Thread: Brian Elliott - after next season

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Brian Elliott - after next season

hi everyone
    what are your thoughts on brian Elliott after the 2016-17 season. he's got one more year on his contract, and one more year with Hitchcock as his coach, which means one more year in a 50/50 timeshare with jake allen.
    what happens after? he'll be a UFA - does he sign somewhere else and become a bonafide starting goalie, or is he just a timeshare goalie? I don't think there's much in the ways of goalie free agents next offseason (ben bishop comes to mind, but I assume if he's traded this offseason, that team will sign him, so I don't see him going to free agency), so it could be a great opportunity for Elliott to take the next step.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Brian Elliott - after next season

I'm thinking Allen will take the reins full time after next season, which would leave Elliott as a 32 year old free agent. My gut tells me that he'd be a timeshare goalie again with another team, or he'd be given the starting job with a team that's struggling in net. I can't see the Blues leaving Allen unprotected in the expansion draft, assuming that happens in the next offseason.
    Follow me on Twitter @Ian_Gooding

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by gooding74 View Post
    I'm thinking Allen will take the reins full time after next season, which would leave Elliott as a 32 year old free agent. My gut tells me that he'd be a timeshare goalie again with another team, or he'd be given the starting job with a team that's struggling in net. I can't see the Blues leaving Allen unprotected in the expansion draft, assuming that happens in the next offseason.
    I think he'll be a timeshare goalie as well, but not because of lack of talent. In fact, his next team will want him as No.1. But you can set your watch to his injuries, so he'll again morph into a "timeshare goalie" regardless of his team's intent.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Ninja

He'll be the 2018 version of JVB - John Vanbiesbrouck for you young timers who aren't old enough remember him! From his Wikipedia page:

"After playing in parts of 11 seasons with the Rangers, he was taken in the 1993 NHL Expansion Draft by the Florida Panthers. In Florida, Vanbiesbrouck was a three-time all-star, and led the Panthers to their first and only Stanley Cup Finals."

Every expansion team needs a strong goalie to be respectable for their fans.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Titan

JVB is probably a great comparison there! Probably wouldn't have crossed my mind though until you mentioned it.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Stud

The Beezer. Nice pull!
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SHP,GWG,H,BS,W,SV%,SA,SO
    12 Man H2H Salary Keeper League
    C - S.Crosby/S.Monahan/G.Landeskog(lw)/W.Karlsson
    LW- T.Hall/B.Rust(lw)/N.Hoglander
    RW - J.Guentzel(lw)/ T.Tatar(lw)/J.Pulujaarvi/K.Kapanen(lw)
    D - B.Burns/E.Karlsson/M.Heiskanen/J.Carlson
    G - I.Sorokin/I.Shesterkin/T.Demko/C.Peterson/C.Talbot
    Farm - C.Primeau/P.Kochetov/C.Caufield/E.Svechnikov

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    He'll be the 2018 version of JVB - John Vanbiesbrouck for you young timers who aren't old enough remember him! From his Wikipedia page:

"After playing in parts of 11 seasons with the Rangers, he was taken in the 1993 NHL Expansion Draft by the Florida Panthers. In Florida, Vanbiesbrouck was a three-time all-star, and led the Panthers to their first and only Stanley Cup Finals."

Every expansion team needs a strong goalie to be respectable for their fans.
    Nice throwback Comish!
    WHL (24-Team Daily H2H)
    Weighted Scoring: G(1),A(1),PPP(0.5),+/-(0.25), SOG/PIM/HIT/BLK(all 0.05), FOW-C(0.01)

Braham Pietasters
    C(3): Barkov, Seguin, N.Schmaltz
    LW(3): Gaudreau, Pacioretty, Hinostroza
    RW(3): Radulov, Mantha, Dadonov
    F(3): Bailey, Thornton, Vanek
    D(6): Josi, Jones, Krug, Leddy, Ellis, Miller
    G(1): Bishop (Sparks)
    Bench: T. Wilson (RW), Boyle (C), Pirri (C), Boyd (C)
    Farm: Myers (D), Husso (G), Soderstrom (G), Petersen (G), Anderson-Dolan (C), Pilut (D), Capobianco (D), Aho (D)

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

As a free agent, he would have to sign with the expansion team correct? Couldn't simply select him.