Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Finalized World Cup Rosters

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Finalized World Cup Rosters

Russia: Kovalchuk and Radulov leaving the NHL to go play in Russia and Russia snubs them for the World Cup!! Life is so good some days..

Europe: Paul Maurice is the coach of team Europe and N.Ehlers wasn't named to the team, I would have lost money on that bet, wow..

Sweden: Kronwall and Ekholm over Klingberg?? I guess with Karlsson, OEL, and Hedman you don't exactly need a Klingberg!! And no Nyquist?? Guess his season didn't only look bad to his fantasy owners..

Finland: Laine and Aho named but no Puljujarvi??

Czech: Wow, can you say last place?? They named Michael Jordan to the team.. Maybe 'Hanes' can sponsor the team??
    They should have combined the Czech's and the Slovak's for old times sake..

NA: Wow this team has speed.. Everyone is going to be tuning in for their games.. Will these guys be cocky?? Or will they go in with a mindset that they want to prove themselves?? And who will be the captain??
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Padawan

I see that Torts has not changed at all. Who needs scoring when you can have 5 guys stand in front of the goalie and block shots all game long, being pinned in your own zone until a fluke goal seals your deal. Love it!

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Russia: Kovalchuk and Radulov leaving the NHL to go play in Russia and Russia snubs them for the World Cup!! Life is so good some days..

Europe: Paul Maurice is the coach of team Europe and N.Ehlers wasn't named to the team, I would have lost money on that bet, wow..

Sweden: Kronwall and Ekholm over Klingberg?? I guess with Karlsson, OEL, and Hedman you don't exactly need a Klingberg!! And no Nyquist?? Guess his season didn't only look bad to his fantasy owners..

Finland: Laine and Aho named but no Puljujarvi??
    Puljus injury and not being able to play at the Worlds hurt his chances. He was competing against Laine and Aho for a spot and given their performances at the WHC, Pulju just had no shot.

Dobber Sports Master

wow , rnh and couturier still young enough to play for the young buck squad .had to put my glasses on to double check their ages

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Europe: Paul Maurice is the coach of team Europe and N.Ehlers wasn't named to the team, I would have lost money on that bet, wow.....
    My guess is Maurice is smart enough to realize there will be expectations for the Jets this season and it's more important to keep Ehlers with his actual team. This tournament means even less than the NHL preseason and everyone always gripes about having too many of those games as it is....Maurice knows the Jets and the NHL are what pad his back pocket.....
    16 Team Dynasty Weekly H2H Fantrax (starters in bold)

G A P +/- PIM SOG PPP H+B FOW --- W SV SV% GAA SO

(C) Krejci, Spezza, Koivo, Statsny Faksa
    (LW) Zetterberg, Duclair, Ehlers, M Domi Belesky, M Martin
    (RW) Pastrnak, Oshie, Larkin, Toffoli S Reinhart, Brouwer
    (D) J Honka, Seabrook, Goligoski, D DeKeyser, Vatanen, Parayko L Schenn, S Johns
    (G) Ward, Lack

Prospects- W Nylander, C Dvorak, I Barbashev, C White, T Rattie, M Dal Colle, A Mantha, R Barber, L Crouse, M Barzal, C Keller, L Brown, C Fischer, B Point, J Forsbacka-Karlsson

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Muzzin over Brodie/Giordano is lolz
    Yeah...not in the least. Muzzin absolutely deserves to be there. All three were viable candidates.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Canada and the USA seem to make these strange decisions at the bigger tournaments and yet they generally seem to be competitive in them. People criticized the roster decisions of Team Canada at the last Olympics as well and we ended up watching probably the best team ever iced go out there and absolutely destroy every single team in a perfect clinical fashion.

I'm learning that these GMs know a hell of a lot more than I do about how to put together a winning team. Go figure!

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by STLblues View Post
    Honestly as an American guys this tournament is a waste of time and absolutely no one in this country cares at all about it. I'm saying this as a hockey junkie myself and outside of the "young guns" team I doubt I watch a minute of it
    I'm in Canada and I don't care about it either

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by iwinthings View Post
    Canada and the USA seem to make these strange decisions at the bigger tournaments and yet they generally seem to be competitive in them. People criticized the roster decisions of Team Canada at the last Olympics as well and we ended up watching probably the best team ever iced go out there and absolutely destroy every single team in a perfect clinical fashion.

I'm learning that these GMs know a hell of a lot more than I do about how to put together a winning team. Go figure!
    The brass of these teams watch a hell of a lot more hockey than anybody here and they focus on particular players in the game watching everything the camera captures. There's reasons why the final cuts lie the way they do.

Also, its just common nature for Candians to criticize the rosters for international hockey whether it be the WJC, WC, World Cup, Olympics...until they win. Then it doesn't matter.