Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Jesse Puljujärvi!!!

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Jesse Puljujärvi!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post
    I would argue Puljujarvi > Laine. Just a more complete player whose overall tool-kit is going to serve him very well in the NHL. Puljujarvi is a significantly better skater, more burst and top speed than Laine, despite Laine's elusive skating. I just think Pulju has a better two-way game and can impact the game in any number of ways. His game away from the puck will develop in time because of his immense hockey IQ.

Full blown stud
    There are a few people who agree with you, myself included. Even Bob McKenzie reported yesterday that he thinks Puljujarvi could potentially be taken by Winnipeg.
    14T BiWeekly H2H. 4 C/RW/LW, 6 D, 2 G
    Cats:G(3), A(1.5), PIM(0.2), PPP(1), SOG(0.2), GWG(1), SHP(2), Hits(0.3), BkS(0.4). W(2), SO(2), OTL(0.5), SV(0.2), GA(-1), L(-1). 9 Keepers in Bold. 12 player Farm team (skaters under 110, goalies under 80 gp) in italics

LW - Gaudreau, Forsberg, Parise, Hyman (C)
    C - Backstrom, Getzlaf, N Foligno (LW/RW), Kotkaniemi, Carter (LW/RW)
    RW - Tarasenko, Rantanen, Arvidsson, Atkinson, Gourde (C/LW), Mikheyev (RW)
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Ellis, Klingberg, Fox, Andersson
    G - Murray, Grubauer

Prospects -Rossi, Turcotte, Kravstov, Tippett, Bouchard, Lehtonen, K Miller, Addison, DeSmith, Kahkonen, Ingram, Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post
    I would argue Puljujarvi > Laine. Just a more complete player whose overall tool-kit is going to serve him very well in the NHL. Puljujarvi is a significantly better skater, more burst and top speed than Laine, despite Laine's elusive skating. I just think Pulju has a better two-way game and can impact the game in any number of ways. His game away from the puck will develop in time because of his immense hockey IQ.

Full blown stud
    in real life AND FANTASY?

I'm taking Laine still over Puljujarvi in most fantasy leagues. Ones 2 way prowess usually doesn't hold as much value in fantasy. NO?

but in Real life, I agree that these two are pretty much neck and neck. (Still think Laine gets selected 2nd. It would take a large set of brass ones for the Jets to select Pulju 2nd overall at this point. But maybe it would pay off)

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

he's going to be better than Laine.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    he's going to be better than Laine.
    Says a couple scouts. Seems the general consensus still feel #2 is Laine's to loose.

Brass balls for the wings to make that move. But considering their slower than slow cautious handling of Helle... I'd bet a chunk of change on the Jet's taking Laine

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Says a couple scouts. Seems the general consensus still feel #2 is Laine's to loose.

Brass balls for the wings to make that move. But considering their slower than slow cautious handling of Helle... I'd bet a chunk of change on the Jet's taking Laine
    I think Puljujarvi is the better prospect, and I think he'll surprise people with how talented he is offensively. He just won't score more goals than Laine (I'll bet that he ends up with more points over his career).

I'd still bet on the Jets taking Laine though, and honestly it's probably the right move. I think the Jets lack a true sniper. Laine is that, and I think he could do very well on that team.
    14T BiWeekly H2H. 4 C/RW/LW, 6 D, 2 G
    Cats:G(3), A(1.5), PIM(0.2), PPP(1), SOG(0.2), GWG(1), SHP(2), Hits(0.3), BkS(0.4). W(2), SO(2), OTL(0.5), SV(0.2), GA(-1), L(-1). 9 Keepers in Bold. 12 player Farm team (skaters under 110, goalies under 80 gp) in italics

LW - Gaudreau, Forsberg, Parise, Hyman (C)
    C - Backstrom, Getzlaf, N Foligno (LW/RW), Kotkaniemi, Carter (LW/RW)
    RW - Tarasenko, Rantanen, Arvidsson, Atkinson, Gourde (C/LW), Mikheyev (RW)
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Ellis, Klingberg, Fox, Andersson
    G - Murray, Grubauer

Prospects -Rossi, Turcotte, Kravstov, Tippett, Bouchard, Lehtonen, K Miller, Addison, DeSmith, Kahkonen, Ingram, Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Rookie

What's everyone thinking on Laine vs Pul after the draft? What are the odds we see a first line of Hall-McD-Puljujarvi in the near future? Does that possibility push him over Laine in value?

Need smarter hockey minds than mine to answer these questions please!

Dobber Sports Expert

I had Laine has the best prospect (fantasy) in this draft , and it hasn't changed. Puljujarvi going to Edmonton made him close to Matthews though. In a deep roto league, I'd think a lot about Puljujarvi over Matthews because Puljujarvi is a winger (position scarcity) and that he could be that left side one-timer the Oilers never had on their PP (Eberle can't one-time it).
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by yougo View Post
    I had Laine has the best prospect (fantasy) in this draft , and it hasn't changed. Puljujarvi going to Edmonton made him close to Matthews though. In a deep roto league, I'd think a lot about Puljujarvi over Matthews because Puljujarvi is a winger (position scarcity) and that he could be that left side one-timer the Oilers never had on their PP (Eberle can't one-time it).
    I'm with Yougo. It's a very tight ranking of:
    Laine
    Matthews
    Pulj
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Laine
    Mathews
    Puj

Still for me in fantasy.