Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Finalized World Cup Rosters

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Finalized World Cup Rosters

Having watched Weber quite a bit over the last half a dozen seasons or so, he definitely has stepped up his play in both of the last two Winter Olympics. I agree he should probably be, talent-wise, behind the 5 posted by Yougo. I may be a little biased, however he has been too good for Canada not to be chosen and he deserves to be there until he shows he shouldn't be.
    When he has been paired with Doughty, they have dominated the game more than I have seen a pair of defencemen do in a long time.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Initiate

U23's add Gostisbehere, Parayko, Trouba (D) Drouin, Matthews, Nugent-Hopkins and Scheifele.

Canada adds Burns, Muzzin, Pietrangelo (D) Duchene, Giroux, Marchand, Thornton.
    24 Team H2H Pts Cap Dyn
    4C 4LW 4RW 6D 1G 4B 27M

G (1) A (1) +/- (.25) PIM (.05) SOG (.05) PPP (.5) HIT (.05) BLK (.05) FOW (.01)
    W (1.75) GA (-1) SV (.1) SO (3)

C: Seguin, Kuznetsov, Trocheck, Johansen, Kostin
    LW: Benn, Lindblom, Dickinson, Kubalik
    RW: Tuch, Fabbri, Bjorkstrand, Terry
    D: Klingberg, Chabot, Girard, Spurgeon, C Miller, Theodore, Marino
    G: Hellebuyck, Berdin

C: Elvenes, Vorobyev, Spacek, Jones, Eyssimont, Daviddson, Shvyrev
    LW: Dorofyev, Koivula, Shalagin, Dugan, Cates, Ranta
    RW: Volkov, Fortier, Evans, Blichfeld, Legare, Tieksola
    D: Laaksonen, Gilbert, Pilut
    G: Samsonov, Sorokin, Knight, Zagidulin

Dobber Sports Stud

So Canada chooses to go with 4RHD and 3LHD.

Also - no PK Subban, Letang or Perry.

And Price said today he isn't healthy yet. That has to concern Team Canada brass!
    WHL - 24tm multicast salary partial keeper
    19 Active / 6 Reserve / 15 Minors
    3C/3LW/3RW/3F/6D/1G
    Skaters: G/ A/ +/- /PIM/SOG/PPP/Hit/Blk/FOW-C
    Goalies: GS/W/OL/GAA/SV%/SV/SHO/ShL/A

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Having watched Weber quite a bit over the last half a dozen seasons or so, he definitely has stepped up his play in both of the last two Winter Olympics. I agree he should probably be, talent-wise, behind the 5 posted by Yougo. I may be a little biased, however he has been too good for Canada not to be chosen and he deserves to be there until he shows he shouldn't be.
    When he has been paired with Doughty, they have dominated the game more than I have seen a pair of defencemen do in a long time.
    Wouldn't be being those other 5 be the proof that he shouldn't be......?

Ultimately, this is something I don't at all care about. I think most pundits assumptions that this will replace the Olympics and the NHL will stop going to the Olympics is true. Which is unfortunate. Because you'll never get me to care about this tournament like I would about the worlds. That said.

Muzzin over Brodie/Giordano is lolz

Abdelkader, Callahan, and both Johnsons over Kessel, Faulk, and Shattenkirk is just incredibly hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Pit Bulls View Post
    So Canada chooses to go with 4RHD and 3LHD.

Also - no PK Subban, Letang or Perry.

And Price said today he isn't healthy yet. That has to concern Team Canada brass!
    Meh. I have no issues rolling with Holtby.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

USA contains to fail again at international roster selections. they just bombed the WJC and now this.

God i hope Kessel wins conne smythe, how hilarious would that be. MVP of the stanley cup playoffs somehow isn't good enough for his national team.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    USA contains to fail again at international roster selections. they just bombed the WJC and now this.

God i hope Kessel wins conne smythe, how hilarious would that be. MVP of the stanley cup playoffs somehow isn't good enough for his national team.
    Yes, Team USA is once again less than optimum. Starting with Tortorella as head coach. Definitely a heavy defensive flavor to this roster, two-way players galore.

No idea why Jack Johnson was selected. Torts must have seen enough of him this year to know he sucks.

Kessel, T. Johnson, Okposo, Faulk and Shatty all passed over. With Kane and Wheeler already on board Kessel could have been considered superfluous. I would have taken TJ over Stepan all day.

Quick Bishop and Schneider in goal gives them a prayer. It's not a horrible team so we will see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    Yes, Team USA is once again less than optimum. Starting with Tortorella as head coach. Definitely a heavy defensive flavor to this roster, two-way players galore.

No idea why Jack Johnson was selected. Torts must have seen enough of him this year to know he sucks.

Kessel, T. Johnson, Okposo, Faulk and Shatty all passed over. With Kane and Wheeler already on board Kessel could have been considered superfluous. I would have taken TJ over Stepan all day.

Quick Bishop and Schneider in goal gives them a prayer. It's not a horrible team so we will see what happens.
    Except Quick will be the starter, and he might be the worst of the 3 lol.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Except Quick will be the starter, and he might be the worst of the 3 lol.
    Could have been worse. As I scrolled through the roster and noticed how many retreads from the 2010 Olympic silver team were selected, I began to worry I might see Ryan Miller in the goalie corps.

Dobber Sports Stud

Honestly as an American guys this tournament is a waste of time and absolutely no one in this country cares at all about it. I'm saying this as a hockey junkie myself and outside of the "young guns" team I doubt I watch a minute of it
    16 Team Dynasty Weekly H2H Fantrax (starters in bold)

G A P +/- PIM SOG PPP H+B FOW --- W SV SV% GAA SO

(C) Krejci, Spezza, Koivo, Statsny Faksa
    (LW) Zetterberg, Duclair, Ehlers, M Domi Belesky, M Martin
    (RW) Pastrnak, Oshie, Larkin, Toffoli S Reinhart, Brouwer
    (D) J Honka, Seabrook, Goligoski, D DeKeyser, Vatanen, Parayko L Schenn, S Johns
    (G) Ward, Lack

Prospects- W Nylander, C Dvorak, I Barbashev, C White, T Rattie, M Dal Colle, A Mantha, R Barber, L Crouse, M Barzal, C Keller, L Brown, C Fischer, B Point, J Forsbacka-Karlsson

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    MVP of the stanley cup playoffs somehow isn't good enough for his national team.
    That's going to happen anyway when Logan Couture wins the Conn Smythe.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by STLblues View Post
    Honestly as an American guys this tournament is a waste of time and absolutely no one in this country cares at all about it. I'm saying this as a hockey junkie myself and outside of the "young guns" team I doubt I watch a minute of it
    What a shame then. Best on best and no one in the States cares? I guess you guys need the label "Olympics" attached to get your nationalistic jingoism mojo going!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    What a shame then. Best on best and no one in the States cares? I guess you guys need the label "Olympics" attached to get your nationalistic jingoism mojo going!
    There could be one useful thing accomplished......maybe the Blue Jackets will fire torts before the season even begins after the gauranteed hack job he will display at this tournament! Lol

As far as a label of Olympics changing things I guess that's fair, but come on this is just like the winter classic.....let's take something special and rare and unique and over do it.......it waters everything down in my eyes and I don't like it....
    16 Team Dynasty Weekly H2H Fantrax (starters in bold)

G A P +/- PIM SOG PPP H+B FOW --- W SV SV% GAA SO

(C) Krejci, Spezza, Koivo, Statsny Faksa
    (LW) Zetterberg, Duclair, Ehlers, M Domi Belesky, M Martin
    (RW) Pastrnak, Oshie, Larkin, Toffoli S Reinhart, Brouwer
    (D) J Honka, Seabrook, Goligoski, D DeKeyser, Vatanen, Parayko L Schenn, S Johns
    (G) Ward, Lack

Prospects- W Nylander, C Dvorak, I Barbashev, C White, T Rattie, M Dal Colle, A Mantha, R Barber, L Crouse, M Barzal, C Keller, L Brown, C Fischer, B Point, J Forsbacka-Karlsson

The Great One

NHL players shouldn't even play at the Olympics.

Just like the best soccer players don't play in the Olympics. Soccer has their world tourney every four years. Just like this tourney is trying to do.

It's taking over and this is year 1. I'd recommend everyone to watch it. It's going to be an awesome tourney.

The Great One

What I just found out is this.

There are also plans for a spin-off event beginning in 2018, which would pit a European all-star team against a North American all-star team in a five or seven-game series. This event would also occur every four years, alternating biannually with the World Cup of Hockey. These moves are intended, primarily, to help expand the international prominence of the NHL.[4]

How amazing would that be. euro all star team vs NA all star team? I a best of 5 or 7. That sounds awesome. Who wouldn't want to see that?