Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Team North America...Biggest Snubs?

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Team North America...Biggest Snubs?

Dobber posted a couple of these threads for Team Canada and USA, but how about the youngsters? Who got shafted?

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Team North America...Biggest Snubs?

Fabbri. !! Posted that in the other thread as I was too lazy to make a new one.

Dobber Sports Sage

Would also add Boone Jenner to that list. A 30-goal scorer with the kind of physicality that Team NA is sorely lacking in.

Jon Huberdeau, Vince Trocheck and Alex Galchenyuk also have meritorious cases.

I...am your father.

Fabbri and Jenner for sure. Fabbri is a must - especially with this playoff experience. And Team USA adds Backes/Abdelkader/Dubinsky/Callahan...but TNA won't add Jenner? Dumb.

Replace Miller and Nugent-Hopkins with Fabbri and Jenner.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Expert

Lol the biggest snub is without a doubt Alex Galchenyuk.
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by yougo View Post
    Lol the biggest snub is without a doubt Alex Galchenyuk.
    Yeah no kidding.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

definitely fabbri and jenner.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Fabbri and Jenner for sure. Fabbri is a must - especially with this playoff experience. And Team USA adds Backes/Abdelkader/Dubinsky/Callahan...but TNA won't add Jenner? Dumb.

Fabbri over Galchenyuk or Huberdeau is crazy talk.
    twitter: @hugotwigg

Dobber Sports Monster

Jenner not there is pretty shocking. Galchenyuk too. I don't want to go too conspiracy, but you have to wonder with it being an NHL event and in Toronto (and a team which is a gimmick) if Matthews got a little bit of a leg up. That's coming from a Leafs fan. Matthews Im sure will be great but it does seem odd he got the call over Gally, Bennett, etc.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    Jenner not there is pretty shocking. Galchenyuk too. I don't want to go too conspiracy, but you have to wonder with it being an NHL event and in Toronto (and a team which is a gimmick) if Matthews got a little bit of a leg up. That's coming from a Leafs fan. Matthews Im sure will be great but it does seem odd he got the call over Gally, Bennett, etc.
    Exactaly how did Matthews get ahead of those guys, guess he is going to center of Canada, which is okay as we will take Laine in the Peg.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post

I would agree with replacing Miller with Jenner, but I think you might be underestimating how good RNH is. Fabbri is a fantastic young player, but he has holes in his defensive game that RNH doesn't...plus experience.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Expert

Jenner is about the biggest snub based on various roles he can play. I would have also taken Galchenyuk over Nuge.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Goldendelicious View Post
    Jenner is about the biggest snub based on various roles he can play. I would have also taken Galchenyuk over Nuge.
    The reason RNH was selected for this team over someone like Galchenyuk was based more on his role as a two-way center, which he's adapting to becoming in Edmonton. Galchenyuk doesn't offer the same skill set as RNH.

Nuge also has more experience in the NHL than Galchenyuk and is more proven. Galchenyuk just had his first 50+ pt season. RNH already has two of those and was on pace for his third had injuries not derailed him.

I do agree that Jenner was worthy of a spot though. I would have taken him over Auston Matthews simply based on respect. Matthews has done nothing in the NHL to have earned a spot on such a limited roster while Jenner has put his time in to have earned the spot on this roster. I think Matthews got this spot because the tourney is headed to Toronto and we all know the Leafs will draft him 1st overall. I am not saying he isn't a skilled player, I am simply saying he shouldn't be leapfrogging actual NHL players. Just my opinion although I am sure others would disagree.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Administrator

You would think Galchenyuk's "versatility" would be an asset considering how much time he has spent at LW...

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    You would think Galchenyuk's "versatility" would be an asset considering how much time he has spent at LW...
    True, but you could say the same about Jenner. He's played plenty of C and wing. Either way, there will be a few guys playing different places and roles in this tournament.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."