Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Draisatl Upside?

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Draisatl Upside?

Hey Folks, what does everyone see as Drai's upside and when are we thinking he hits that?

Thanks in advance.
    20tm UFA/RFA dynasty

Cats: G, A, SOG, STpts, +/-, hits/bs, GAA, Sv%, W+SO

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Draisatl Upside?

Dobber obviously thinks VERY highly of him, ranking him 32nd on his top 300 dynasty rankings. That is ahead of RyJo, TyJo, Panarin, Forsberg, Huberdeau, Barkov, Monahan to name a few. I own him for dirt cheap and honestly I would probably trade him straight up for any guy on that list that I don't already own. But yeah, with him showing a lot of potential this season and having guys like McDavid and Hall as potential linemates, I imagine his upside is pretty significant if the cards fall right. Probably 60-65 points on a regular basis, which could possibly start as soon as next year. If he hits the lottery and gets put on McDavid's wing long term, I could see him putting up 75+ with regularity.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by BreadManPanarin View Post
    Dobber obviously thinks VERY highly of him, ranking him 32nd on his top 300 dynasty rankings. That is ahead of RyJo, TyJo, Panarin, Forsberg, Huberdeau, Barkov, Monahan to name a few. I own him for dirt cheap and honestly I would probably trade him straight up for any guy on that list that I don't already own. But yeah, with him showing a lot of potential this season and having guys like McDavid and Hall as potential linemates, I imagine his upside is pretty significant if the cards fall right. Probably 60-65 points on a regular basis, which could possibly start as soon as next year. If he hits the lottery and gets put on McDavid's wing long term, I could see him putting up 75+ with regularity.
    While I do agree with everything you have said, I don't think he ends up hitting more than 80 in any season of his career, and the fact that he may get turned into a centre on the second/third line that becomes one of the more defensively responsible ones for EDM, gives me pause on him even hitting 70 regularly. I like the 60-65pts for next season however.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by BreadManPanarin View Post
    If he hits the lottery and gets put on McDavid's wing long term, I could see him putting up 75+ with regularity.
    He could do that with Hall, as well.

Even in this first full season, and playing with Hall, he had 50 odd points.
    13 team Keeper, top 8F, 4D and 2G count. 1pt G/A, 2pt W/SO.
    Protect up to 500 points in a full season
    (K) denotes keeper

Keepers:

F: Draisaitl, Thompson, Thomas, Zuccarello, Konecny, Marchessault Ehlers, O'Reilly, Tarasenko, Perron, Coronato, Seguin, Atkinson, Rossi, Michkov
    D: Q Fox, Sergachev, Dobson, York, Hutson
    G: Vasilevsky, Jarry, Levi

Dobber Sports Pro

One projection of oiler lines that i saw had hall mcdavid draisaitl on top line and pouliot RNH eberle on 2nd line. If that really happened i would be surprised if draisaitl DIDNT hit 80 pts lol. But i doubt that is how lines actually shake out.

Dobber Sports Stud

If drai ends up on a line with hall and Mcdavid he's not putting up 80......that won't be his roll....McDavid and Hall are gonna get theirs no matter what....the guy on that line will be the third wheel by definition and get around 60 points at best....

Name me one line that went 80-90-80 in the last 6 years?

I'm asking because I could be wrong but all great lines are seemingly just a pair of studs with a third wheel

Seguin/Benn
    Backstrom/OVI
    Kane/panarin
    Getz/Perry
    Giroux/Vorucek
    16 Team Dynasty Weekly H2H Fantrax (starters in bold)

G A P +/- PIM SOG PPP H+B FOW --- W SV SV% GAA SO

(C) Krejci, Spezza, Koivo, Statsny Faksa
    (LW) Zetterberg, Duclair, Ehlers, M Domi Belesky, M Martin
    (RW) Pastrnak, Oshie, Larkin, Toffoli S Reinhart, Brouwer
    (D) J Honka, Seabrook, Goligoski, D DeKeyser, Vatanen, Parayko L Schenn, S Johns
    (G) Ward, Lack

Prospects- W Nylander, C Dvorak, I Barbashev, C White, T Rattie, M Dal Colle, A Mantha, R Barber, L Crouse, M Barzal, C Keller, L Brown, C Fischer, B Point, J Forsbacka-Karlsson

Dobber Sports Pro

As far as 3 guys all coexisting and scoring, the Triplets line is best example i can come up with. Obviously they didnt hit 80/90/80, but they didnt have a McDavid or even a Taylor Hall.... Obviously im not saying it is the norm, but if a highly skilled player got stuck with hall and mcdavid i really do believe 80+ points would be possible in the 3rd wheel role. But i may be nuts.

I...am your father.

With no McDavid, he could be an 80-point guy. He showed that for half a season this year as a first (full) year player!

But with McDavid, he has to settle for PP scraps and in the end I question if he can get to 75. Pretty safe for 70, once the Oilers get rolling. I do think highly of Draisaitl, and for good reason...but keep in mind those rankings haven't been audited and adjusted for next season. The May/June/July rankings are the least analyzed of the year. August ones are the best and most thorough. I bet come this August Draisaitl will be closer to 50
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by STLblues View Post
    If drai ends up on a line with hall and Mcdavid he's not putting up 80......that won't be his roll....McDavid and Hall are gonna get theirs no matter what....the guy on that line will be the third wheel by definition and get around 60 points at best....

Name me one line that went 80-90-80 in the last 6 years?

I'm asking because I could be wrong but all great lines are seemingly just a pair of studs with a third wheel

Seguin/Benn
    Backstrom/OVI
    Kane/panarin
    Getz/Perry
    Giroux/Vorucek
    Cheechoo Thornton Marleau in 2005-06 had 93-92-86

Dobber Sports Padawan

I like his talent alot and value him as a 70 point guy moving foward past this year, with 60-65 next season and 80 point upside. Will be interesting to see how it pans out with the lines in EDM.

Dobber Sports Ace

I see him as a 70ish point upside kind of player. Although a lot depends on who he lines up with, as well as what the Oilers do on the back end. If they can (finally) pick up a solid puck moving defenceman I think his upside ticks a little higher.
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Agreed that a lot will depend on how lines shake out.

No chance Leo maxes out with Hall and McDavid, but I think he's most valuable with either (McD at C, Leo at R or Leo at C and Hall at L). Still, this kid has potential and he's highly regarded in the system. Watch a few big trades change everyone's perspective.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Agreed that a lot will depend on how lines shake out.

No chance Leo maxes out with Hall and McDavid, but I think he's most valuable with either (McD at C, Leo at R or Leo at C and Hall at L). Still, this kid has potential and he's highly regarded in the system. Watch a few big trades change everyone's perspective.
    I agree, people ask for this speculation regarding highly fluid situations before the draft and free-agency even take place. We don't know what Edmonton is going to do with their pick and I'd expect them to be active in free agency. I don't see how they could expect any kind of accurate prediction whatsoever.

#garbageingarbageout

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Instant Karma View Post
    I agree, people ask for this speculation regarding highly fluid situations before the draft and free-agency even take place. I don't see how they could expect any kind of accurate prediction whatsoever.

#garbageingarbageout
    Yup... but still fun to speculate on some of these things. Especially when I'm starting to lose complete interest in Fantasy Baseball. I eat this juicy stuff up over the summer!

Dobber Sports Monster

I think he'll settle in as a high 60s player. He's a fun player to watch, big and makes things happen. He has this sort of not very graceful way of playing but every time he's on the ice it seems like he makes a good play. He'll be a top 30 scorer most years, but he'll be closer to 30 than 1 I'd think.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry