Thread: EA Sports to include ECHL in NHL '17

I...am your father.

Default EA Sports to include ECHL in NHL '17

I found this interesting. And cool.
    http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/ec...sports-nhl-17/

The involvement of ECHL players should make the game even deeper than before and offer more players than the game has ever seen. All 27 ECHL clubs will be added into the game, as will each team’s home, road and alternate jerseys.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: EA Sports to include ECHL in NHL '17

It sounds great in theory. The biggest issue I see with it is that players in those leagues are not automatically part of the PHPA. This means that until a player either joins the PHPA or signs a release form with EA, they will not be able to be included in the game. This is likely going to create a scenario where there are even more fake hockey players in the NHL series. The other issue is the lack of roster updates the NHL series has had. Adding another 550 players to the game is only going to make roster updates even more difficult to use. I am hopeful that the NHL developers can address this issue but I am doubtful that they will.

All in all, I will definitely be buying NHL '17 on release day for the 26th (I think) straight year.

Dobber Sports Expert

I don't get the sense of adding the ECHL here. There's already way too many players in the game as is.

I really wish that EA would allow you to set your lines for online versus play...would be nice to not have to wait for guys to fiddle around before every game so they manage their 3rd line.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Oh great, now I can trade for my dynasty league goaltenders!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

pointless. their prospect ratings suck as it is, for example guys like Laine, Puljujarvi etc are terrible in the game. often get ranked in the late rounds of the draft.

drafting is pretty garbage overall. scouting in the game sucks too.

EA puts all their money/development time into the Ultimate team mode, where there are in game transactions = more money to be made. from a business standpoint it obviously makes sense, you put more time into the areas that make you more money. but the flipside is that kills the game quality, as the rest of the game modes suffer.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I used to love playing these games as a youngster.. Playing full seasons and a ton of tournaments with my buddies..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Titan

I find it a waste of time. No one really plays the AHL games, why add in ECHL? I think the world cup is bigger news, and maybe they’ll add in the freaking All-Star game again. I never played it, but I sure looked at the roster to see if my players were on the team.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Ninja

Yes I can finally unite all 3 Staal brothers and fulfill my dream of having the shittiest team in the NHL.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    Yes I can finally unite all 3 Staal brothers and fulfill my dream of having the shittiest team in the NHL.
    With Eric, Marc, Jordan and Jared, there are actually 4 of them.