Thread: Android and Dobberhockey

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Android and Dobberhockey

I've noticed this in the past and thought it had been fixed, but it happened again last night.

Dobberhockey has some sort of embedded ad and/or malware that makes my android phone go nuts with an alert that says my phone has been damaged and blah blah blah. This is using the Chrome app on a Galaxy S6 and it happens when going to forums.dobbersports.com.

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: Android and Dobberhockey

It's an advertisement. Happened to me all the time until I installed Adblock Fast. Note, adblock fast requires you to use the Samsung browser.

Sorry Dobber. Vet your ads and I'll be more than happy to whitelist your site. Until then I'll remain happy knowing that my phone no longer whacks out.

Dobber Sports Monster

Have a Galaxy and I never saw those on Chrome. Didn't have adblock either. Guess thats fortunate...

There sometimes is adware that gets on your Chrome and pops up randomly. I had that for months before figuring out how to get rid of it.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Rehdaun View Post
    It's an advertisement. Happened to me all the time until I installed Adblock Fast. Note, adblock fast requires you to use the Samsung browser.

Sorry Dobber. Vet your ads and I'll be more than happy to whitelist your site. Until then I'll remain happy knowing that my phone no longer whacks out.
    We vett them. We get them removed (process involves an hour or two of my time, my ad guy's time, and a couple of ad networks). Then a few weeks later, the idiot spammers sneak a way around the blocks with something new. And round and round we go. All sites run into the problem, unless those sites are huge enough for their own sponsors (i.e. TSN).

All I can assure you is this - I care about this issue more than "all sites". And I work hard to clear it off. The spam is not on my site - that's WELL protected. But sometimes it can get hidden in the ad.

My own Galaxy Nexus can't recreate this problem, so that's part of the "an hour or two of my time" thing. Just FINDING the ad that needs to be removed is half my battle! And half the time it's not even my ads, it's your phone...so that takes time to figure out and find out for sure.

Any more info that can be provided (url you're sent to, screen shot, etc) would help
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Not sure how to track down the specific ad but I'm not touching this site on my phone ever again. It's a work phone (that I am allowed personal use for) and cannot afford to have it screwed up. Someone else will have to track it down.