Thread: 1,2,3 year window. Talbot or Rinne

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default 1,2,3 year window. Talbot or Rinne

I'm not sure where Rinne will be in 3 years because of his age, injury history, and declining stats. So I think Talbot would be the choice long term here. Rinne is still on a bonafide playoff team with some pretty solid D playing in front of him. I guess after the draft this Friday Edmonton can also have acquired a Dman or two. Which goalie would you rather own in a 1,2,3 year window? Talbot or Rinne.

Start 2 G
    W, GA, Sv%, SO

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: 1,2,3 year window. Talbot or Rinne

Obviously you would re-evaluate as you move forward, but if I had to choose just one right now, I would pick Rinne. Bigger body of work and a better team at the moment. Talbot still has a lot to prove and Edmonton has to prove they know how to do anything right, let alone improve their D.

Dobber Sports Titan

Yr 1: Rinne
    Yr 2: Coin flip that is swayed more to Edmonton proportionally to how good their top pair D is.
    Yr 3: Talbot, unless Edmonton is still in the basement, then we realize they are cursed and you keep Rinne.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Rinne, for me.
    A lot could still happen with Talbot... he has huge upside, but I'm not waiting 2yrs over a sure thing like Rinne.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

This is very dependent on what shakes out over the next couple weeks. I would go Rinne, coin flip, Talbot, year by year.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.