K, Whip, ERA.

Who do you like (and hopefully you add a why)?

The baseball forum needs some activity, so I'll toss out some REP to get this ball rolling.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Wolverine

Default Re: Osuna for Maeda -- REP

Disclaimer - I only play in one-year leagues and I don't watch any games.

Need more information:

- What type of league (H2H, roto etc)?
    - How many teams?
    - What does the rest of your roster look like?
    - How many do you start in each position?

Impossible to give you any advice without that info.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    Disclaimer - I only play in one-year leagues and I don't watch any games.

Need more information:

- What type of league (H2H, roto etc)?
    - How many teams?
    - What does the rest of your roster look like?
    - How many do you start in each position?

Impossible to give you any advice without that info.
    My thinking was that teams are deep enough that none of that mattered too much, but I guess I didn't state that.

H2H
    20 teams (Rosters of 25 + 5DL)
    3SP
    3RP
    2P
    Rest of my pitching:
    Buchholz
    Urias
    Norris
    Uehara
    Ohlendorf
    Vizxaino
    Torres
    Shoemaker
    Happ
    Maeda
    Hammel
    Dickey
    Darvish DL
    G. Holland NA
    Perkins DL
    Richards DL
    Wheeler DL

I'm not likely making the playoffs this year (just took over the team a few weeks ago).
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    My thinking was that teams are deep enough that none of that mattered too much, but I guess I didn't state that.

H2H
    20 teams (Rosters of 25 + 5DL)
    3SP
    3RP
    2P
    Rest of my pitching:
    Buchholz
    Urias
    Norris
    Uehara
    Ohlendorf
    Vizxaino
    Torres
    Shoemaker
    Happ
    Maeda
    Hammel
    Dickey
    Darvish DL
    G. Holland NA
    Perkins DL
    Richards DL
    Wheeler DL

I'm not likely making the playoffs this year (just took over the team a few weeks ago).
    How many batter categories are there? How's your offense in general? I wonder if it's worth just punting saves each week and keep Maeda and rely on your hitters, starting pitchers and occasional hold guys. As mentioned I can't fully appreciate the dynasty aspect but on the surface I'm not sure about trading a solid starter for a closer. Especially on a weekly basis I would assume closers are less valuable given the lack of predictability of their usage.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    How many batter categories are there? How's your offense in general? I wonder if it's worth just punting saves each week and keep Maeda and rely on your hitters, starting pitchers and occasional hold guys. As mentioned I can't fully appreciate the dynasty aspect but on the surface I'm not sure about trading a solid starter for a closer. Especially on a weekly basis I would assume closers are less valuable given the lack of predictability of their usage.
    Batting is R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, OPS, and my players are around the middle of the pack as far as the league goes (a healthy Brantley would get me a lot farther).

Punting saves is worth considering, however I'm not sure I agree with that variability bit, as closers usually get 2-3 appearances per week. Starters to me are where it varies more in my opinion, since you get anywhere from something like 4-15 innings in a week.

It's a tough call for me because I like Maeda, and he should be a solid guy down the road, but Osuna has already been so dominant, is just as young and gets me saves (which I don't have many of, and are scarce in a deep league like this). I feel that my starters are pretty good as far as our league goes, especially since I have Giolito coming up soon as well.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

If you are not winning this year, this may be a trade I would do. Getting Osuna gives you two young closers in Vizcaino and Osuna. The one caveat to this is that Toronto periodically discusses converting Osuna back to a SP. If that happens in future seasons, you are no worse off as you now have a SP with similar K potential but 7 years younger. To me, Pull the trade and check the waiver wire to see if you can improve your SP. I might take a look to see if Drew Hutchinson is available as TOR has Sanchez on an IP limit and WILL be moving him to the bullpen and have a few other SP struggling. You may also want to check out Tyler Anderson for some possible sneaky K potential in COL.
    Former Dobber Baseball Writer/Contributor - Top 150 Hitters, Top 100 SP and Top 50 RP Rankings.

Main Roster:
    C: Robert Thomas, Ryan O'Reilly, Casey Mittlestaddt, Vincent Trockhek, Dylan Strome, Brock Nelson, Troy Terry, Colin White
    RW: Nikita Kucherov, Sam Reinhart, Vladimir Tarasenko, Mats Zucarello,
    LW: Jason Robertson, Nikolaj Ehlers, Max Comtois, Zach Hyman, Christian Dvorak, James VanRiemsdyk, Andrew Mangiapane
    D: Erik Karlsson, Shea Theodore, John Klingberg, Travis Sanheim, Mike Reilly
    G: Carey Price, Juuse Saros, Elvis Merzlikins, Petr Mrazek

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by MacLiii View Post
    If you are not winning this year, this may be a trade I would do. Getting Osuna gives you two young closers in Vizcaino and Osuna. The one caveat to this is that Toronto periodically discusses converting Osuna back to a SP. If that happens in future seasons, you are no worse off as you now have a SP with similar K potential but 7 years younger. To me, Pull the trade and check the waiver wire to see if you can improve your SP. I might take a look to see if Drew Hutchinson is available as TOR has Sanchez on an IP limit and WILL be moving him to the bullpen and have a few other SP struggling. You may also want to check out Tyler Anderson for some possible sneaky K potential in COL.
    Appreciate the feedback, thanks! I hadn't taken it initially, but I may circle back now and see if there is a deal to be worked out. Anderson is owned, and has been for a few years. Hutchinson is not at the moment, so I will keep an eye on him. Apparently he may get called up to help the bullpen soon.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

If he gets called up I believe it would be as a SP to take the slot of struggling Stroman/Estrada or to start when they move Sanchez to the pen for his IP limitations this season.
    Former Dobber Baseball Writer/Contributor - Top 150 Hitters, Top 100 SP and Top 50 RP Rankings.

Main Roster:
    C: Robert Thomas, Ryan O'Reilly, Casey Mittlestaddt, Vincent Trockhek, Dylan Strome, Brock Nelson, Troy Terry, Colin White
    RW: Nikita Kucherov, Sam Reinhart, Vladimir Tarasenko, Mats Zucarello,
    LW: Jason Robertson, Nikolaj Ehlers, Max Comtois, Zach Hyman, Christian Dvorak, James VanRiemsdyk, Andrew Mangiapane
    D: Erik Karlsson, Shea Theodore, John Klingberg, Travis Sanheim, Mike Reilly
    G: Carey Price, Juuse Saros, Elvis Merzlikins, Petr Mrazek

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by MacLiii View Post
    If he gets called up I believe it would be as a SP to take the slot of struggling Stroman/Estrada or to start when they move Sanchez to the pen for his IP limitations this season.
    I was thinking along the same lines, though it is being reported otherwise. Who really knows though until it happens.