Thread: Wacha of Jon Gray?

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Wacha of Jon Gray?

I have an offer from someone in our 12 team full dynasty league. They need RP help and have offered me either Wacha or J. Gray for my M. Castro, B. Zeigler, and C. Knebel. I don't know which one I should take. Wacha is only 5 months older, having a down year, but has been much better so far. Gray is pitching very well, but he'll be pitching half his games in Coors. Is what he's been doing going to stick, or has he just had a run of good luck pitching there so far? The scoring is very detailed custom scoring, but usually more IP is worth more for the pitchers. It is head to head weekly, but you change lineups daily. 8 SP per team, 7 RP. Hitters are 2 C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, LF, RF, CF, 2 CI, 2 MI, 5OF, 1 DH (only real DHs). 5 bench, 6 IR, 15 minors.
    H2H Customized Scoring System - Full Dynasty
    LW - E. Kane, Kuznetsov, Landeskog, Neal, ROR, Pavelski; C - Backstrom, Barkov, Draisaitl, Eichel, McDavid, Johansen; RW - Duclair, Kucherov, MacKinnon, Tarasenko, Trocheck, Zibanejad
    D - Barrie, Ekblad, OEL, Hedman, Fowler, Jones, Josi, Klingberg, Ghost; G - Price, Holtby, Schneider
    Bench: F - Drouin, Vessey; D - Murray, Bigras, Hanifin, Miller; G - Varly, Pickard
    Minors: F - Marner, Strome, Zacha, Crouse, Meier, Rantanen; D - Koekkoek, Provorov; G - Hellebuyck, Korpisalo

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Wacha of Jon Gray?

I probably run with Wacha over Gray, but as you say it is close. The Coors bit is the final stick to swing it.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Wacha of Jon Gray?

Gray is the better pitcher in my opinion, but stuck in Colorado, which is a death trap to just about all pitching. I'm not overly impressed with what I've seen from Wacha so far, his SO are a little low and his walks a little high. You're not giving up stellar RPs so there's that. Any other options available to you? I might take a chance on Gray here and just be wary of his starts in Colorado. His ratios are fantastic on the road though, and he has had periodic success at Coors.