Thread: Bob vs. Dub

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Bob vs. Dub

It's a pretty classic argument. Better goalie vs. better team. But I can only protect one. I'm also slightly considering Okposo as a protection, but with Gibson as my main G, I probably need another G more.
    H2H CONTRACT
    C - Larkin 1, MacKinnon 1, Hischier 2
    W- Pastranak 1, Kreider1, Benn 1, Schmaltz 1,Teravinen 2, Skinner1, T. Moore [color=red]2[/color
    D - Toews 2, DeAngelo 3, Faulk 2, Morrissey 1Spence 4, Marino 1, Mike Reilly 1
    G- Hill 1Jarry 3Vanecek 4
    MINORS- Slafkovsky, Wallstedt, Gauthier, O. Moore

SKATER +-/G/A/SOG/blocks
    GOALIE GAA/W/S

Playing roster: 2C,3W,1F,4D,1G

* length of contract

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Bob vs. Dub

I don't think you can lock Gibson in as your main goalie until the whole Andersen situation gets settled in Anaheim. Who's to say they don't re-sign him.

As far as your question goes, I'd go Dubnyk. Many are afraid on Bobrovsky's injury potential so he's probably easier to redraft if that's your train of though.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

By "main" I only mean he's the only G I have signed.
    H2H CONTRACT
    C - Larkin 1, MacKinnon 1, Hischier 2
    W- Pastranak 1, Kreider1, Benn 1, Schmaltz 1,Teravinen 2, Skinner1, T. Moore [color=red]2[/color
    D - Toews 2, DeAngelo 3, Faulk 2, Morrissey 1Spence 4, Marino 1, Mike Reilly 1
    G- Hill 1Jarry 3Vanecek 4
    MINORS- Slafkovsky, Wallstedt, Gauthier, O. Moore

SKATER +-/G/A/SOG/blocks
    GOALIE GAA/W/S

Playing roster: 2C,3W,1F,4D,1G

* length of contract

Dobber Sports Titan

I go with Dubnyk over Bob. Better team and just more certainty with what you're getting. Hopefully Boudreau can keep up a defensive system there.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I actually dislike both.
    I think, as fantasy hockey fans, we are clinging to each guys wondrous 2nd half of a once-upon-a-time season way too much as if it is that player's standard... and he can live up to it.
    I dislike both team's cap allocations.
    I've actually supported MIN as a candidate to make a run in the West for the past 2-3 years... but I'm souring... think they miss the playoffs next year.

Dubnyk seems the better candidate to stay healthy and MIN still plays a lower scoring game.
    So I'll go with him, but dislike both.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I like Dubnyk over Bobrovsky here.. Bob always seems to miss time.. Minny should be a better team with Boudreau at the helm..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    I actually dislike both.
    I think, as fantasy hockey fans, we are clinging to each guys wondrous 2nd half of a once-upon-a-time season way too much as if it is that player's standard... and he can live up to it.
    I dislike both team's cap allocations.
    I've actually supported MIN as a candidate to make a run in the West for the past 2-3 years... but I'm souring... think they miss the playoffs next year.

Dubnyk seems the better candidate to stay healthy and MIN still plays a lower scoring game.
    So I'll go with him, but dislike both.
    I wondered if anyone saw this like I do, and Pengwin7 does. Thank God. I was beginning to think I was the only one who had a strong dislike for both Dubnyk and Bobrovsky.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy