Poll: GSW vs Cavs

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: NBA Final: Golden State vs Cleveland

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: NBA Final: Golden State vs Cleveland

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    I'm most worried about Iggy's back... Bogut they can overcome, but they absolutely need a healthy Iggy to win Game 7.

If they're going to win this thing, Warriors MUST start strong next game... they can't throw it away in the first quarter like they have the last couple of games.

And they need to start hitting those open shots. Their supporting players are missing everything... especially Barnes, and Livingston's been invisible since the first game.
    I don’t know who’d they have defending Lebron. Klay? Can’t get him in foul trouble and the size of Lebron equals mismatch. Then who covers Irving? Curry? Foul trouble and that’s what Cleveland wants, they were doing screens to get Curry against Irving.

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    I'd be curious to see the spread for game 7.
    I haven't yet checked, but I honestly think the Cavs should be favoured. -1.5, I'd set the line at.
    Momentum is a dangerous thing.

Like the other 6... I think the game will be decided in the first half. (which would be boring - and I sure hope that ain't true)
    Considering Cleveland was favoured by 2pts in game 6, I would have to say it’s close to that for game 7.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Apprentice

This is the most exciting, boring NBA finals I've ever known. (Might need to read that sentence five times over... hopefully point made).
    Is it just me or would it be nice to see one of these games change leads in the final two minutes?!?
    Closest margin in any game... 11pts. Yuck.
    Just goes to show you that 'storylines' trump quality of the game in many cases. The NBA doesn't care about parity or any crap like that. They want to create epic storylines and matchups and they get it. The NHL is the exact opposite for the most part. Create a league where everyone has a chance for the most part, players who are boring and robotics, and you get a Pittsburgh/San Jose final that was largely uninteresting for the vast majority of fans.

I love hockey, and love parity, so for me personally it works, but I can see why the NBA chooses its model instead.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by iwinthings View Post
    Just goes to show you that 'storylines' trump quality of the game in many cases. The NBA doesn't care about parity or any crap like that. They want to create epic storylines and matchups and they get it. The NHL is the exact opposite for the most part. Create a league where everyone has a chance for the most part, players who are boring and robotics, and you get a Pittsburgh/San Jose final that was largely uninteresting for the vast majority of fans.

I love hockey, and love parity, so for me personally it works, but I can see why the NBA chooses its model instead.
    All the major leagues know that storyline trumps quality/parity... NBA, NFL, MLB, they all get it. The NHL has never gotten it. Their creative direction, marketing and star development suck.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by iwinthings View Post

I don't think it has anything to do with marketing.
    Basketball... you've got 5 players on the floor... and at any time, the best player can choose to take a shot... and possibly score.
    There is no equipment so their bodies and faces are fully exposed. Their movements & facial expressions are really well captured.
    It's... just the way the game is set-up.
    It translates to screen well.
    (NBA & NHL are very competitive by arena attendance. Most teams do near 100% with many other teams doing 90% ticket sales. Same there.)

Boxing & MMA have done well for periods of TV showcasing as well - for same reason.
    The focus on one man's body & expression is captured well for television.
    Even baseball & golf, being slower sports are able to zoom in on players more often, making them more personable to the viewer.

Think if a TV show only showed their scenes from way far way, because there was too many characters.
    Like say every Game of Thrones episode had to show the full castle at King's Landing or the full cross-section of Winterfell or the wall.
    Everything would be too far away for us to really identify with the characters.

The speed of hockey & the covering equipment make it very difficult to appeal to the masses.
    Then again... somehow American Football is loved - with similar issues.
    Maybe that's it... maybe the NHL needs new camera work the way the NFL has emerged with switching on pass & run plays.
    Food for thought.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I don't think it has anything to do with marketing.
    Basketball... you've got 5 players on the floor... and at any time, the best player can choose to take a shot... and possibly score.
    There is no equipment so their bodies and faces are fully exposed. Their movements & facial expressions are really well captured.
    It's... just the way the game is set-up.
    It translates to screen well.
    (NBA & NHL are very competitive by arena attendance. Most teams do near 100% with many other teams doing 90% ticket sales. Same there.)

Boxing & MMA have done well for periods of TV showcasing as well - for same reason.
    The focus on one man's body & expression is captured well for television.
    Even baseball & golf, being slower sports are able to zoom in on players more often, making them more personable to the viewer.

Think if a TV show only showed their scenes from way far way, because there was too many characters.
    Like say every Game of Thrones episode had to show the full castle at King's Landing or the full cross-section of Winterfell or the wall.
    Everything would be too far away for us to really identify with the characters.

The speed of hockey & the covering equipment make it very difficult to appeal to the masses.
    Then again... somehow American Football is loved - with similar issues.
    Maybe that's it... maybe the NHL needs new camera work the way the NFL has emerged with switching on pass & run plays.
    Food for thought.
    These are really good points. I guess I did not think about the 'in your face' type thing.

Dobber Sports Titan

NBA and NFL players have personalities. NHL players tend to be very bland. Think about 2 of the biggest personalities in the NHL (Subban Ovi), and they wouldn’t even be close to what the NBA and NFL players are like. How often would you hear 1 NHL star calling another star a cry baby (Klay to Lebron)?

Also, it’s easier to market teams when there’s only like 5 or 6 really good teams out there. Same goes to the NFL, and when 1 underdog comes up, it’s simple to just pump their tires.

And the NBA knows how to sell product. The amount of jerseys each team has is insane. Toronto used 3 regularly, and they have about 3 others they can tap into. And because they switch jerseys so much, then can go and sell retro jerseys. There’s like 3 logos per team, so that means 3 different logos on hats, shirts, and what not.

Players get formal interviews after the games, so it’s not like the NHL when they’re getting changed and it seems almost too in your face. And NHL players don’t say something stupid in an interview too often. They are very carbon copy responses. This goes back to being bland.

Dobber Sports Titan

Kyrie is a magician when it comes to being able to score after contact

Dobber Sports Ninja

4:30 left in Game 7...all tied up at 89!!!!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Expert

Hell of a final!!!
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Expert

WOW THAT BLOCK BY LEBRON WAS A BEAUTYYYY

https://twitter.com/Steve_OS/status/744719093341749248
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by yougo View Post
    WOW THAT BLOCK BY LEBRON WAS A BEAUTYYYY
    Hell yeah it was.

I'm happy to see Lebron and Cleveland win the championship, especially after going down 3-1.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Incredible game... I'm still in shock and disappointed as a Warriors fan, but the Cavs deserved it and I'm happy for their city and fans.

Curry and Klay didn't show up tonight... Curry in particular had a horrible game. James and Irving made the huge plays with the game on the line.

Dobber Sports Master

My 12 year old son will be disappointed when he wakes up as he is a Steph Curry fan, but I'm sure he'll appreciate Lebron's massive block and Kyrie's 3pt dagger...then again, maybe not!!

Congrats, Cleveland on breaking the Championship curse.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Sage

That block is a play for the ages.

Happy for Lebron and Cleveland.

Maybe this will humble Curry a little.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    That block is a play for the ages.

Happy for Lebron and Cleveland.

Maybe this will humble Curry a little.
    Humble Curry??? Dude has always been one of the most humble players in the entire league lol