Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Team North America...Biggest Snubs?

Administrator

Default Re: Team North America...Biggest Snubs?

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    True, but you could say the same about Jenner. He's played plenty of C and wing. Either way, there will be a few guys playing different places and roles in this tournament.
    I wasn't comparing him to Jenner. Both should be on the team.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Deity

Jenner yes, Galchenyuk is certainly arguable compared to others.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Expert

Jenner yes, Galchenyuk is certainly arguable compared to others.
    If you're saying Jenner > Galchenyuk, you should watch a bit more hockey.
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by yougo View Post
    If you're saying Jenner > Galchenyuk, you should watch a bit more hockey.
    I get it, you don't watch a lot of Blue Jackets games, most don't. I actually do. I am a closet Blue Jackets fan and watch a lot of their games so I do get to see a lot of Boone Jenner. He and Galchenyuk are two different types of players. I do watch enough hockey thanks.

What I am referring to here in this thread is that this team could have used a Boone Jenner style of player a lot more than they needed a Galchenyuk style of player. Thats why I said Galchenyuk is arguable compared to others, meaning others already on this team.

Jenner is a grit player with offensive abilities. Galchenyuk is a finesse player. This Team NA roster already has its fill of finesse but seriously lacks the grit factor. Jenner should have been an easier choice to make this team. Galchenyuk not so much.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Expert

I get it, you don't watch a lot of Blue Jackets games, most don't. I actually do. I am a closet Blue Jackets fan and watch a lot of their games so I do get to see a lot of Boone Jenner. He and Galchenyuk are two different types of players. I do watch enough hockey thanks.

What I am referring to here in this thread is that this team could have used a Boone Jenner style of player a lot more than they needed a Galchenyuk style of player. Thats why I said Galchenyuk is arguable compared to others, meaning others already on this team.

Jenner is a grit player with offensive abilities. Galchenyuk is a finesse player. This Team NA roster already has its fill of finesse but seriously lacks the grit factor. Jenner should have been an easier choice to make this team. Galchenyuk not so much.
    I see your point about grit and Galchenyuk being "finesse". Jenner should have been chosen over Matthews just like Galchenyuk/Jenner should be there over Drouin-Miller-Matthews(Maybe even Larkin)
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Pro

Questioning RNH's inclusion is just crazy to me. If he wasnt injured he would have been announced with the first group.
    He has 100s of games of actual experience going head-to-head against the sedin/kopitar/thornton's of the world. save your Oilers jokes he will have a better D on Team NA then Edm has ever sniffed.

Team NA isnt trying to make a "fun" team, they are trying to win, hence people like RNH and Couturier are locks.

ps. Jenner is a huge exclusion, he's twice the player JT Miller is, who's quick inclusion always baffled me. Im under the assumption theres an unwritten rule about fielding a certain amount of american players to truly make it Team NA. Otherwise Miller isnt there.
    10 Team Roto Keeper League; 20 Keepers;
    Stats: G,A,Pts,ppg,ppa,pims,+/- ; W,sv%,svs
    C: Seguin, Panarin, Carter
    LW: Benn, Hall, Buchnevich, Coyle, Zucker
    RW: Kane, Simmonds, Stone, Nino, Gallagher
    D: Subban, Doughty, Byfuglien, Jones, Mcdonagh, Fowler
    G: Price, Holtby, Halak, Reimer