Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Andersen or Hell-boy?

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Andersen or Hell-boy?

I definitely don't disagree with you on the conference bit. Lots to like in both cities going forward, but Toronto has things stacked a little more in their favour.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Andersen or Hell-boy?

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Gotta say Anderson for me Aswell. Call Me naive or even stupid, but I don't see the leafs rebuild going anything like the Oilers.

Exceptional Goalie? Check
    Best OHL player last year? Check
    One of the best AHL players last year? Check
    1st overall pick? Check
    Potential to land 1 or two of the most highly sought after FA's? Check check.

Not so sure Toronto will be all the more inferior to thee jets in the next couple years.
    The exceptional goaltender part is too early to claim. Andersen has been an average or slightly above average goaltender in terms of save percentage and adjusted save percentage thus far in his career. He has not been exceptional.

He may very well end up at that level and has plenty of time to grow as he's played less than 200 NHL games but we can't get too ahead of ourselves here.

For the question at hand, Andersen is the guy to own today but that could certainly change in a couple of seasons. I like Hellebuyck's skill set a lot more than Andersen's but Freddie is in a far better situation with that trade and new contract. Winnipeg appears to be taking the slow-cook approach with Helle so the wait time will obviously be longer.
    Staff Writer for DobberHockey
    Associate Editor/Senior Writer and Scout for DobberProspects - Vancouver Canucks

Keep on, keepin' on.