Poll: GSW vs Cavs

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: NBA Final: Golden State vs Cleveland

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: NBA Final: Golden State vs Cleveland

As long as the Cavs don’t go Hero-Ball mode when GSW go on a 3pt barrage run, they’ll be fine. GSW destroy undisciplined teams because a player will go “Hero-mode” and miss a hard layup, GSW run down and do a quick 3. It’s back braking. Westbrook and Durant blew games 6 and 7 by doing this.

Unless your game is like the Blazers where everything goes through Lillard, you can’t Hero-Ball a win on the GSW let alone a series. If you look at the GSW record/game results for a season, they rarely blowout a team that’s balanced and strong defensively. Very odd thinking, but it essentially gets down to sticking with your game, and not getting into their game.

Strong disciplined D teams do well against GSW. Atlanta lost by an average of 7pts, 1 game going to OT, Toronto an avg of 4pts. The Celtics won 1 by 3 and lost one by 5. The Clippers lost by an avg of 7.5, and 1 game they lost by 16, albeit they were higher scoring games.

The second GSW gets you playing their game, they’ve won it.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Westbrook and Durant blew games 6 and 7 by doing this.

\.
    I read someone today call them the Oklahoma City Canucks. LOL
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Monster

I don't really watch basketball, but I appreciate that Lebron and Curry are some of the best players the league has seen. Will watch all games provided they dont conflict with the SCF.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Padawan

As a bulls fan, go Cleveland!
    16 Team H2H Dynasty
    G A Pt PIM SoG PPP H+B FOW DZS
    W Svs GAA Sv%

C Scheifele Tavares Dvorack Eller
    LW Domi Aho Ritchie Vrana
    RW Tarasenko J Williams Laine Sheary
    D Klefbom M Rielly Spurgeon Provorov Ellis Dahlin
    R White Kase Schmaltz Thomas Anston-Reese Lindell Theodore

G McEhlinney C Anderson
    R Kuemper

M Bjork Raddysh Kravtsov Ylonen Soderstorm Gilles Gustavsson Point Khakonen Delia Hill

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Bazz View Post
    As a bulls fan, go Cleveland!
    Are you a fan of this Bulls team?
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    Are you a fan of this Bulls team?
    I watch them and am more frustrated than a fan but the problem starts and ends with Rose IMO. He's not who he used to be and IMO is lost as far as his game goes. He was annoited the next chicago star and after all those injuries has fallen back down to earth.
    16 Team H2H Dynasty
    G A Pt PIM SoG PPP H+B FOW DZS
    W Svs GAA Sv%

C Scheifele Tavares Dvorack Eller
    LW Domi Aho Ritchie Vrana
    RW Tarasenko J Williams Laine Sheary
    D Klefbom M Rielly Spurgeon Provorov Ellis Dahlin
    R White Kase Schmaltz Thomas Anston-Reese Lindell Theodore

G McEhlinney C Anderson
    R Kuemper

M Bjork Raddysh Kravtsov Ylonen Soderstorm Gilles Gustavsson Point Khakonen Delia Hill

Dobber Sports Ninja

The problem with Rose is that he's a mental midget.

I lost all respect for him that season where they were in the 2nd round of the playoffs and needed him, and he decided to sit it out (because he felt he wasn't 100%) despite dunking and looking great during the practices and pre-game warmups. I real competitor like Kobe would have played on a wooden leg.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    The problem with Rose is that he's a mental midget.

I lost all respect for him that season where they were in the 2nd round of the playoffs and needed him, and he decided to sit it out (because he felt he wasn't 100%) despite dunking and looking great during the practices and pre-game warmups. I real competitor like Kobe would have played on a wooden leg.
    Spot on.

The guy has an IQ around 70 and has the mentality of a child. He is incredibly selfish and seems to forget that he is paid by the Bulls. I hope, hope, hope the Bulls trade him this offseason. Overall, the Bulls are an absolute trainwreck that needs to be completely blown up. Fire Paxson and Forman while trading Rose. I would listen to offers for Butler too.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Big win for the Warriors tonight...

If you had told me Curry + Thomson would combine for less than 20 and they'd win easily I'd have laughed you out of the building, but it happened!

Their bench is something special... and Igoudala wow... I feel another MVP performance coming on.

Gotta be discouraging for the Cavs that they lost this bad with the Warriors biggest guns going ice cold.

Dobber Sports Titan

Cavs bench got outscored like 40-10. That’s what the difference in the game was. Nothing really in the other stats I saw showed one team won it another way.

As for 3s, 33% of all 3s went in. I wasn’t a fan of the flow of the game yesterday, it was long 3 by warriors, cavs go down and mishandle the ball and get forced into a shot clock violation (Oracle arena is freaking loud). Good job by the Cavs coach for calling a timeout INSTANTLY when a run was about to happen by the Warriors. Lue did well there.

I honestly hate Green lol. His face is so punchable when he puts his arms up and asks what the foul was. Warriors flopped a couple of times, and the NBC announcers were not holding back on calling them out on it haha. I enjoyed that. But the Warriors got the calls so why would they stop? I stopped at half because 9pm starts are way too late for me as a casual fan to watch until 11:30ish.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Does anyone think that the Cavs concede the series once Cuury and Thompson start shooting the lights out? I would like to change my pick from Warriors in 5 to Warriors in 3!

Dobber Sports Superstar

Unfortunately, the Eastern Conference Playoffs just hasn't been a very good yardstick for how good a team is lately.

It's true that the Cavs have Kyrie an Love this season, but the Cavs are poorer defensively with them. I don't see that having them back will make much of a difference in the end, except possibly to get it over with sooner.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I'm a little late to the party here but I like the Warriors in 5.. I think they win this at home..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Titan

Game 3 is the reason why Curry isn’t the best player in the league. He’s 1 dimensional. He’ll go down as the best shooter prolly in NBA history, but once he can’t hit a shot, he’s game is gone. He drives based on tight defense based off his shot. He’s not an amazing drive, but his ball handling is so good he can break an ankle if you’re guarding his shot. But if he doesn’t have that… his games gone.

His defense isn’t average at all, but it’s better than what it was yesterday. Irving had him spinning on some cross overs it was insane. When Kerr asked Curry if he was ok not even at half, something was obviously wrong with Curry. But I think it’s more mental than physical. Maybe he is hurt, but he seems to crumble in the finals. Last yr didn’t he only have 2 good games out of 6?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Game 3 is the reason why Curry isn’t the best player in the league. He’s 1 dimensional. He’ll go down as the best shooter prolly in NBA history, but once he can’t hit a shot, he’s game is gone. He drives based on tight defense based off his shot. He’s not an amazing drive, but his ball handling is so good he can break an ankle if you’re guarding his shot. But if he doesn’t have that… his games gone.

His defense isn’t average at all, but it’s better than what it was yesterday. Irving had him spinning on some cross overs it was insane. When Kerr asked Curry if he was ok not even at half, something was obviously wrong with Curry. But I think it’s more mental than physical. Maybe he is hurt, but he seems to crumble in the finals. Last yr didn’t he only have 2 good games out of 6?

I've heard this from all the old school types after any game that Curry wasn't at his best. A one dimensional player does not win an unanimous MVP. So for this season and last, he has in fact been the best player in the league because he was voted as such.

So many things happened yesterday that contributed to his poor performance. Early foul trouble had him sitting on the bench early. I also saw three 3 point attempts where Curty was blatantly fouled and there was no call. But most importantly, Cleveland did an unreal job defensively on Curry. They were physical with him off the ball and that wore him down and didn't allow him to get into an offensive flow. This sort of defence is reserved for bigger players like Lebron and the big men of the past.

I do agree that he was off yesterday but that was due to frustration I think. He went for a dunk late (how often does he dunk) and Lebron was right in front of him to block him. That's a play from a player that just isn't happy from the way things are going.