Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: It's Been Asked Before.. How Far to you Go for McDavid?

Dobber Sports Stud

Default It's Been Asked Before.. How Far Do You Go for McDavid?

Usually I'm on these boards either talking people off the ledge for throwing their whole team at McDavid owners or encouraging the swap as you have to overpay to get someone like him at his age.. It all depends on the situation.

Well.. I've got a situation for you all to weigh in on.

For some reason, the McDavid owner has opened a bidding war on the youngster.

I tabled Tarasenko, Ehlers and a 1st. Respectable to me. Even maybe a touch expensive. It was flat of rejected.

I've convinced him that's he's not getting Karlsson and Jones straight up for CMD but his ask now is EK, Hellebuyck and Ehlers.

I can't pay that kinda freight, even with my Crazy depth.

How far on top of Karlsson would you go? I could ship him those three but I'd need more back..Realistic guys I could get being Mark Stone? Duclair? Ryan or Dylan Strome, the #5 pick in this year's draft..

Thoughts, Reps, ideas to make it so.. are all virtually high fived. I find it extremely insightful to hear others opinions, so as to not over/under value my own players.

I also dislike overpaying ever, but as mentioned before, this is the kid to overpay for. I'm due after years of dominating trades to get this team anyways.

K, cool beans.
    Staff Writer for DobberHockey
    Associate Editor/Senior Writer and Scout for DobberProspects - Vancouver Canucks

Keep on, keepin' on.

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: It's Been Asked Before.. How Far to you Go for McDavid?

I've seen your team in other threads and it is completely stacked. If you can go back to Tank and then adding more pieces to that, I jump on it. It is really tough to want to part with big pieces on top of Karlsson for McDavid. If you could bring up your team again (I'm not sure which thread to look in to find it) then it would probably help everyone to see what might work best for you.
    Bottom line though, if the price is right, pay it, otherwise enjoy your stacked team, and let someone else trade their roster for McDavid and then sit in the basement.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Demi-God

League size, roster size, keeper number, scoring categories...
    There's just no generic way to analyze this without at least 90% of the key numbers info provided.

Dobber Sports Stud

Sorry. An edit kicked the info out. Sig is up and running meow!
    Associate Editor/Senior Writer and Scout for DobberProspects - Vancouver Canucks

Keep on, keepin' on.

Dobber Sports Titan

Tank, Kopi, Kessel, Buff, Gio. Give him a pick of two of those, and add a first. That's as high as I would go.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Stud

He desperately wants a goalie Included in there.. Three for one seems too high but perhaps is I got Dylan Strome back it could work?

Keep on, keepin' on.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Would he at all be interested in Ovechkin+ for McDavid?
    Now's a great time to deal Ovechkin, who has his lowest value in Points-Only (basically your league) but had good supplemental points from +/-.

Ovechkin + Kessel, for McDavid.
    Two players, OV/Kessel, that have insanely high value in most other fantasy formats that heavily weight goals, shooting, etc.
    That would be my offer.

Dobber Sports Pro

I agree with Eskimo. I'd be fine with giving up any two of Tank, Kopi, Kessel, Buff, Gio and a 1st.

If he so desperately wants a goalie, I'd be okay with including Hellebuyck or Vasilevskiy as one of the two players going his way, but definitely not in addition to two players from the previous list. I don't think getting Dylan Strome back is attractive enough to change that. Maybe if you were getting Mark Stone back.

Tank, Hellebuyck, 1st rounder for McDavid... yeah, I'd probably do that if he was willing.

Dobber Sports Titan

If you do have to deal a goalie, then it should be Helle, as he may be in the AHL all season after all. Hutchinson just signed a two year deal.
    I like the Ovie idea though Pengwin.

Dobber Sports Pro

I see the merit in the Ovie suggestion... particularly 5 years down the road when Ovechkin is 35 and Tank is 29. I misread the categories before and thought that SOG were counted, which led me to value Ovechkin more than he should be in this league. Without SOG/Hits he is not the complete juggernaut that he is in my league. Give up Ovie instead of Tank if you can get away with it....

Dobber Sports Giant

I would try Ovechkin, Vas and a 1st. Vasilevskiy is sexier than Ehlers; especially if he wants a goalie. You can sell him the idea that Vas will more likely than not be a starter in 2 years considering the expansion draft will force Tampa to protect the younger less costly goalie over Bishop.

Worst case scenario, I would add Ehlers to the mix, remove the 1st round pick and ask for a prospect in return.
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Stud

I'm loving all of these suggestions. I would definitely prefer to move Hellebuyck than Vasilevskiy, but depending on the package, either could go.

Ovechkin is an interesting name to bring up..one that I haven't tried yet. I guess it seems like his value is muted a bit because he's broken past the dreaded 30 year barrier and that's like the plague in my league. I'll throw idea out there to him though.

I also like the idea of giving him the list of guys and saying pick two and maybe adding a first rounder to it.. those firsts don't mean a whole lot to me at this stage of the game and I can always procure another down the road.

Tarasenko, Hellebuyck and a pick would be something I could live with despite it appearing to me as an overpayment.

Keep on, keepin' on.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Joe Davola View Post
    Ovechkin is an interesting name to bring up..one that I haven't tried yet. I guess it seems like his value is muted a bit because he's broken past the dreaded 30 year barrier and that's like the plague in my league. I'll throw idea out there to him though.
    Ovechkin had just 21 assists last season.
    He's really struggling to mark up an assist.
    In points-only pools... this is a serious concern... because the goal-scoring will die down.
    http://espn.go.com/nhl/player/stats/.../alex-ovechkin

I much rather invest in older playmakers.
    Just look at the 36-year old Joe Thornton this year... 82pts!

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Ovechkin had just 21 assists last season.
    He's really struggling to mark up an assist.
    In points-only pools... this is a serious concern... because the goal-scoring will die down.
    http://espn.go.com/nhl/player/stats/.../alex-ovechkin

I much rather invest in older playmakers.
    Just look at the 36-year old Joe Thornton this year... 82pts!
    Oh yeah, I'd gladly include Ovi in this package. He's a fun player to own, but in my setup he's more of a top 10-15 guy than a powerhouse producer in other formats. I doubt his age and his point totals will get this McDavid owner too fired up though. I'll be dangling AO though!

Keep on, keepin' on.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Maybe if he asked for Karlsson/Jones, you consider coming back and saying "I can offer you Ovechkin/Jones, if you add something (small) to McDavid."
    Personally, I don't think you need anything more... but you do want to over-ask just so he can "WIN" by... maybe... settling back on just McDavid.

As for Jones, his value is at his highest.
    With Marleau/Thornton... SJ is still an aging team and best to sell him high while you can, IMO.