Thread: Zobrist

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Zobrist

I was thinking about this a few days ago so don't jump on me for bailing cuz he didn't get a hit in 2 games.

Should I be looking at trading Zobrist? Obviously he's in a GREAT lineup but the numbers were insane for a bit there and I feel like I could sell high...just not sure for who....

2B Ranks so far:

Altuve
    Zobrist
    Cano
    Murphy
    Kinsler
    Pedroia
    Segura
    Carpenter (I think I tried Zobrist/Seager for Carpenter/Frazier last week...no go)

Im also just kinda nervous cuz I also have Ozuna and Pomeranz.....two guys that have been unreal and may be playing a bit over their head.

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Zobrist

Ozuna I don't think is too far over his head. Zobrist is solid, but I would sell high if possible. Carpenter/Cano would probably be my targets. Travis is another under the radar option if you need an upgrade elsewhere and can fill both positions.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Immortal

Zobrist is slowing down after an unbelievable month. Problem in my league is pretty much everyone knows this and already has a good or great 2B.

If I could just trust Profar to play every day I would move Zobrist in a heart beat but I can't risk having an open roster spot 3 times a week because Texas is getting heatlhy

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Zobrist is slowing down after an unbelievable month. Problem in my league is pretty much everyone knows this and already has a good or great 2B.

If I could just trust Profar to play every day I would move Zobrist in a heart beat but I can't risk having an open roster spot 3 times a week because Texas is getting heatlhy
    Go to the top few teams in the league then and see what you can get. He probably isn't one of those guys that you want to be left holding the baton with.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Depending on the categories, an alternative target could be to go after Dee Gordon who's a little over halfway through his suspension and look to deal Zobrist for an upgrade elsewhere on your roster. I think Profar could be a serviceable placeholder until Gordon returns.
    10 Team Yahoo H2H Keep 5 G, A, PPP, FOW, SOG, HITS, BLKS, W, GAA, SV, SV%
    C,C,LW,LW,RW,RW,F,F,D,D,D,D,G,G,BN,BN,BN,BN,BN,IR+ ,IR+
    Keepers:
    Makar, J. Hughes, T. Meier, K. Connor, Ovechkin

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by TheNugeCooge View Post
    Depending on the categories, an alternative target could be to go after Dee Gordon who's a little over halfway through his suspension and look to deal Zobrist for an upgrade elsewhere on your roster. I think Profar could be a serviceable placeholder until Gordon returns.
    Well funny enough....only reason I picked up Zobrist was because I drafted Gordon! And I already own Profar and am getting increasingly frustrated with his lack of playing time.

Dobber Sports Immortal

So.....I never sold high on Zobrist. Is he worth carrying around now?? Multi cat, playing on Chicago and his walks help.....

from May 27 his average has dropped from .350 to .274! Only 30 hits since then.

Wire choices would be the latest hot bat or guys like Grichuk, K. Davis,

Dobber Sports Titan

I think you have to hold him until the deadline. Maybe he gets another big 5 day stretch soon and you can sell him.
    I do think it best that you sell him by the deadline though and get what you can.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I think you have to hold him until the deadline. Maybe he gets another big 5 day stretch soon and you can sell him.
    I do think it best that you sell him by the deadline though and get what you can.
    Thanks. Now looking at Profar. Led off yesterday and now Fielder and Choo are on the DL. He has 1b, 2b, 3b and SS eligibility and should be in the lineup daily now.

Dobber Sports Titan

Big fan of Profar. Had to deal him in one of my leagues to et the return I needed. Was worth it, but it's tough to watch him do that wellon another team.