Thread: Alexander Steen - Shoulder

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Alexander Steen - Shoulder

http://blues.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=884956

ST. LOUIS - The St. Louis Blues announced this Friday night that forward Alexander Steen underwent successful surgery to repair his injured left shoulder. He is expected to be sidelined 4-6 months. Four months from today would be October 3rd, approximately one week before the opening of the 2016-2017 season.

Steen originally injured his shoulder on February 20th in Arizona after being hit on a play in the offensive zone. He had played just 2:13 of the first period but registered a goal and an assist in just 5 shifts before being injured. After missing the next 15 games he returned with 6 games to go in the regular season and helped the Blues to playoff series wins over Chicago and Dallas as the Blues advanced to the Conference Final for the first time since 2001.

Blues President of Hockey Operations and General Manager credits Steen’s work ethic and dedication to fitness for his return this season. “Alexander suffered the original shoulder injury in February 20th in Arizona. He rehabbed and worked hard to get back and be a big part in the team’s run to the Conference Final. Alex is one of the most dedicated players in the NHL when it comes to fitness and we’re thrilled things went well today, “ said Armstrong.

Steen was acquired during the 2008-2009 season along with Carlo Colaiacovo from Toronto in exchange for Lee Stempniak. Since then he has become one of the top two-way forwards in the NHL. At 5 on 5 Steen logs some of the NHL’s top minutes against the opposition’s top players, and has become one of the Blues top penalty killers as well as quarterback on the power play. He is 7 games shy of 500 as a Blue and just 54 games shy of 800 for his career. 355 of his 481 NHL points have come with St. Louis. The Blues signed him to a 3 -year contract extension prior to the 2014-15 season.

The shoulder procedure was performed by Dr. Rick Wright and Dr. Matt Smith of Washington University Orthopedics, and Steen is scheduled to be re-evaluated in four months.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Alexander Steen - Shoulder

Looks like he will miss the World Cup and not play for Sweden.

I expect it will take some time for Steen to get his timing, etc. back when he does return. If the worse case timeline is early December for his return, he may not be that productive till mid to late Dec.
    WHL - 24tm multicast salary partial keeper
    19 Active / 6 Reserve / 15 Minors
    3C/3LW/3RW/3F/6D/1G
    Skaters: G/ A/ +/- /PIM/SOG/PPP/Hit/Blk/FOW-C
    Goalies: GS/W/OL/GAA/SV%/SV/SHO/ShL/A

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Pit Bulls View Post
    Looks like he will miss the World Cup and not play for Sweden.

I expect it will take some time for Steen to get his timing, etc. back when he does return. If the worse case timeline is early December for his return, he may not be that productive till mid to late Dec.
    I agree. Shoulder injuries can be tough and you don't want to mess with them. I think the late December timeline for when we can expect him back to full speed would be about right.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Padawan

Robby Fabbri time
    16 Team H2H Dynasty
    G A Pt PIM SoG PPP H+B FOW DZS
    W Svs GAA Sv%

C Scheifele Tavares Dvorack Eller
    LW Domi Aho Ritchie Vrana
    RW Tarasenko J Williams Laine Sheary
    D Klefbom M Rielly Spurgeon Provorov Ellis Dahlin
    R White Kase Schmaltz Thomas Anston-Reese Lindell Theodore

G McEhlinney C Anderson
    R Kuemper

M Bjork Raddysh Kravtsov Ylonen Soderstorm Gilles Gustavsson Point Khakonen Delia Hill

Dobber Sports Titan

L1:
    Schwartz – Lehtera – Tarasenko
    L2:
    Fabbri – Statsny – Brouwer (maybe resigns, if not Jaskin)
    L3:
    Jaskin – Berglund – Paajarvi/Rattie

This may be a bigger boost to Statsny than Fabbri. Fabbri was already getting L2 minutes in the playoffs right?
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Glad the surgery was successful, that worried me for a minute.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

That lineup looks very unattractive without Steen and Backes..

I would think if the Blues let Backes and Brouwer walk, I'm thinking they go after Lucic, Okposo, or maybe even Eriksson..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..