Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dodger Outfield with Puig return

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Dodger Outfield with Puig return

What does this do to the value of Trayce Thompson? I know he was named a starter now and he's clearly outperformed Puig this year....but with Puig back in the lineup does it have any affect there?

I own both in the same league so probably looking to separate a bit.

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Dodger Outfield with Puig return

Can't say I'm extemely familiar with the Dodgers OF (never been a big Puig fan).
    The Dodgers though are in a position where if you are performing then you will play. So if TT keeps it up with the bat, he should keep a regular spot. As soon as he slows down though, he may become borderline droppable.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Immortal

First game back and Thompson is out. Outfield is Kendrick, Pederson and Puig

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    First game back and Thompson is out. Outfield is Kendrick, Pederson and Puig
    He did go 0-4 last night. See how he does tomorrow. If he's still out, then maybe worth dropping already, but if he gets a hit or two he's probably buying himself some time. As another note, I think they might have Joc over him for sure because they don't want three righties. Kendrick would have to be the one to sit for him in that case.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    He did go 0-4 last night. See how he does tomorrow. If he's still out, then maybe worth dropping already, but if he gets a hit or two he's probably buying himself some time. As another note, I think they might have Joc over him for sure because they don't want three righties. Kendrick would have to be the one to sit for him in that case.
    Yep and Joc has been on a year lately. He brought his average up 23 points since June 3. Fiver homers since June 12.

Dobber Sports Titan

Yep and Joc has been on a year lately. He brought his average up 23 points since June 3. Fiver homers since June 12.
    Maybe now is the time to be worried about TT...

Dobber Sports Immortal

I hate Puig

Dobber Sports Titan

I hate Puig
    What happened?

(I do agree with you though.)

Dobber Sports Immortal

Left the game again ....but actually now sounds like he'll be in today

Updating a previous item, Yasiel Puig was lifted from Wednesday's game against the Brewers due to a minor knee contusion.
    Advice: Puig was pulled from the contest after limping out a grounder in the eighth inning. While he previously dealt with a hamstring injury, it appears he has dodged a re-aggravation of that ailment. Following the loss, manager Dave Roberts said that he expects Puig to be in the lineup on Thursday.

Dobber Sports Titan

Left the game again ....but actually now sounds like he'll be in today
    Well that sounds like fun...
    I took over a dynasty team not too long ago, and he was on my roster. He was very swiftly swapped for JD Martinez (extras on both sides). And even with the JD elbow injury, I still don't regret it.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Wow...just wow.

So much for this dilemma

According to Andy McCullough of the Los Angeles Times, Yasiel Puig is expected to be demoted to Triple-A Oklahoma City on Tuesday.

Advice: FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal reported on Monday that Puig "stormed off" from Dodger Stadium on Monday after the Dodgers informed him that he either be traded or demoted. There seems to be some confusion about that version of the story, as Tim Brown of Yahoo Sports hears that Puig actually complied when he was instructed to not to report to stadium or plane on Monday. Either way, he was informed of the same trade-or-demotion scenario. Puig has swung the bat better since returning from a hamstring injury, but his production has dropped every year since his thrilling rookie season in 2013.

Dobber Sports Deity

I am surprised they couldn't find a trade for him. Their price must have ben something stupid.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I am surprised they couldn't find a trade for him. Their price must have ben something stupid.
    Gotta think he could be back later this year so I think I have to wait for him to go to NA in my league.

Dobber Sports Titan

Because teams knew of the situation, and no playoff bound team wants him. He can opt for arbitration this yr and get a new deal, or not and continue 2 yrs at 17mill/yr. So no matter what you get him for at least 17mill (wont opt out obviously if he’d get less).

So they’ll send him for assignment, go through waivers, and someone will pick him up without sending out a prospect. Or the Dodgers “Buy him out”, and a team signs him for pennies (because he’s making 17mill with the Dodgers). Either way, he’s swung his last bat with the Dodgers I think.

Oakland (if bought out), Yankees, CWS, or Astros is my guess for landing spots.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Immortal

Just when I feel ready to drop Puig from my NA spot......3-5, 2 runs and 3 RBI in first minor game.