Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Andersen or Hell-boy?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Andersen or Hell-boy?

Who is worth more in a keeper with points for Wins & Shutouts only?

Seems like pretty comparable situations with young, elite talent coming up.

Andersen is more proven but Hell-Boy has the looks of an elite starter.

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Andersen or Hell-boy?

Until Pavelec is gone, I go with Andersen. However once he is gone, it's a coin flip.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Same situation with Bernier in Toronto. Both incumbents are there for 1 more year max.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by CallMeJerry View Post
    Same situation with Bernier in Toronto. Both incumbents are there for 1 more year max.
    The difference I see is that Andersen comes in as a starter and has the new shiny contract, whereas Helle is the young guy still trying to push his way through.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

True. Seems like the Winnipeg D is way better though. Now and in the future.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by CallMeJerry View Post
    True. Seems like the Winnipeg D is way better though. Now and in the future.
    The personnel may be better at the moment, but the 'peg system is sadly lacking. Toronto probably has a FA D or two coming in as well to fill out some spots.

Dobber Sports Superstar

I'd take Andersen now as well, in a heartbeat.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Veteran

Andersen for me too, not overly close right now.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Gotta say Anderson for me Aswell. Call Me naive or even stupid, but I don't see the leafs rebuild going anything like the Oilers.

Exceptional Goalie? Check
    Best OHL player last year? Check
    One of the best AHL players last year? Check
    1st overall pick? Check
    Potential to land 1 or two of the most highly sought after FA's? Check check.

Not so sure Toronto will be all the more inferior to thee jets in the next couple years.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Easily Andersen for me. The talk with Helleybuck is all potential right now, but he hasn't shown much of anything in the NHL yet. And his potential isn't pegged to be significantly higher than Andersen's anyways.

Dobber Sports Stud

I usually go for "proven" over "potential", but in this case, I really like Hellebuyck's upside, he's my pick.
    Yahoo! 1 year league, 9 teams, Points only [G (3pts), A (2pts), PPP (1pt), Hits (0.1pt) *** W (4pts), Goals Against (-2pts), SV (0.2pt), SO (3pms)
    C: McDavid, Couturier, Kopitar, D.Strome
    LW: Guentzel, Connor, Miller, Kaprizov
    RW: Stamkos, Stone, Teravainen, Tatar
    D: Dahlin, Theodore, Andersson, Dumba
    G: Shersterkin, Talbot

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Andersen for me.
    Winnipeg is still quite a distance away, IMO, from being a top team.
    Toronto's rise should be fairly quick... mostly, this is W&SO only... so if TOR starts gunning wins out 5-4, that's just fine.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Andersen for me.
    Winnipeg is still quite a distance away, IMO, from being a top team.
    Toronto's rise should be fairly quick... mostly, this is W&SO only... so if TOR starts gunning wins out 5-4, that's just fine.
    I could see Winnipeg as the other best bet in the league to gun out 5-4 wins as well though. But as I said before, because of the different systems I do like the Leafs more and I could see more 4-3 or 3-2 than 5-4.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Kofax View Post
    Easily Andersen for me. The talk with Helleybuck is all potential right now, but he hasn't shown much of anything in the NHL yet. And his potential isn't pegged to be significantly higher than Andersen's anyways.
    Well to be fair, Andersen only has 99 games more under his belt (an 88 ''games started'' difference as Andersen was called in relief 11 times over his 3 seasons). Of course this is not a small number from a goalie's perspective, but on paper, it's just 2 extra seasons. Just for kicks, here are both goalies' stats:

Andersen: 125gp (114gs), 77-26-12, 2.33, .918, 6so
    Hellebuyck: 26gp (26gs), 13-11-1, 2.34, .918, 2so

As you can see, both goalies have a very similar output from their small sample size. As a Hellebuyck owner, I would be torn here as Andersen is pretty much guaranteed to get the job in T.O. whereas Helle still has to fight his way to gain the reins. I think both will have promising careers and that although they hold good numbers at the moment, some bumps are bound to hit them (T.O. goalies tend to struggle and Hellebuyck may have a 2nd year slump). My biased opinion says that Helle will come out the winner in the long run, but considering that all the cards are currently in place for Andersen, he would be the wise choice here.
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I could see Winnipeg as the other best bet in the league to gun out 5-4 wins as well though. But as I said before, because of the different systems I do like the Leafs more and I could see more 4-3 or 3-2 than 5-4.
    Maybe.
    I still think the West is much, much stronger than the East.

It won't take much for Toronto to jump into the playoff group in the next few years.
    Detroit & NYI & possibly FLA once they have to pay everybody are going to trend down, I think.
    There's only four dynamos in the East: WAS, PIT, NYR, TB... I'm not putting FLA there yet.
    I could see TOR as high as 5th/6th best team in the East in as little as two years from now, including my Stamkos-to-TOR assumption I've been holding onto for over a year now.

In a WIN-heavy league... team strength relative to conference is very important.