Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Gibson, Hellebuyck or Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Gibson, Hellebuyck or Vasilevskiy

Sounds like most of you would trade gibson for hellbuyck straight up??
    12 team full keeper dynasty league HeadtoHead - Point-Based

G/ A/P/ PPP/+/-/PIM/SOG/FOW/Hit/TK/BLK/GA/SV/SHO/W

C - Johansen, Giroux, Seguin, Hughes
    LW - Laine, Benn, Landeskog, Ehlers
    RW - Eberle, Bjorkstrand, Tkachuk, Boeser
    D - Seider, Doughty, Jones, D. Hamilton
    G - Andersen, Fleury, Saros
    Prospects - Guenther, Hofer, Lundkvist,

Dobber Sports Ace

I have owned all three at times over the past two years in a dynasty keeper cap league. Right now, I only kept Hellebuyck. I won't get into the details of my trades, but I'll just say that I was in a position to keep or trade some combination of them, and I stuck with Hellebuyck.

Gibson got me the best return, due to the owner going for it at the time. I think he'd still get the best return right now.

I then had an offer from an owner that was the same offer, regardless of the goalie. I felt more comfortable with Hellebuyck's path to being the long term starter, and I saw Winnipeg as up and coming. Tampa is already up, and they're about to find out what it feels like to be the Blackhawks and have to shed significant players due to the cap. Can they retool the way Chicago could? Between that big question and Bishop being in the way, I kept Hellebuyck.

Dobber Sports Stud

I love this thread.. Its basically, "Who is the best young goalie to own..minus Murray?"

I feel very fortunate to have two of these three guys and for me I rank them as

Vasilevskiy
    Hellebuyck
    Gibson

This was how I saw them before Andersen was moved and this is how I'll view them after Bishop is moved as well.

I like Gibson and he now has the job of #1 for the Ducks. However, I not the biggest fan of Anaheim's future as they seem a little old, a little slow and their cap situation is not ideal. Plus, as others have said before, the injury history is there.

Hellebuyck is a beast, and likely has the highest pure talent/upside, but Winnipeg will be a slow grow. He could easily be the most productive of the bunch in five years - especially with that young nucleus growing with him.

Vasilevskiy is about to be in the best spot of the bunch. Whether it happens this offseason or next, Bishop will leave and he'll become a 21/22 year old starter on a super strong and young Tampa team.

All three are terrific owns
    Staff Writer for DobberHockey
    Associate Editor/Senior Writer and Scout for DobberProspects - Vancouver Canucks

Keep on, keepin' on.