Thread: Lazar ??

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Lazar ??

I'm in a points only dynasty league, 11 teams with 40 player rosters (w/ 4 prospect slots). I traded Brayden Schenn for Hertl and Lazar after the 2014-15 world jr's were wrapped up, and now I'm feeling like I bought in when his stock was at its highest. 15 points in his rookie year followed by only 20 in 76 games in his sophomore season. Is he ever gonna be a 30, let alone 40-50, point guy?
    I gotta remind my fellow GM's who he is when I offer him in trades. Starting to regret the trade after what Schenn was able to do this year.

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Lazar ??

I dont see him as much more than a solid 3rd line checker. He may get 35-40 some day, but I wouldnt expect much more than that most seasons. Depending on the size of your league, he doesn't hold great value in points-only formats.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Lazar ??

The trade wasn't a bad one as Hertl still has another gear or two in points leagues.
    As for Lazar, I think he just needs another year or two to work up, gain some more trust, get some more ice time etc. One of those slowly develloped players that you will be happy you have when all is said and done.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)