Thread: Abreu or JD??

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Abreu or JD??

R, HR, RBI, SB, BB, Avg

Trying to move one of Puig or JUpton, but a guy countered with my Abreu for JD Martinez. I actually really like this deal because we're now going about 1.5 seasons of Abreu struggling (thought he was a solid bounce back candidate but not yet).....BUT......I own Jupton and Maybin (both Tigers) and only 3 OF spots.

Do you see any other deals with our teams.....he could definitely use pitching

Me
    Lucroy, Abreu, Altuve, Lindor, Villar, Ozuna, Puig, JUpton, Util: Maybin, BN: Revere, Duvall
    Harvey, Verlander, Quintana, Salazar, Walker, Rosenthal, Neris, Jeffress, Madson

(He's in last)
    Posey, Bour, Kipnis, Castellanos, Machado, JD, Dickerson, Braun, Seager (Util), BN: Morales, Dias, Grichuk, Ellsbury
    Odorizzi, Duffey, Wainwright, Devenski, N. Jones, Vincent, McGee, Hochevar

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Abreu or JD??

Crap....Napoli was picked up today.....Logan Morrison is probably best 1B available.....yikes.

Dobber Sports Titan

Abreu for JD is pretty even. Enough so that positional needs would swing it, and I really don't like the situation it put you in, either at first or in the OF.
    Maybe Puig and Salazar/Quintana for JD, if SP has a higher FA replacement level than 1B does for you guys.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Immortal

He offered me JD, Ellsbury and Kendry for Abreu, Upton and Revere. Don't think I can leave myself with Morales starting every day though

Dobber Sports Titan

That is tough since there's only the one good first baseman between your two teams.
    Any way you could do it without shopping Abreu?
    I also find OF easier to replace, even mores than first base (depending on the league size). So I would have to be the one of the winning side pretty easily to want to have that big a drop off at one position.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Immortal

Would anyone do the following....

Abreu + Tajuan for Belt + Archer??

Dobber Sports Titan

If you really want to deal Abreu, I think you could do better than Archer as a pitcher. Start a little higher, maybe with someone in the Syndergaard/Sale area (not saying it would automatically be accepted, but more worthy of a shot).