Thread: Sano feedback needed

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Sano feedback needed

Just picked up Sano in my 1-year league off of waivers (dropped Fielder). I had the worst waiver priority in a 12-team pool and still managed to scoop him up which begs the question: Is Sano's upside realistic, especially for this year or was last year just a fluke and he is merely a high strikeout player with some pop?
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Sano feedback needed

It's tough to say at this point. The whole way up he has shown a great hitting game with lots of power. If major league pitchers have found a hole in his swing, maybe he needs a half a season to adjust. It could also be mental, and maybe he picks it up in July or even September. The thing is that he hasn't shown consistancy enough at the major league level to say 100% that he will bounce back. I still do like the pick up for you though, and think he should at least have a hot streak by the trade deadline during which you could ship him off to fill another hole.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Giant

Thanks EB! You and hockeyrobot seem to be the few that chime in on baseball-related threads lately. But quality over quantity is best IMO and as usual, I got some good feedback as you echoed pretty much my thoughts.
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Bass56 View Post
    Thanks EB! You and hockeyrobot seem to be the few that chime in on baseball-related threads lately. But quality over quantity is best IMO and as usual, I got some good feedback as you echoed pretty much my thoughts.
    Yeah, definitely is a little tougher to get replies for baseball threads than the hockey ones, but as you said, sometimes 1 or two good ones is all you need. Glad I could help solidify your beliefs with Sano.
    I have him in one of my 1-year leagues and haven't realistically considered dropping him at all just because of his potential to breakout for a few months.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Padawan

Another home run for Sano today. I own him in both of my leagues. I think what you see from him is what you're going to get. Enough home runs to keep him on your roster, but a LOT of strikeouts. He's on pace for over 200, which would put him in Adam Dunn/Mark Reynolds territory.
    Follow me on Twitter @Ian_Gooding